Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keepsolid VPN got more lax on removal of devices (/device count limit)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Keepsolid VPN got more lax on removal of devices (/device count limit)

Many of you guys are already using Keepsolid Lifetime VPN and the deal used to come with a 5 device limit, where total number of registered devices was counted. This was annoying, because most VPN providers (Ivacy and others) usually only counted concurrently connected devices, so a 5 device limit was imho more than sufficient for a single user. Keepsolid's VPN was sort of a pita in this regard, because you could only remove 1 device per week, so if you already had registered 5 "devices" to your sub and suddenly needed 2 new slots, because you installed the browser extension somewhere (this also counted as a device), or installed it on a couple of virtualbox vms, you were in trouble. That's why I, back then, bought an additional 5 devices for lifetime (20$ ish?!) which was quite the good deal and I never really had an issue with the device limit ever since.

Today, I noticed that when I removed a device something was different as usually iirc it would display smth like "next device can be removed in x days". Today, however, it didn't.
When I then proceeded to try and remove another device it worked without an issue.
I couldn't believe it and looked it up in the knowledge base.
Seems like as long as you only add 5 devices (so this basically applies to all of you guys who bought the lifetime deal) you can now remove them any time at will. Only if you had a plan which would support more than 5 devices there is a limit for device removal now.

While I would still prefer they just would count concurrently connected devices, this means way more flexibility for my VMs now and probably some people here might also want to know about this :)

KB article: https://www.vpnunlimited.com/help/manuals/user-office

To remove an unused device, log in to your User Office, press Manage for KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, and navigate to the Devices section. There you can view the list of all your devices in use and manage them manually.

Note: You may remove the first 5 devices without restrictions monthly. After that, you will be limited to removing 1 device per day for a month from the date of the removal of the first device.

Thanked by 2morreke Arkas

Comments

• finally

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    finally

Took them long enough. Maybe this happened when Stacksocial lifetime deal was discontinued?

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited April 2023

@Ympker said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    finally

Took them long enough. Maybe this happened when Stacksocial lifetime deal was discontinued?

There was a trick where you could remove any (or all) of them without waiting, in an endpoint that only popped up using the KeepSolid extension.

I noticed that the limit of 1 device per day on the usual way, in the VPN devices section, is gone since like ~2 months ago though, at the very least.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thank for the info. This is a great feature.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @default said:
    Thank for the info. This is a great feature.

Honestly, this was about the only thing that I found annoying/didn't like so much about Keepsolid. Now, I'm really looking forward to deploying Keepsolid to my virtualbox desktops etc :)

• Thank for the info. This is a great feature.The previous display was too hateful!

Thanked by 1Ympker