Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Geekbench 5? What could it be?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's Geekbench 5? What could it be?

As to Single Core Score, will the CPU processing speed of 2000 points be twice as fast as that of 1000 points?

Comments

• Anybody?

• PilzbaumPilzbaum Member
    edited April 2023

I'd say, if you mean the points for single core benches, then, on average, yes. AFAIK, geekbench performs various tests on different aspects of current CPU capabilities (eg. integer operations, floating point operations and many, many more)

However, geekbench numbers are relative to a reference system, in terms of GB5 it's an i3 8100 for 1000 points (I think).

Read more here http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/interpreting-geekbench-5-scores

• @Pilzbaum said:
    I'd say, if you mean the points for single core benches, then, on average, yes. AFAIK, geekbench performs various tests on different aspects of current CPU capabilities (eg. integer operations, floating point operations and many, many more)

However, geekbench numbers are relative to a reference system, in terms of GB5 it's an i3 8100 for 1000 points (I think).

Read more here http://support.primatelabs.com/kb/geekbench/interpreting-geekbench-5-scores

Thanks a lot!
    When comparing scores, remember that higher scores are better, and double the score indicates double the performance.
    So, same for CPU processing speed?

• ralfralf Member

@EthanZou said:

It depends what processing you're doing. Different jobs work better on different processors, and the Geekbench test run a lot of different types of workload to try to give an average figure.

Look at the breakdown of the individual test scores for the one that most closely resembles your workload, or even better benchmark your own app yourself.

• EthanZouEthanZou Member
    edited April 2023

@ralf said:

@EthanZou said:

It depends what processing you're doing. Different jobs work better on different processors, and the Geekbench test run a lot of different types of workload to try to give an average figure.

Look at the breakdown of the individual test scores for the one that most closely resembles your workload, or even better benchmark your own app yourself.

For php and mysql, what's their type of workload? Thanks!