Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media's Epic Quest for the Legendary 0.39€ Seedbox Trial - Now with Docker and WireGuard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media's Epic Quest for the Legendary 0.39€ Seedbox Trial - Now with Docker and WireGuard

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2023 in Shared Hosting Offers

Pulsed Media's Epic Quest for the Legendary 0.39€ Seedbox Trial - Now with Docker and WireGuard Support!

Hear ye, brave adventurers! Your journey begins in the mystical lands of Helsinki, Finland. A legendary treasure awaits: Pulsed Media's SSD Seedbox Trial, which is said to be "free as in beer" for 30 days. BUT hush now! this secret is only to be whispered among the worthy.

We beckon you to embark on this epic quest to unravel the wonders of our SSD seedbox, now enhanced with Docker, WireGuard, and updated Jellyfin (streaming) + *ARR support! As you venture forth, know that fortune favors the bold, and more trials will reveal themselves with random chance several times per hour!

The Legendary Seedbox Trial

• 0.39€ for 30 Days (Sadly only free as in beer!)
  • 50 GiB Storage
  • 1Gbps Seedbox Network
  • 400 GiB Torrent Traffic
  • Terminates after 30 Days
  • Embark On Your Epic Quest!

Docker Support & WireGuard

Our legendary seedbox now has Docker support, giving you the flexibility to use anything you want! Check out our Docker info at https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=587. Plus, we've added WireGuard support for increased privacy and security! And yes, brave adventurers, you can use Docker and WireGuard on the trial seedbox as well!

*Updated Jellyfin (streaming) + ARR Support

We've updated our Jellyfin and *ARR support to enhance your streaming experience. Stream your favorite content with ease and grace, worthy of a true adventurer!

Our fellow adventurers have rated their experiences with us, and we're proud to share that on average, we've received a rating of 8.27 out of 10, with a median score of 9 out of 10!

You can learn more at https://pulsedmedia.com/free-seedbox.php and embark on your epic quest!

So, what are you waiting for, brave adventurers? Embark on your journey, and may the luck of the Seedbox Trial be ever in your favor!

Trusted by Adventurers and Europoors Alike:

So, what are you waiting for, brave adventurers? Embark on your journey, and may the luck of the Seedbox Trial be ever in your favor!

Thanked by 2bdl listerine90

Comments

• bdlbdl Member

Ye Olde QuestGPT

• Too expensive!111oneone

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said:
    Too expensive!111oneone

Oh absolutely! Next, we'll pay you to enjoy our legendary service! 😉💰

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I asked CharGBT to write a review of this offer:

Wow, this website is a real treat for anyone looking for a good laugh! I mean, who needs actual content when you can just list a bunch of random numbers and words, right? And don't even get me started on the logo - it looks like it was designed by a toddler with a crayon. But let's talk about the actual "information" on this website. Apparently, it's all about seedboxes and dedicated servers. Because, you know, everyone needs one of those in their lives. And according to the website, their servers are "cutting-edge" and "high-performance". But let's be real, they probably still run on Debian 8 and legacy IPv4. And what's with all the random numbers and letters for the different plans? Is this some sort of secret code? Or are they just trying to make it look more complicated than it actually is? Either way, it's not fooling anyone.

My advice: Don't waste your time on this so-called "provider". Keep doing your thing, buying real seedbox services from a provider not banned on r/seedbox, and let the non-recurring offers from this "provider" fade into the background noise of the internet. You've got more important things to focus on. 💪😎

Meanwhile, more pushups

@yoursunny said:
    I asked CharGBT to write a review of this offer:

Wow, this website is a real treat for anyone looking for a good laugh! I mean, who needs actual content when you can just list a bunch of random numbers and words, right? And don't even get me started on the logo - it looks like it was designed by a toddler with a crayon. But let's talk about the actual "information" on this website. Apparently, it's all about seedboxes and dedicated servers. Because, you know, everyone needs one of those in their lives. And according to the website, their servers are "cutting-edge" and "high-performance". But let's be real, they probably still run on Debian 8 and legacy IPv4. And what's with all the random numbers and letters for the different plans? Is this some sort of secret code? Or are they just trying to make it look more complicated than it actually is? Either way, it's not fooling anyone.

My advice: Don't waste your time on this so-called "provider". Keep doing your thing, buying real seedbox services from a provider not banned on r/seedbox, and let the non-recurring offers from this "provider" fade into the background noise of the internet. You've got more important things to focus on. 💪😎

Meanwhile, more pushups

Oooh! He strikes back! Even using my own photo!

But hey dude, this is something you might actually be able to afford. Continue bitching on!

