Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low-spec but stable VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low-spec but stable VPS?

I'm looking for VPS with these requirements:

Somewhere in EU, KVM, IPv4, ~512MB RAM, 5-10GB disk, low traffic, annual payment. By "stable" I mean not changing IP-address every month, like one unnamed (once good and today terrible) provider does! On the other hand, interruptions and/or restarts are not problem...

I'd like to use it as my master-dns, and changing its IP means I have to create new zone-files, new keys, sign zones, upload dnssec-keys to upstream-dns using my registrar's web, etc. All manual work, and I'm sick of doing it again and again. This should be VPS I set up once and then forget about it, till there is major OS-update...

Comments

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

Happy to provide that in Amsterdam, NL, HydraCom network with 120Gbps Corero DDoS Protection. 10Gbps network possible too.

Price: 12GBP/Year

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do it for you in UK or NL.
    Email us at [email protected] to work out a custom deal.

~ SMARTHOST

• HxxxHxxx Member

vultr

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Jarry said: once good

eh

• emghemgh Member

Not to be negative but if you really value your time don't pick any half a year old LET provider, just don't.

Vultr was suggested by @Hxxx, it's a good suggestion.

Thanked by 1Otus9051
  • Agreeding with emgh, Vultr, Linode, DO are all excellent options for a stable VPS.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

@concept said: Agreeding with emgh, Vultr, Linode, DO are all excellent options for a stable VPS.

For sure they are one of the biggest providers, add UpCloud. Especially DO and Linode (Akamai). But Linode & UpCloud don't have someting like 512MB RAM, 5-10GB storage anymore, except DO and Vultr i believe still have.

• @febryanvaldo said:

@concept said: Agreeding with emgh, Vultr, Linode, DO are all excellent options for a stable VPS.

For sure they are one of the biggest providers, add UpCloud. Especially DO and Linode (Akamai). But Linode & UpCloud don't have someting like 512MB RAM, 5-10GB storage anymore, except DO and Vultr i believe still have.

That’s the tradeoff between stability and price. Many LET providers lease IP addresses from third parties or use their upstreams’, in this case address could change. Larger providers use their own assets so it’s more stable. DO/Vultr’s 512MB plans are quite expensive according to LET standards IMO.

• edited April 2023

Scaleway Stardust is super cheap if you can do IPv6 only, or use some tunnel for IPv4. No SLA agreement, but should be fine for hobbyist projects.

https://www.scaleway.com/en/stardust-instances/
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178384/scaleway-stardust-ipv6-0-37-mo/

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

You are welcome to check our service and our VPS plans starts from 2Gb of RAM and we never mess with customers allocated IP addresses.

Guaranteed RAM: 2GB
    Disk Space: 20GB SSD
    Bandwidth: 2TB
    CPU: 2 vCore CPU
    Dedicated IP (IPv4): 1
    Dedicated IP (IPv6): 1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)
    Support: Self-Managed/Unmanaged Support
    £5.60 per month (what you see what you pay + additional discount is available for annual payments)

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

If you have Russian rubles and you want to burn the, use your VPS plan Pluto in Frankfurt, Germany, bro! Just for 249₽ per month or 2988₽ you will get 512MB RAM, 10 GB SSD, 1 IPv4 and one Ipv6 address and unmetered traffic! Also, you can use promo code ROBO with 5% discount. And we don't have any plans to change IP address.

If you do not have Russian rubles you may pay by your VISA card issued in your country but unfortunately processing company fee will be added and it is big enough.

To test speed and connectivity you may use following link: https://www.robovps.biz/lg/
    To review plans: https://www.robovps.biz/en/vps/

• @febryanvaldo said:

Hetzner? OVH?

edited April 2023

@EthanZou said: Hetzner? OVH?

These two not only big, they owned and managed DC.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rustelekom said:
    If you have Russian rubles and you want to burn the, use your VPS plan Pluto in Frankfurt, Germany, bro! Just for 249₽ per month or 2988₽ you will get 512MB RAM, 10 GB SSD, 1 IPv4 and one Ipv6 address and unmetered traffic! Also, you can use promo code ROBO with 5% discount. And we don't have any plans to change IP address.

If you do not have Russian rubles you may pay by your VISA card issued in your country but unfortunately processing company fee will be added and it is big enough.

To test speed and connectivity you may use following link: https://www.robovps.biz/lg/

Actually is/was a solid service, until it was price hiked from 129RUB.
    Close to 3€ is pricey for 512MB, plus right now you need actually a russian issued master or visa card to pay that price otherwise you pay more on top.

Thanked by 1borowsky
  • rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

@rustelekom said:

Actually is/was a solid service, until it was price hiked from 129RUB.
    Close to 3€ is pricey for 512MB, plus right now you need actually a russian issued master or visa card to pay that price otherwise you pay more on top.

Thank you for your comment! We acknowledge that, at present, payments in USD or Euro is higher than those in Russian rubles. Nevertheless, we are actively addressing this issue and are confident that we will resolve it soon.

