Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between big German VPS providers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Difference between big German VPS providers.

I came across some providers like Webtropia, Servdiscount, Avoro, php-friends and netcup, where i find different VPS plans for a proper amount of money.
Seen from €4.50 up to €15 for a 200GB plan.
Who's the best for the buck? Who can give me the best hardware of all them?

Comments

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

Avoro/php-friends is great i've heard.
    but personally, i would not host anything in germany.

Thanked by 3Ght desperand karanchoo
  • @treesmokah said:

Why do you think that?

• GhtGht Member
    edited April 2023

@treesmokah said:

Me too , also i avoid every German provider that doesnt have English version on their site. Like php-friends , i didnt know that they use a "contract with client" and i didnt even know german lang at all to read the tos, and then they forced me to pay for the server for the other month because i didnt make an "Cancelation Form" to them before the deadline. So if you use german providers make sure they are prepaid.

• I notice that they have dedicated core CPU like Netcup, Php friends, Avoro etc. , So when you check or purchase, need to check/compare if you need those as well.

From this topic: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185385/netcup-easter-egg-hunt-2023#latest, for Netcup, can see the difference in results between the vserver and root server(dedicated core).

• fendixfendix Member
    edited April 2023

@Ght said: they forced me to pay for the server for the other month because i didnt make an "Cancelation Form" to them before the deadline.

Why do you blame the provider for your mistakes? You didn't follow the cancellation period, so you have to pay for another month. Simply as that.

@treesmokah said: but personally, i would not host anything in germany.

Because you act like you are chased by American authorities and have highly illegal stuff on your server? No one cares for your data.

@ascicode said: Who's the best for the buck?

Best bang for the buck depends on your requirements. Netcup, Webtropia and Hetzner are great provider, but expect to have slow support and inconsistent performance. Some reported arbitrary terminations of their service.

Smaller providers, especially php-friends and Avoro have fast, English-speaking support. Everything is communicated transparently with the customers. You get what you pay for. My subjective opinion is that the performance and uptime is better.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

@fendix said: Because you act like you are chased by American authorities and have highly illegal stuff on your server? No one cares for your data.

No, I do not support dictatorship and censorship. I won't put a single penny in Germant Govt and support this shitshow.
    Regarding your allegations, I host "high-risk" services that are legal(in my country) but I do not want to fuck with retarded Govts or DMCA mafia whenever I have some issue. I do not have anything against German hostings, other than the country - and sometimes the people, many germans are entirely rotten by german govt/eu propaganda.

German Laws and legalizations are extremely restrictive for ISP's.

I'd rather host in glowing USA and enjoy freedom of speech at cost of DMCA bullshit, than in Germany where there is no freedom of speech, DMCA and even worse privacy issues than in US.

Thanked by 2desperand karanchoo
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited April 2023

@treesmokah said:

@fendix said: Because you act like you are chased by American authorities and have highly illegal stuff on your server? No one cares for your data.

No, I do not support dictatorship and censorship. I won't put a single penny in Germant Govt and support this shitshow.
    Regarding your allegations, I host "high-risk" services that are legal(in my country) but I do not want to fuck with retarded Govts or DMCA mafia whenever I have some issue. I do not have anything against German hostings, other than the country - and sometimes the people, many germans are entirely rotten by german govt/eu propaganda.

German Laws and legalizations are extremely restrictive for ISP's.

I'd rather host in glowing USA and enjoy freedom of speech at cost of DMCA bullshit, than in Germany where there is no freedom of speech, DMCA and even worse privacy issues than in US.

I would agree with you. But US is a country that doesn't offer any privacy.

Which country allows everyone from worldwide to search for criminal records? Property records? court records?

I avoid US at all costs when the "privacy" is the main reason. I only see US option when it comes for freedom of speech, but nothing more.

Privacy in US doesn't exist literally. And the MAFIA you know where they come (I don't need to write the name of the country because is obviously)

In case of Germany, well they have a entire database updated for BND (which have partnership and agreement with organization from other countries.)

German is not bad for normal things, the network is great. But for privacy is a meh. But I prefer using Germany rather than US to be honest.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • GhtGht Member
    edited April 2023

@fendix said:

@Ght said: they forced me to pay for the server for the other month because i didnt make an "Cancelation Form" to them before the deadline.

Why do you blame the provider for your mistakes? You didn't follow the cancellation period, so you have to pay for another month. Simply as that.

Do you read what i wrote or you are posting what you want to read only ? And again if they or anyone else sell into International market then they must include English Translation into their website so we can read their tos and not f...up then.

• The best German servers are from Contabo.

• my personal experience with php friends was good. great service, uptime and network. price is not cheap like contabo.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

@jure12 said: The best German servers are from Contabo.

LOL... Contabo you said...

• @febryanvaldo said:

@jure12 said: The best German servers are from Contabo.

LOL... Contabo you said...

It seems that SpeedyPage is the best one.
    https://kangserver.id/benchmark-vps-speedypage-1-core-amd-2gb-ram-harga-7-49-usd-2023/

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

SpeedyPage doesn't have German location. The OP talked about Big German providers. SpeedyPage not quite there.

More over my site stil in maintenance mode. Thanks.

• Working with PHP-Friends since July 2020, great uptime, good hardware, dedicated cores, english support. VPS for production sites ✅

I currently have a promotion (2C, 8GB, 80NVMe) that expires in 1 month and I will renew it

• @jure12 said:
    The best German servers are from Contabo.

You need to look at my post then..

• @hyperblast said:
    @Avoro @PHP_Friends = premium.

netcup?

• pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2023

Php-friends and Netcup are great for long term projects. Hetzner and Avoro are nice as well but you can find best bang for your buck with the ones I mentioned first, even more so if you grab a special deal from them.

If Germany is suitable for your project that's a good place to host imo: political stability, great network. I've been using Netcup for a while and am not looking back.

• @EthanZou said:

@hyperblast said:
    @Avoro @PHP_Friends = premium.

netcup?

too.

• @jure12 said:
    The best German servers are from Contabo.

I would say stay away from them. :)

Thanked by 1pbx