Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Wireguard is so yummy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wireguard is so yummy

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

and sweet.

It just works and fast. :p

Thanked by 1velcroloom
VPN
  1. What do you think you would struggle with if Einstein didn't invent Wireguard?83 votes
    1. OpenVPN
      44.58%
    2. IKEv2/IPsec
      18.07%
    3. SSTP
        3.61%
    4. L2TP/IPSec
        1.20%
    5. PPTP
        9.64%
    6. OpenAI VPN
      22.89%

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2023

What do you think you would struggle with if Einstein didn't invent Wireguard?

PPTP

I mean, why do you even need TP if all you do is PP? Never understood it, myself.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude said:

What do you think you would struggle with if Einstein didn't invent Wireguard?

PPTP

I mean, why do you even need TP if all you do is PP? Never understood it, myself.

I guess PP is so yummy while TP is just sweet.

• gianggiang Veteran

What is OpenAI VPN anyway?

I chose it because I have no idea what it is.

@giang said:

Me neither. But you should encounter it in 0.0 years.

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 2023

When I configure a kernel for compilation I start with all kernel components disabled and enable only what I need one by one. No IPv6, no extended attributes, no drivers for hardware I don't have, etc. Definitely not a kernel-space VPN, the kernel is not the safest place to dump software into. Userspace processes have lower privileges, cgroup and memory isolation. I use Tinc as VPN for its features are what I need: absolute simplicity, easy key-pairs management, automatic host discovery and routing around unreachable nodes.

I'm gonna fart in the open air now, it's going to be equally constructive.

B)

• alt_alt_ Member

OpenAI VPN😅

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@davide said:
    No IPv6

I'm gonna fart in the open air now

We'd like to fart in your general direction.

@MannDude said:
    PPTP

@VPSCheap_net turned off my service because someone is attacking my PPTP server.

• I used to use OpenVPN before

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 2023

@yoursunny said:
    We'd like to fart in your general direction.

That might be a good idea, you never know what the flap of a butterfly's wings might cause to the opposite side of the planet. It's an indeterministic particle simulation problem.

• LeviLevi Member

Wireguard is sweat, but openvpn has more features for enterprise.

Thanked by 2yongsiklee nick_
  • kye04kye04 Member

I love it.
    And what i love most , ProtonVpn .
    Its the only vpn provider i found that gives you free vpn for life. The only "restriction" is that free vpn servers are located in Netherland for Europe, US for america, Japan for Asia. What is amazing is that you can config and download the files and setup a router with them. I my test i have 290mbps both upload and download . I have paid accounts for purevpn ( their wireguard config file expires after 30min ) and Nordvpn ( they dont provide wireguard config files ).

• @kye04 said:
    I love it.
    And what i love most , ProtonVpn .
    Its the only vpn provider i found that gives you free vpn for life. The only "restriction" is that free vpn servers are located in Netherland for Europe, US for america, Japan for Asia. What is amazing is that you can config and download the files and setup a router with them. I my test i have 290mbps both upload and download . I have paid accounts for purevpn ( their wireguard config file expires after 30min ) and Nordvpn ( they dont provide wireguard config files ).

You can extract WireGuard config files from NordLynx if you really wanted to. For example: https://github.com/sfiorini/NordVPN-Wireguard

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@giang said:

OpenAI VPN is great software which detect if you are obsessed with network usage and use auto intelligence to offline you 😂😂😂

Thanked by 2giang yongsiklee
    edited April 2023

@alt_ said:
    OpenAI VPN😅

So I asked:

Can you imagine if you can build or recommend faster and more efficient vpn product?

"As an AI language model, I do not have the capability to build or recommend a specific product. However, I can provide some general insights into what makes a VPN faster and more efficient.

One of the key factors that can impact the speed and efficiency of a VPN is the encryption protocol used. While strong encryption is necessary to protect the security of the VPN connection, it can also add overhead and reduce performance. Therefore, choosing a VPN that uses a modern and efficient encryption protocol, such as WireGuard, can help to improve speed and efficiency.

Another factor that can impact the performance of a VPN is the server infrastructure. VPNs that have a larger and more distributed server network are typically able to provide faster and more stable connections. Additionally, VPNs that use advanced network routing techniques, such as multi-hop routing, can help to further improve performance and security.

Overall, when selecting a VPN, it's important to consider factors such as encryption, server infrastructure, and network routing techniques to ensure that you are getting the best possible speed and efficiency."

And I replied:

What do you think is then faster than wireguard

"WireGuard is known for its fast performance, low overhead, and efficient implementation. In fact, it is often considered to be one of the fastest and most efficient VPN protocols available today.

However, there is no single VPN protocol that is universally the fastest in all circumstances. The speed and efficiency of a VPN depend on many factors, including the quality of the underlying network, the distance between the client and server, and the amount of traffic on the network.

That being said, there are other VPN protocols that can provide comparable or even faster performance than WireGuard in certain situations. For example, some users have reported faster speeds with protocols like OpenVPN or SoftEther VPN, particularly in situations where the connection needs to traverse longer distances or networks with high latency.

Ultimately, the choice of VPN protocol will depend on your specific needs and requirements. It's always a good idea to test different protocols to see which one works best for your particular use case."

I again re-asked:

What sets difference between wireguard and other vpn protocols

"There are several key differences between WireGuard and other VPN protocols, which contribute to its unique advantages:

Simplicity: WireGuard is designed to be simple and easy to use, with fewer lines of code than many other VPN protocols. This simplicity makes it more efficient and easier to audit for security vulnerabilities.

Speed: WireGuard is known for its fast performance, thanks to its streamlined design and modern cryptographic algorithms. This means that it can provide faster and more responsive connections than some other VPN protocols.

Security: WireGuard uses state-of-the-art cryptographic algorithms and is designed to be secure by default. It employs the latest techniques in cryptography to ensure that data is encrypted and protected against interception or tampering.

Efficiency: WireGuard is designed to be efficient in its use of system resources, making it ideal for low-powered devices or resource-constrained environments.

Cross-platform support: WireGuard is supported on a wide range of platforms, including Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. This makes it easy to use on a variety of devices and operating systems.

Overall, WireGuard's simplicity, speed, security, efficiency, and cross-platform support make it a compelling choice for many users and organizations looking for a fast, modern, and secure VPN protocol."