• @febryanvaldo said:

How about Linode, DO and Vultr?

edited April 2023

@EthanZou said: How about Linode, DO and Vultr?

IDK about whether they own a DC or not, but for sure they are among the biggest cloud providers.

• @EthanZou said:

@febryanvaldo said:

Vultr own their NJ datacenter, all other locations offered by these three providers are colocated AFAIK.

• @Kousaka said: Vultr own their NJ datacenter, all other locations offered by these three providers are colocated AFAIK.

No wonder Hetzner and OVH are much cheaper than others. @febryanvaldo

• emghemgh Member

@Kousaka said:

@EthanZou said:

@febryanvaldo said:

Vultr own their NJ datacenter, all other locations offered by these three providers are colocated AFAIK.

Source? Never though they owned a single.

@WebProject said:
    You are welcome to check our service and our VPS plans starts from 2Gb of RAM and we never mess with customers allocated IP addresses.

£5.60 per month (what you see what you pay + additional discount is available for annual payments)

So you own every IP allocated to clients?

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

I’ve heard they were here but I have no source and I don’t know:
    https://www.qtsdatacenters.com/data-centers/piscataway

Their logo is listed there too.

Don’t think they own any DC.

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 2023

I'm using GreenCloud, for $15/year various EU locations have:

• 2048MB RAM
    • 1024MB SWAP
    • 20GB SSD RAID-10 Hard drive
    • 1 core @ E5v4 CPU
    • 1 IPv4
    • /112 IPv6
    • 2TB Bandwidth
    • 10Gbps Port
    • Linux OS

The price is recurring and in yearly payments. I've been using them for about 8 months to date, with only 20 minutes of downtime in total. Never got an IP randomly change. This offer only appears on your dashboard after you create an account.

• @emgh said:
    I’ve heard they were here but I have no source and I don’t know:
    https://www.qtsdatacenters.com/data-centers/piscataway

Their logo is listed there too.

Don’t think they own any DC.

Just checked, yes seems this is true. They do not own their NJ location. Thanks for correcting!

Thanked by 1emgh

@emgh said:

@Kousaka said:

@EthanZou said:

@febryanvaldo said:

@WebProject said:

We don’t own every IP address of our range but we don’t mess up, so done a few times migration of nodes to new hardware and the option to move of IPs is available so customers had exactly the same IPv4 addresses. The same option I do believe available with other providers unless provider change the datacentres.

• @davide said:
    I'm using GreenCloud, for $15/year various EU locations have:

• 2048MB RAM
    • 1024MB SWAP
    • 20GB SSD RAID-10 Hard drive
    • 1 core @ E5v4 CPU
    • 1 IPv4
    • /112 IPv6
    • 2TB Bandwidth
    • 10Gbps Port
    • Linux OS

The price is recurring and in yearly payments. I've been using them for about 8 months to date, with only 20 minutes of downtime in total. Never got an IP randomly change. This offer only appears on your dashboard after you create an account. Aff link.

Are they good? they're registered in Delaware.

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 2023

These are my own stats collected with Munin; running on this VPS I have about 20 nodejs processes, a MariaDB database, nginx and other stuff. So far all has been good to me in their UK datacenter.

https://imgur.com/Mm6kmxx.png
    https://imgur.com/GjiYNqi.png
    https://imgur.com/gsafFvl.png

Edit: I noticed that you're also looking for a US provider. I've been keeping an eye on EthernetServers, they offer VPS'es around the US at the lowest prices and they don't seem to have collected complaints from users, but I haven't personally tried them. They are not in the EU thought. I went with Greencloud because I needed servers in Europe.

• emghemgh Member

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@Kousaka said:

@EthanZou said:

@febryanvaldo said:

@WebProject said:

We don’t own every IP address of our range but we don’t mess up, so done a few times migration of nodes to new hardware and the option to move of IPs is available so customers had exactly the same IPv4 addresses. The same option I do believe available with other providers unless provider change the datacentres.

You’re mistaken but it’s fine.

Since you don’t own it, you can’t claim that any client will keep it.

You can’t even claim that you as a company will keep it.

edited April 2023

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@Kousaka said:

@EthanZou said:

@febryanvaldo said:

@WebProject said:

Did I mentioned anywhere that customers can keep it? I mentioned that if we do migrate to different hardware customers allocated IP addresses are not changing to new ones like with certain providers on LET ( these providers do have excuses like example: oh, it’s new AMD processor on nodes so new IPs allocated or some other BS excuse)

• emghemgh Member

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

@Kousaka said:

@EthanZou said:

@febryanvaldo said:

@WebProject said:

Did I mentioned anywhere that customers can keep it? I mentioned that if we do migrate to different hardware customers allocated IP addresses are not changing to new ones like with certain providers on LET ( these providers do have excuses like example: oh, it’s new AMD processor on nodes so new IPs allocated or some other BS excuse)

No, in your original message hardware was not mentioned. You just claimed that you never change IPs, and I just said that you can’t say that because their not yours so it’s not up to you.