Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

phpfriends alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

phpfriends alternative?

edited April 2023 in Requests

I hate even considering this since phpfriends have been so great to me. And to be honest, I'm not sure if anyone can match this, given how good it is.

Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 / v4, 2 dedicated CPU
Nested Virt
12 GB DDR4-ECC-RAM
160 GB SSD
5TB @ 1G
€ 60,45/6 months (€10,08/month)
$66.21/6 months ($11.05/month)

Is there any comparable services to this offer that might be cheaper and just as reliable? Billing terms don't matter nor do the specific currency. Location isn't important as this is in Germany. Somewhere with "decent" connectivity to the US would be preferred, but this is intended to be more of a workhorse VM for workloads.

Comments

• When it comes to dedicated cores it is a toss up between them and Netcup, and they have the nested virt advantage which Netcup doesn't offer.

The newer offerings come with Epyc cores for the same or lower price so why not stick with them?

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • @k9banger02 said:
    When it comes to dedicated cores it is a toss up between them and Netcup, and they have the nested virt advantage which Netcup doesn't offer.

The newer offerings come with Epyc cores for the same or lower price so why not stick with them?

You're right on that. I'm in between two plans for their new Epic offering, however with removal of VAT:

vServer M SSD G3 AMD (AMD EPYC 7452, 4 dedicated CPU cores, 20 GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 160 GB NVMe memory, 1 GBit/s connection, free DDoS protection) - minimum contract period: 12 months
    1 x €14.28 per month

It's more expensive, but I am consolidating a server from Hetzner, which I can absorb that increase and get better performance. To even doubt the reliability of the service is a nonstarter

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

Happy to offer same spec in USA locations if you're interested! :)

• @daxterfellowes maybe talk directly to the guys from @PHP_Friends or @Avoro

• @daxterfellowes said: Location isn't important as this is in Germany.

Why?

Somewhere with "decent" connectivity to the US would be preferred,

Why not US location?

• PHP-Friends/Avoro has a great connectivity and are flexible, been customer of them and I'm happy what issue you had with them? I guess it can be talkable since they are responsive and professional

• @hyena56 said:
    PHP-Friends/Avoro has a great connectivity and are flexible, been customer of them and I'm happy what issue you had with them? I guess it can be talkable since they are responsive and professional

confirmed!

• @EthanZou said:

@daxterfellowes said: Location isn't important as this is in Germany.

Why?

Somewhere with "decent" connectivity to the US would be preferred,

Why not US location?

Maybe worded poorly. Location is not intrinsically important.

@hyena56 said:
    PHP-Friends/Avoro has a great connectivity and are flexible, been customer of them and I'm happy what issue you had with them? I guess it can be talkable since they are responsive and professional

Zero issues. Solely a monetary drive. But the more I evaluate it, the more I'm learning towards the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" because of phpfriend's reliability.

• PHP-Friends alternatives:

• Python-Friends
    • Perl-Friends
    • Ruby-Friends
    • NodeJS-Friends
    • Lisp-Friends
    • Prolog-Friends
    • C-Friends
    • C++-Friends
    • C#-Friends
    • Visual Basic-Friends
    • Java-Friends
    • JavaScript-Friends
    • Delphi-Friends
    • Cobol-Friends
    • Kotlin-Friends
    • Rust-Friends
  • ehabehab Member

or

no-Friends at all.

Thanked by 2hyperblast Mumbly
  • @daxterfellowes said: Location is not intrinsically important.

What's your use case?

• @EthanZou said:

@daxterfellowes said: Location is not intrinsically important.

What's your use case?

It is just an additional node in my K8 cluster that generally runs workloads that need more power (like RAM primarily) and or require consistent uptime where other hosts in my node either from my doing or their doing does not have the strongest uptime.

• @Hotmarer said:
    PHP-Friends alternatives:

• Python-Friends
    • Perl-Friends
    • Ruby-Friends
    • NodeJS-Friends
    • Lisp-Friends
    • Prolog-Friends
    • C-Friends
    • C++-Friends
    • C#-Friends
    • Visual Basic-Friends