Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend search -- we are surrounded by shit sites
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend search -- we are surrounded by shit sites

Why do people have trouble finding valuable content using googlesearch?
most of the content that comes up in the search is shit!

Thanked by 2Calin WebProject

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@shuier said:

This shit is paid ads as Google preferred to display the paid spam ads than anything else.

Thanked by 1shuier
  • fazarfazar Member
    edited April 2023

Yes, I experience the same thing. Google SERP now showing irrelevant results or showing sites with automatically generated contents (mostly from .wiki domain). Google search seems heavily tuned to tackle Bing, but on the other side, it has really bad effects.

• nfnnfn Veteran

It's very disappointing, mainly when you try to find reviews where you can see clearly that was made to cash money from affiliates.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

@WebProject said:

@shuier said:

This shit is paid ads as Google preferred to display the paid spam ads than anything else.

uBlock Origin does the job :)

• Shit have more money than candy.

• 1q11q1 Member

@shuier said:

need old search engine picked by hands

• @fazar said:
    Yes, I experience the same thing. Google SERP now showing irrelevant results or showing sites with automatically generated contents (mostly from .wiki domain). Google search seems heavily tuned to tackle Bing, but on the other side, it has really bad effects.

This. Google will lose billions because stupid fucking garbage generated sites like minitools constantly being in a top result has killed all Google good will I've ever had.

In a few years, we might even see people telling people to just "Bing it" instead of "Google it" if Google doesn't get their shit together fast.

• @jenkki said:
    Shit have more money than candy.

Dingleberries poetically bridge shit and candies in an equitable democracy.

By the way I prefer Bing.

• Google/Bing for the generic cucked search results. Yandex for the real deal.

• nvmenvme Member

Yeah, it has been shit lately. I am just appending most of my queries with "reddit" or "forum", since the blogs that come up are shit.
    Bing is kinda same, but the number of search results in Bing are less, and if you go to next pages, most of the results gets repeated.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Might well try New Bing

• @TimboJones said: In a few years, we might even see people telling people to just "Bing it" instead of "Google it" if Google doesn't get their shit together fast.

Time to register lmbtfy domain(s)? :D

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • HxxxHxxx Member

chatgpt is really good at giving results, specially GPT4 (the one at openai site)

On the other hand BING now uses a chatgpt similar version , haven't tried it myself, maybe it does the job you want it to do.

• What about google Bard? Anyone tried it?