Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with "dirty" IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with "dirty" IP

Hi

I bought a VPS year plan with a recommended provider from this site;

I use it also as a personal VPN and have noticed that the IP is blacklisted/blocked on a lot of places; sites like Vultr.com block it for some reason, Google, a game I play on my phone won't let me log in when I use it, and others. The VPS works fine , but the isp for the provider has a bad rep when I searched them, tons of pages listed on search engines of ppl posting on forums about blocking the ISPs IP ranges. I'm not going to name drop right now, but I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was a dirty IP. I guess I'll only use it for inbound stuff no outbound. The VPS works good and the connection is fast. I already sent a support ticket, but any recommendations or advice?

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Have you washed your IP with hand sanitizer?

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited April 2023

That's just how it goes! Not a thing you can do about it outside of changing providers if they're range banned. If anything, request a refund and try and find another provider with a clean range. You can run a VPN on 128mb low end VPS no problem and there's plenty of providers here with inexpensive options and clean ranges.

Thanked by 2emg88 sliix
  • davidedavide Member
    edited April 2023

You mean std::launder()?

I've never been able to use google from a datacenter IP address. Even if the address isn't flagged in some spam list, residential addresses can be distinguished from datacenter addresses and a service may be denied on that basis alone.

Thanked by 1loay
  • emg88emg88 Member

@davide said:
    You mean std::launder()?

I've never been able to use google from a datacenter IP address. Even if the address isn't flagged in some spam list, residential addresses can be distinguished from datacenter addresses and a service may be denied on that basis alone.

I meant to say if I try to search something on Google, it'll show the "I think you're a bot thing, and it makes me do Captchas over n over. I didn't mean blocked from Google.

• Try using it normally for a while and solving lots of captchas.

Though if you're outright range-banned this won't help.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2023

@emg88 said:
    Hi

I use it also as a personal VPN and have noticed that the IP is blacklisted/blocked on a lot of places; sites like Vultr.com block it for some reason, Google, a game I play on my phone won't let me log in when I use it, and others. The VPS works fine , but the isp for the provider has a bad rep when I searched them, tons of pages listed on search engines of ppl posting on forums about blocking the ISPs IP ranges. I'm not going to name drop right now, but I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was a dirty IP. I guess I'll only use it for inbound stuff no outbound. The VPS works good and the connection is fast. I already sent a support ticket, but any recommendations or advice?

This is normal with data center IPs. They're meant to be used to serve data, not browse the web. Even if they aren't blacklisted, many sites don't expect end users from those IPs and treat all traffic as bots.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@MrRadic said:

@emg88 said:
    Hi

This is normal with data center IPs. They're meant to be used to serve data, not browse the web.

Beat me to it.

OP, you'll be hard pressed to find any provider with IPs that don't prompt the same messages. It happens with the big companies, small ones, and those in between.

A lot of sites/services put some rate limiting and restriction on non-residential IPs.

With that said, I very rarely ever use Google and find DuckDuckGo and Brave never complaining about the IPs I connect from, but Google likes to complain about them.

Thanked by 4MrRadic emgh emg88 Zyra
  • davidedavide Member
    edited April 2023

@MannDude said:

Beat me to it.

I'll legally recourse, I have proof that I said it earlier. I can scroll up and take a screenshot if you don't believe me.

Edit: BTW, I just tried to access google from one of the VPS'es I have and it worked after just one captcha. Every other time that I tried, google would jail me in a perpetual captcha-loop (as you solve a captcha, you get another one).

• I would just use a residential proxy if you want it to not be blocked by websites.

• patropatro Member

Well if you can't get a replacement IP then you can first check your IP in spam/block lists to see which ones have listed your IP and what is the reason. Then you need to go into every blacklisting service website and look for delisting process (if they have any).

For example if usenix has listed your IP then you can go to this address (using blacklisted IP) to start delisting process : https://www.usenix.org.uk/content/rblremove

Thanked by 1foxtare
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The trick is to use IPv6. If you use IPv4 you have issues in most cases.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

If it’s a ColoCrossing IP then you will probably never be able to search on google without a captcha

• @yoursunny said:

you funny, does it worked?

• or you can use warp instead vps ip

• @liaoxx said:

@yoursunny said:

No, use 99% isopropyl with 1% methanol.

• @CheepCluck said:

@liaoxx said:

@yoursunny said:

maybe use more cash could fix by change the provider

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @liaoxx said:

@CheepCluck said:

@liaoxx said:

@yoursunny said:

of course more cash would help. But more alcohol means less cash, but a temporary fix. Your pick.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @CheepCluck said:

@liaoxx said:

@CheepCluck said:

@liaoxx said:

@yoursunny said:

of course more cash would help. But more alcohol means less cash, but a temporary fix. Your pick.

I prefer more alcohol.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @emg88 said:
    Hi

That's normal for a datacenter IP

• It seems that the person who used the IP before abused it.
    Just only blame luck. The most efficient way is to change to another IP.

• @liaoxx said:

@CheepCluck said:

@liaoxx said:

@CheepCluck said:

@liaoxx said:

@yoursunny said:

I prefer more alcohol.

You know what you need to do! God speed brutha

• My recommendation is that you first check your IP with several known blacklists to really be sure.

Then what it's already been said about the difference between residential and data center addresses on uses and drawbacks.

If you're honored to be in places like abuseipdb, cleantalk, talos...then you learn, why that cheap provider does not have an authentication requirements policy like some Germans that get a lot of backlash for doing that...

• Prioritizing ipv6 might help.
    Or get some public NAT DNS as outbound nodes..