Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you issue SSL certificates for your domains?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you issue SSL certificates for your domains?

What tools and methods do you use to manage SSL certificates of your domains?

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
SSL Certificate management
  1. What ACME client do you use?75 votes
    1. Certbot (Python)
      53.33%
    2. acme.sh (Shell)
      38.67%
    3. dehydrated (Shell)
        5.33%
    4. Lego (Go)
        2.67%
    5. Greenlock (Nodejs)
        0.00%
    6. simp_le (Python)
        0.00%
  2. What CA do you use?75 votes
    1. Let's Encrypt
      84.00%
    2. ZeroSSL
        9.33%
    3. SSL For Free
        0.00%
    4. BuyPass
        2.67%
    5. DigiCert
        0.00%
    6. GeoTrust
        0.00%
    7. GlobalSign
        1.33%
    8. Others
        2.67%

Comments

• Considering that PositiveSSL is still the cheapest paid DV SSL on the market today, I think Sectigo should have a place in the second question. :p

With the exception of my main site, which continues to use a commercial SSL certificate because I purchased a five-year certificate, the certificates for the other projects have been given to Let's Encrypt, with a server panel like Hestia taking care of renewals, and I no longer think about anything under the hood.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • acme.sh and GTS CA

Thanked by 2let_rocks harrison
  • MMzFMMzF Member

Cloudflare easiest.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • Certbot/Let's Encrypt

Thanked by 1harrison
  • @fadedmaple said:
    acme.sh and GTS CA

Thanks, didn't know Google announced a free certificate service.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • HostWildHostWild Member, Host Rep

Hello! @harrison :)

We recommended you CloudFlare or Let's Enrypt Free & Useful SSL Option.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

anyone knows how moeclub does this?

https://api.moeclub.org/SSL/

Thanked by 1harrison
  • The following tools and procedures are generally recommended for managing SSL certificates for domains:

Certificate Authorities (CAs): CAs are reputable, independent companies that provide SSL certificates. Owners of websites can guarantee the security and reliability of their domains by acquiring SSL certificates from CAs.

Automated tools: Numerous automated tools are available to manage SSL certificates. For instance, Let's Encrypt offers SSL certificates to website owners and is a free, open, and automated certificate authority.

Web hosting providers: A lot of web hosting companies include SSL certificates in their hosting packages. Because the hosting company will handle installation and renewal, managing SSL certificates may be made simple for website owners.

Certificate management software: To maintain SSL certificates, a variety of software packages are available. These tools make it simple to deploy and maintain SSL certificates across numerous domains, automate the certificate renewal process, and send notifications when certificates are ready to expire.

In the end, it's critical to consistently check your domains' SSL certificates to make sure they are current and installed correctly. This will assist in ensuring the safety and reliability of your websites.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited April 2023

@Aayushi said:
    The following tools and procedures are generally recommended for managing SSL certificates for domains:

Certificate Authorities (CAs): CAs are reputable, independent companies that provide SSL certificates. Owners of websites can guarantee the security and reliability of their domains by acquiring SSL certificates from CAs.

Automated tools: Numerous automated tools are available to manage SSL certificates. For instance, Let's Encrypt offers SSL certificates to website owners and is a free, open, and automated certificate authority.

Web hosting providers: A lot of web hosting companies include SSL certificates in their hosting packages. Because the hosting company will handle installation and renewal, managing SSL certificates may be made simple for website owners.

Certificate management software: To maintain SSL certificates, a variety of software packages are available. These tools make it simple to deploy and maintain SSL certificates across numerous domains, automate the certificate renewal process, and send notifications when certificates are ready to expire.

In the end, it's critical to consistently check your domains' SSL certificates to make sure they are current and installed correctly. This will assist in ensuring the safety and reliability of your websites.

Ok ChatGPT
    Oh nvm. I see that it’s not the first time you are doing this.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

I pray

• emghemgh Member

@emgh said:
    I pray

Ok Chat-GPT!!!

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Depends on what the server is used for

Public facing servers - certbot - Letsencrypt
    Servers that are proxied - certbot - Buypass can't be bothered to keep renewing :joy:
    Wildcard - bought.