Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN passes "Altius IT" No-Logs Security Audit - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN passes "Altius IT" No-Logs Security Audit

2»

Comments

• @treesmokah said:

@Ympker said:

@treesmokah said:

@Ympker said: Streaming and unblocking, that's it as far as use case goes for me.

Use proxies or individual vpn profiles, do not fucking trust their Apps.

Most unblocking is done by Ivacy proxy browser extension in my case. Works well.

Do you mind sharing the "audit report" they have posted on FastestVPN blog? I'm unable to access it without an account.

lmao I thought you were kidding. "Sign in to get the audit report"

If I was a VPN company, especially one of the few who has been audited, I'd have that plastered on my front page saying how awesome my service is and how most other providers aren't even audited.

Not only is it NOT A FEATURED blog post but when you do manage to sift through the blog and find it, you have to sign up for an account before you're able to view it?!

Good luck folks!!!! Don't say we didn't warn ya.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@treesmokah said:

@Ympker said:

@treesmokah said:

@Ympker said: Streaming and unblocking, that's it as far as use case goes for me.

Use proxies or individual vpn profiles, do not fucking trust their Apps.

Most unblocking is done by Ivacy proxy browser extension in my case. Works well.

Do you mind sharing the "audit report" they have posted on FastestVPN blog? I'm unable to access it without an account.

lmao I thought you were kidding. "Sign in to get the audit report"

If I was a VPN company, especially one of the few who has been audited, I'd have that plastered on my front page saying how awesome my service is and how most other providers aren't even audited.

Not only is it NOT A FEATURED blog post but when you do manage to sift through the blog and find it, you have to sign up for an account before you're able to view it?!

Good luck folks!!!! Don't say we didn't warn ya.

One note: It may be not a featured blog post, but the only way I found out that there was an audit (of any form) was because they added it to the footer of their website saying something like "Audit NEW". So they did make it visible in a way.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited April 2023

@Ympker

This is something you'd go shout from the rooftops.

Callouts on your homepage, emails to your clients, emails to tech reviewers that have previously reviewed your service...you'd want people to know that not only do you PROMISE you protect their privacy, you can now demonstrably PROVE that your privacy is protected. You pay for someone to audit you, you post their review, unedited, regardless of what it finds. That's transparency.

These people are like

"Hey, on the down low, we got audited by this small IT company with less than 10 employees that no one has heard of to audit our services/software. After the check cleared, they said we were good. Want to know exactly what they said? Make an account"

That's the antithesis of what I'd want from a company supposedly in the privacy business.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2023

@Don_Keedic said:
    @Ympker

This is something you'd go shout from the rooftops.

Callouts on your homepage, emails to your clients, emails to tech reviewers that have previously reviewed your service...you'd want people to know that not only do you PROMISE you protect their privacy, you can now demonstrably PROVE that your privacy is protected. You pay for someone to audit you, you post their review, unedited, regardless of what it finds. That's transparency.

These people are like

"Hey, on the down low, we got audited by this small IT company with less than 10 employees that no one has heard of to audit our services/software. After the check cleared, they said we were good. Want to know exactly what they said? Make an account"

That's the antithesis of what I'd want from a company supposedly in the privacy business.

I agree, vpn audits definitely should be made accessible publicly.