Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best WHMCS Alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best WHMCS Alternative

bastabbastab Member, Host Rep
edited April 2023 in General

Whmcs prices are pretty high : )

I know about this Alternative panels

Which is the best? Or if I missed any panel please tell me.

Bastab : )

Vote ! To find perfect alternative of whmcs
  1. So which can replace whmcs >>69 votes
    1. Blesta
      44.93%
    2. Clientexec
      18.84%
    3. Wisecp
        2.90%
    4. Upmind
        0.00%
    5. BillingServ
        2.90%
    6. Support Pal
        0.00%
    7. Hostbill
      30.43%

Comments

• suutsuut Member

Blesta is the second most panel I've seen on lowendtalk.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Create a poll.

• I think clientexac is going to disrupt the market with the 7.0 release

• 1) Blesta is the second best. It's almost as good as whmcs. It needs a few features I'm Waiting to get polished out, and then I will switch to this.

2) Clientexec Looks promising but can be a little clunky to use. It would be higher on the list if it had an exemplary user interface like WHMCS. Only time will tell.

• bastabbastab Member, Host Rep

@suut yes blesta is good,but their updates are so late.

@NetDynamics24 done

@Vikasverma i don't recommend because they have lot of bugs but their support team is really good and better than others.

@ivlad yap

Thanked by 1greentea
  • BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited April 2023

If you have budget and want something solid then in my opinion nothing can beat Hostbill

• adlyadly Veteran

FOSSBilling (fork of BoxBilling) is also worth a look, for an open source solution, with great progress being made.

Thanked by 1bruh21

@BingoBongo but for me their user-interface is not user-friendly.

@adly ++

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited April 2023

@bastab said:
    @BingoBongo but for me their user-interface is not user-friendly.

@adly ++

Then I think nothing comes close to WHMCS unfortunately.

You can start with Blesta or Clientexec however they are relatively new and maybe they don't have many plugins. It's depends on your use case.

And for Hostbill it may looks confusing but after few days you will used to it.
    It's happened to me as well, but once I start using it I really enjoy the software It's also has almost every plugin to integrate software requires for my tasks.

Good luck 👍

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

My periodic review of host billing software does not allow me to switch from Billmanager. All software has many limitations and incompatibilities, and Billmanager is no exception to that list. But, I don't know of any real life software that can manage: servers, VPS, shared hosting, domain, SSL certificates, software licenses in one place. And the price is not too big. The only alternative is to write your own billing, but that requires good programmers.

Thanked by 1bruh21

@BingoBongo yes its true. Whmcs is king : )

Anyway thanks.

Bastab

@rustelekom you forget to say money + programmers team.

Bastab

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@bastab said:
    @rustelekom you forget to say money + programmers team.

Bastab

I said actually: "The only alternative is to write your own billing, but that requires good programmers."

I know several small companies that canceled their subscription to WHMCS and then to Billmanager, but their owners are programmers themselves.

@rustelekom yes i know.

Anyway thanks

Bastab ; )

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I bought HostBill and clientexec,

I went back to WHMCS, I knew it and for the price at the moment it’s hard to beat. Under 500 clients.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

@JamesF said:
    I bought HostBill and clientexec,

I went back to WHMCS, I knew it and for the price at the moment it’s hard to beat. Under 500 clients.

You left HostBill due to price or there were other reasons?

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

@tentor - Personally there is a learning curve with HostBill. I just didn’t have the time to invest in it and didn’t want to waste my support tickets with them if that makes sense.

I also needed to migrate WHMCS over and we have a fair few clients with stored cards that needed to move over.

I have the HB license, so if push comes to shove, I will look at it again.

I also really wanted an admin theme like Lara that we use for WHMCS and an app for mobile.

Thanked by 1tentor
  • LeviLevi Member

Blesta - missing massive chunk of functionalities. No proper domain management.
    Clientexec - virtualy dead project. Development pace erratic, feature wise not even close to whmcs. Version 7.0 soon™.

Best alternative is hostbill. Feature wise it is more complete solution than whmcs.

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    Clientexec - virtualy dead project.

How is that? I get updates every few months. Last update:
    https://www.clientexec.com/download?freeTrial

• LeviLevi Member

@NetDynamics24 said:

@LTniger said:

Quickly skimming on their update list:

• Added a new setting called ‘Apply Credit Balance Automatically’. When enabled, credit will automatically be applied to outstanding invoices
    • You can now use emoji’s in knowledge base articles
    • Added the ability to import TLDs/Prices from NameCheap

This credit apply feature should be implemented like 10 years ago. Emoji's... Well, just skip that. TLD/price list import feature, ufff, well it is good to finally arrive.

Now compare it to Hostbill weekly update cycle:

https://hostbillapp.com/changelog/

Nothing bad for CE, but their product is lacking so many features that exist on WHMCS and Hostbill that you can't compare them. I would say here is better comparison:

• WHMCS vs Hostbill
    • Clientexec vs Blesta
  • @LTniger said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

@LTniger said:

Quickly skimming on their update list:

• Added a new setting called ‘Apply Credit Balance Automatically’. When enabled, credit will automatically be applied to outstanding invoices
    • You can now use emoji’s in knowledge base articles
    • Added the ability to import TLDs/Prices from NameCheap

This credit apply feature should be implemented like 10 years ago. Emoji's... Well, just skip that. TLD/price list import feature, ufff, well it is good to finally arrive.

Now compare it to Hostbill weekly update cycle:

https://hostbillapp.com/changelog/

Nothing bad for CE, but their product is lacking so many features that exist on WHMCS and Hostbill that you can't compare them. I would say here is better comparison:

• WHMCS vs Hostbill
    • Clientexec vs Blesta

Yes there's nothing come close to Hostbill in terms of features and regular updates. It's a solid choice for any company who have long term vision.

On the other hand WHMCS is cheap and have many free and paid plugins but a lot bugs and other issues.

And Clientexec and Blesta? No they are far far behind.

So if someone want a solid software and don't want to migrate soon, I'll recommend Hostbill.

Otherwise stick with WHMCS

• Hostbill is still OK, right!