How much did you have to direct that prompt to get desired result? I bet you spent quite a bit of time on that. Ultimately, there is a reason why 10%+ of our customers have stayed with us for more than a decade 🤷🤷

Now that I have responded to You, you can run away again back to your own little bubble ^_^

• dosaidosai Member

Make this recurring offer uwu

• padappadap Member

Interested to hear how your experiences with offering rootless Docker will be.
    I have been wondering why none of the seedbox vendors offer it, always thought it was because of the insane CPU overhead of slirp4netns.

• cpsdcpsd Member

All right, I just got one to try for first time your services. Thanks :)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • 0.39€ for 30 Days (Sadly only free as in beer!)

Don't you mean "free as in speech"? Anyway, I'll order one, it's been a while again :smile:

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Interesting offer, let me grab one to try. :)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@padap said:
    Interested to hear how your experiences with offering rootless Docker will be.
    I have been wondering why none of the seedbox vendors offer it, always thought it was because of the insane CPU overhead of slirp4netns.

that's why when you need fastest possible network you run it without containerization. For stuff like wireguard, proxmox backups etc. the performance has been more than sufficient so far.

Generally speaking the CPU is not the bottleneck for seedboxes.

• The traffic is only 400Gb, are you sure this is a seedbox? Isn't this just an hour spent?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @ptervip said: The traffic is only 400Gb, are you sure this is a seedbox? Isn't this just an hour spent?

With just 0.39 EUR what do you expect bro...?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

What will be the regular price for this after 30 days?

@febryanvaldo said:

@ptervip said: The traffic is only 400Gb, are you sure this is a seedbox? Isn't this just an hour spent?

With just 0.39 EUR what do you expect bro...?

and that is 100% paypal fees, infact they might probably a bit over that so i think we might be actually paying for people to use this

Also it is necessary fee because with at actual 0 you get a gazillion of fake and abusers, taking out 100% of available resources, and especially those who seek to abuse are proficient on this causing way higher operating costs than Joe Average.

Seedboxes are not web hosting, vps etc. but actually costs much more to operate than any of the other hosting categories, hell you could probably offer some RPi as a dedicated server for less OpEx than seedbox of this magnitude even.
    RPi is what 5watts?, costs like 30€ (RPi 3) and perhaps labor+infra another 10€ per unit when doing at scale, bringing the OpEx to something like 0.80€/Mo Power + 12mo ROI on HW 3.33€ = 4.13€/Month -- and you could probably trivially automate mgmt by using containers.
    A seedbox like here offered could use more bandwidth than that alone, let alone the HW + Power etc. costs. since it's always minimum of 100Mbps - or ~32TB (since it's before error correction) per month. Lowest cost 10G is what like 700€ a month on public market (Hurricane Electric) bring the cost of BW to 7€ a month.

Ofc RPi would use some BW too, but the expectation with them is not having 24/7 access to full fat 1Gbps, but more like it's nice if it can peak at 100Mbps occasionally, as long as latency is steady and at that cost point you have like 32GB SD Card as storage, so without abuse you cannot even do much damage that way.
    Hey, damn that starts sound like a awesome business! Tho i forgot cost of IPv4, but RPi dedi at that price point could just have CGNAT + Option for Dedi IPv4, it's not like seedboxes like this come with dedi ipv4 either.

Lol, i just realized how friggin' easy this would be for us to make these days :) for the funsies, i'll do the maths very shortly.

Back to free seedboxes
    In the past even at 0.20€ there was one user who created every day as many as there was free, the moment some came available, he took them up and if i recall right he put public torrents or something like that on all, wget loops etc. to consume the maximum possible amount of resources. Because it was fake info, it started taking hours daily to moderate the orders. We got tired of moderating these 0.20€ signups eventually, hence this was not available for years.
    Probably the end result will be the same this time too, let's see how long it takes this time. Meanwhile, enjoy.

@Arkas said:
    What will be the regular price for this after 30 days?

This is only 30days, no renewal options. Look at the normal services for renewing normal services. This is meant as a trial so you can feel out how it looks and feels.

• Recurring will be great offer

Odoid-N2+ w/ 4G RAM, 83$ list but 100+ for 5% discount making the cost about 72€ each as a nice compromise. You don't generally want to invest into cheapest of the cheap. CPU is Armlogic S922X Quad-Core Cortex-A73 + Dual Core Corext-A53
    https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n2-with-4gbyte-ram-2/

16G eMMC 100+ pieces is 11.66€ each.

