Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solutions for cross region/provider private networking?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solutions for cross region/provider private networking?

ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Hi friends,

While waiting to BuyVM's cross regional private networking, I'm wondering is there some software alternatives?

I've used wireguard across multiple providers, but haven't gone the full mesh route, how well does it work in production?

Thank you!

Comments

• sixsix Member

Personally I use Tailscale with a self-hosted control server on one of my machines. It gets the job done, but speeds are slowed slightly due to wireguard overhead. Also stable, but haven't really used on any production environments other than locking dashboards behind tailscale rather than exposing directly to the internet.

• Hello Friends,

Exploring Alternatives to BuyVM's Cross-Regional Private Networking?

A brief explanation of BuyVM's cross-regional private networking
    Mention that the service is not yet available and the wait may be long.

The need for alternative software for private networking,
    The focus is on WireGuard and its suitability for production environments.

Thanks

• ralfralf Member

Check out this thread: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185059/one-global-mesh-vpn-network-for-my-lebs-nebula-or/p1

@Neoon has an open source project to run bird on top of wireguard point-to-point links to create an optimised mesh route. He's mentioned it in that thread too.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ralf said:
    Check out this thread: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185059/one-global-mesh-vpn-network-for-my-lebs-nebula-or/p1

@Neoon has an open source project to run bird on top of wireguard point-to-point links to create an optimised mesh route. He's mentioned it in that thread too.

Best shit ever, however, be careful, it might burn a hole in your pocket.