Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server is blocking while running YABS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server is blocking while running YABS

SirNeoSirNeo Member

I just bought a new VPS but just after i run YABS test stucks

Running fio random mixed R+W disk test with 512k block size...and then blocks i need to reboot it in oder to make ping/connection workable.

Any ideea why? Defective storage unit?

Comments

• Have you tried opening a support ticket with your provider?

• @Don_Keedic said:
    Have you tried opening a support ticket with your provider?

Yes but in the same time i am curious what community thinks is the problem.

• the benchmarking will stress your VPS CPU & network which could be detected as an abuse of resources. If the provider has some "fair use" policy then your VPS may get a temporary suspension due to peak CPU & network usage.. You should contact your provider or search in their knowlegde base for some keywords like "fair use" or "abuse"...

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited April 2023

Just be patient for your provider to get back to you. It doesn't matter what anyone here thinks if it doesn't work.

Thanked by 1SirNeo
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I always get annoyed at when people test infrastructure to see if they can generate complaints, while their test is by definition unimportant (no customer of theirs or visitor to their application is waiting for a response, for example). I feel like the only valid test is equal to real production use.

Maybe the VPS provider feels how I do and prefers their excess to be held for real world usage, and they've identified a way to catch and shut down unnecessary spikes. After all, if everyone on a node sits around benchmarking all the time, doesn't sound like the business any of us really wanted to get into.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • The answer was that they observed this behavior on their 1GB RAM VPSes and if i will upgrade YABS won't block my VPS anymore. Strange that i have another VPS in another location on same provider and no issue.

So feel free to speculate what might be the issue.
    Since i didn't run YABS vps didn't started so i have 8days uptime right now :)

• why do you need to run yabs more than once

• any VPS i cant YABS on, chargeback

• @SirNeo said:
    The answer was that they observed this behavior on their 1GB RAM VPSes and if i will upgrade YABS won't block my VPS anymore. Strange that i have another VPS in another location on same provider and no issue.

Don't you think you should share more information about the ticket or was it that they only said they observed this behaviour on 1GB RAM VPSES only?

• @Stradale said:
    why do you need to run yabs more than once

I don't do more than once. I tried to do YABS after i bought the service to see what i bought and the server stuck while testing the HDD speed. I rebooted it run YABS again stuck again. Opened ticket to support that reboted it again :) Than blocked at a 4-th attept of YABS than another guy from support told me to upgrade RAM.

@abdulsami34 said:

@SirNeo said:
    The answer was that they observed this behavior on their 1GB RAM VPSes and if i will upgrade YABS won't block my VPS anymore. Strange that i have another VPS in another location on same provider and no issue.

Don't you think you should share more information about the ticket or was it that they only said they observed this behaviour on 1GB RAM VPSES only?

That's the only thing they said. I need to upgrade the ram because i a known behavior on their 1GB boxes.

I didn't opened this ticket to trash the provider so i won't give names and so. I am just curious what can be the issue (if there is a issue).