Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Shared Drive - sync/download all content locally?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Shared Drive - sync/download all content locally?

acjmacjm Member

Hello,

I’m looking for a way to download/export all of my Google Shared Drive content to have a local copy - does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

Everything I’ve found so far only allows cloud to cloud as backup options.

The desktop Google Drive app only lets you download your G Drive content and not Shared Drives.

Thanks

Comments

• You can use rclone to do this: https://rclone.org/

• acjmacjm Member

@CyberneticTitan said:
    You can use rclone to do this: https://rclone.org/

I’ve just found this but I wasn’t sure if it does Google Shared Drive it just says “Google Drive” so I’ve asked the question with support.

Have you used it to do this before?

• @acjm said:
    I’ve just found this but I wasn’t sure if it does Google Shared Drive it just says “Google Drive” so I’ve asked the question with support.

Yes, it treats it like any other google drive Upon entering your credentials you will be prompted with:

Configure this as a Shared Drive (Team Drive)?
    y) Yes
    n) No

After hitting yes it will list the share drives you have access to.

Thanked by 1acjm
  • acjmacjm Member

@CyberneticTitan said:

@acjm said:

Yes, it treats it like any other google drive Upon entering your credentials you will be prompted with:

Configure this as a Shared Drive (Team Drive)?
    y) Yes
    n) No

After hitting yes it will list the share drives you have access to.

Awesome!

I’ll give this a try, thank you.

• djndjn Member

use the --drive-shared-with-me flags if it's somthing someone has shared with you

Thanked by 1acjm