Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with enabling 2FA on Termius
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem with enabling 2FA on Termius

jason5545jason5545 Member
edited April 2023 in Help

I am trying to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on Termius, but I encounter an issue. I followed the instructions and entered the key from Termius into my Bitwarden authenticator app, but the app always generates an invalid code. I reached out to Termius support team and they asked me some security questions, but they misunderstood my problem and thought I wanted to reset 2FA, which I have not even activated yet. Is this a common issue? How can I resolve it?
The authenticator works fine in other applications. It only has problems with this one.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

I have not experienced that but I’ve started to grow a distate for it.

Notice that if you right click a server and click ”connect to SFTP” or whatever it says you don’t actually connect, you just get to the SFTP tab.

And if you were connected to another server before, you’ll see that, and you’ll get fooled into beliving you’re in the server that you actively instructed the software to be in.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • Sadly i'm not using Termius anymore, they are great especially the sync feature.

• @febryanvaldo said:
    Sadly i'm not using Termius anymore, they are great especially the sync feature.

What are you currently using? willing to know some alternatives.

• @emgh said:
    I have not experienced that but I’ve started to grow a distate for it.

Notice that if you right click a server and click ”connect to SFTP” or whatever it says you don’t actually connect, you just get to the SFTP tab.

And if you were connected to another server before, you’ll see that, and you’ll get fooled into beliving you’re in the server that you actively instructed the software to be in.

I actually face this exact problem a while ago.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @jason5545 said: What are you currently using? willing to know some alternatives.

Netsarang "XShell" along with their Xftp .

Thanked by 1jason5545