Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning - stay away
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning - stay away

Rob Anderson is active again.
This time under the name server247.co.uk
He has already scammed people 5 times - don't let him get away with it again.

Comments

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

Has he posted on here yet ?

• Got it.

• So far he mailed all the customers that he scammed last time.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Someone catch me up on this LET lore?

@PulsedMedia said:

Rob, will setup a site to offer stupid deals on 2 or 3-year plans then Deadpool, sometimes find someone to take over the site without giving full details.

Example will say it earns £500 a month but what he fails to say is that all the payments have been taken for 2 or 3 years in advance, so you take it over and there is no income only expanses for the next few years, All the servers are setup on RAID 0 too so he can max out the storage but has no security of data

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@SWS said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Rob, will setup a site to offer stupid deals on 2 or 3-year plans then Deadpool, sometimes find someone to take over the site without giving full details.

Example will say it earns £500 a month but what he fails to say is that all the payments have been taken for 2 or 3 years in advance, so you take it over and there is no income only expanses for the next few years, All the servers are setup on RAID 0 too so he can max out the storage but has no security of data

Ah either long con (and then involucration) or straight up involucration, i see. Scam either way. These would be good offers for our neighborhood CCP Agent @yoursunny then, he tends to like his providers to involucrate i hear :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I have observed a similar trading strategy implemented by various companies. The process involves the creation of a regular company and a proxy company. The proxy company is used to engage in trading activities at a loss for a maximum of two years. Once the company gains momentum, the individual responsible for the operation will sell the entire company, including the customer base, to another company. This will cause the prices for the service to remain without any profit, leading to the company losing all its customers due to the cost of running.

I took over his sites a few years ago (before I knew the full background) and it was not one of the best decisions I made, I found out after taking over the sites within days the server payments are due, everything is on RAID 0, tickets within the WHMCS showing as 60+ days waiting for replies, he moved clients around before transferring the servers to me switching IP addresses, deleted some clients VPS claiming they had disputed payments and the backups had also been deleted just to name a few.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @WebProject said:
    I have observed a similar trading strategy implemented by various companies. The process involves the creation of a regular company and a proxy company. The proxy company is used to engage in trading activities at a loss for a maximum of two years. Once the company gains momentum, the individual responsible for the operation will sell the entire company, including the customer base, to another company. This will cause the prices for the service to remain without any profit, leading to the company losing all its customers due to the cost of running.

sounds very familiar :relieved:

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I don't know, went there and only saw a monthly deal, can't choose yearly even if I wanted :P

@Maounique said:
    I don't know, went there and only saw a monthly deal, can't choose yearly even if I wanted :P

Check out the previous names and offers posted on here :P

• @SWS @WebProject

Uhh, so people just buy a VPS company like that? Without basic due dilligence?

How much money is involved in these deals? $50? $500? $5000? This is mind boggling.

• lol whois the webserver's IP if you want to give him a call

@inland said:
    @SWS @WebProject

How much money is involved in these deals? $50? $500? $5000? This is mind boggling.

Maybe when false information is provided at the time and only the real details come to light after the fact.

After I had a copy of his ID provided to me as a trust agreement I could see no issue, it maybe "mind boggling" when you have no clue to the in's and outs :)

• ralfralf Member

Just out of interest, I looked at the web page. At the bottom, it lists a totally fake address: server247, 16 Mill Road, London, SW74 6RQ, UK.

This postcode doesn't exist - there's no such region as SW74, and none of the Mill Roads in London bear any resemblence to this postcode. Neither is there a company registered with that name at UK Companies House. If it was a real company, they'd also be breaking the law by not including their company number on the website.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@inland said:
    @SWS @WebProject

$5k is nothing, personally don’t have details but I think around $250k - $500k

• emghemgh Member

@Maounique said:

I looked too and found a yearly deal.

Who’s YABSIN’

https://www.server247.co.uk/manager/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, well, for such small ones, the transaction fees are too high, so I think everyone puts yearly deals at mini VPSes.

edited April 2023

🤔

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown

His "yearly" offers are here again for a quick cash grab.

• Rob just made the mistake of spamming all his previous victims again from his own mail account ([email protected]) and with all receivers disclosed - he's obviously totally losing it.

@BalleKlasker said:
    Rob just made the mistake of spamming all his previous victims again from his own mail account ([email protected]) and with all receivers disclosed - he's obviously totally losing it.

I just made Stripe aware of his activity and they have passed it to their internal secuiry team for a review

He is back again this morning with special offers