• 83.66€ for the unit
    • Network cable, screws, standoffs etc. probably max 6€ so we round it to 90€
    • 32 per 1RU in 1RU setting (could possibly be 64)
    • Vertical mounting 4RU: 128 units, so same density not worth to pursue that
    • 1RU mounting HW + PSU + Cabling is max 200€ each or 6.25€ each
    • 4x Mikrotik RB5009 w/ 10G uplinks + 8x1G is a bit overkill but fits nicely: ~800€ or - 25€ each (Yikes!)
    • Engineering, QA work etc. presumably 5000€+
    • Total units, 1rack: 1216 units, so split the 5000€ over them: 4.11€ each
    • Total per unit 1RU layout: 125.02€ and full fat 1G

So we get:
    - 12month HW ROI: ~10.42€/Month
    - Electricity 0.80€ (5.9W peak)
    - BW like 1TB each a month would be generous, call it 0.20€/mo
    - Infra electrical (switches, fans etc): 0.52€/Mo
    - Total Guesstimated Support costs ~1.38€/Mo (1 ticket / annually / node average, 6 minute average work time)
    - 13.32€ / Month
    - Assume 5% annualized failure rate - because replacing units in this setting is nigh impossible, add an extra 50% to that cost: 7.5%
    - Profit margin: 20% (also functions as buffer for unexpected costs and events)
    - Account + TRX Fees 10%
    - Total: 18.90€ / Month

Well, that escalated quickly. And at the end of the day you still have a bottom of the barrel node (tho fairly fast in SBC world) with just 16GB eMMC and barely any bandwidth.

Makes zero sense :)
    I even forgot to include the rack costs to that, so final price like 20€ a month

@blackeye said:
    Recurring will be great offer

yes, also different price :)

btw, this is now 0.09€ looks like that already curbs abuse down enough.
    I think we have to pay a bit on top of that for the TRX Fees, but it's allright.

Thanked by 1cpsd

Tons of software updates released just now :)
    Lots of stability and performance fixes, and for many new features too, and re-introducing OpenVPN. Wireguard via docker etc.

Large portion of nodes got updated in the past 24hrs.

• Nice, thanks for letting us try stuff like these.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

COMMENT YOUR INVOICE # BELOW AND WE WILL EXTEND 2 MONTHS YOUR TRIAL!

Offer valid until end of august OR until it becomes too much work to do :)

Isn't this the best free seedbox of 2023? ;)

• homeoshomeos Member

@PulsedMedia said:

Invoice #178692
    Thanks.

• @PulsedMedia said:

Invoice #178724
    Thanks!

• @PulsedMedia said:

Invoice #178627

wow thanks :-)

• Did the rest of the stock sell out really quickly, or am I missing something?

• KrisKris Member

@PulsedMedia said: COMMENT YOUR INVOICE # BELOW AND WE WILL EXTEND 2 MONTHS YOUR TRIAL!

Offer valid until end of august OR until it becomes too much work to do

Isn't this the best free seedbox of 2023?

Invoice #178688

It sure as hell is the best seedbox of 2023.

edited July 2023

@Xrmaddness said:
    Did the rest of the stock sell out really quickly, or am I missing something?

They are "raffled", more gets added at random times, one at a time.
    Read the on page description.

@listerine90 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Invoice #178627

wow thanks :-)

@Kris said:

@PulsedMedia said: COMMENT YOUR INVOICE # BELOW AND WE WILL EXTEND 2 MONTHS YOUR TRIAL!

Offer valid until end of august OR until it becomes too much work to do

Isn't this the best free seedbox of 2023?

Invoice #178688

It sure as hell is the best seedbox of 2023.

@homeos said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Invoice #178692
    Thanks.

@lala_th said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Invoice #178724
    Thanks!

Ooops, after checking up i realize that the way we setup the product doesn't allow extensions! :O

So instead i added all of you 5€ as credit.

@PulsedMedia said:

THIS IS CANCELLED
    Due to how we setup the product.
    FREE 2 MONTHS NO MORE SORRY
    Check below for even better ;)

NEW PROMOTION: COMMENT INVOICE # + BEST THING GIVES YOU 5€

Comment your invoice # + what you liked BEST So far on the service and we'll add 5€ service credit. Those who already received +5€ are not eligible.
    You may use this credit for any future invoice. Credit gets automatically used when a new invoice is generated if it is not a new service order.

Limited to just 10 right now. We'll see how this goes and take it from there :)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@Xrmaddness said:
    Did the rest of the stock sell out really quickly, or am I missing something?

They are "raffled", more gets added at random times, one at a time.
    Read the on page description.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see that information on this page, https://pulsedmedia.com/free-seedbox.php, and I must have missed this line in your OP:

@PulsedMedia said:
    As you venture forth, know that fortune favors the bold, and more trials will reveal themselves with random chance several times per hour!

• @PulsedMedia Are trial accounts important? Yesterday I wanted to experience your service, so I registered as an experience member through leb's link, but after I succeeded, when I logged in to a specific torrent management interface, a 404 appeared and I couldn't log in at all. Then I sent a ticket to ask for your technical support, but the answer I got made me sad. They said: "Free is not supported" 👍🏻. bad experience. Haven't used your seedbox yet

• Invoice 179175

Best thing same torrent on this box get 10x more ratio than home 100mbps connection started at same time after one day.