Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racknerd reseller hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Racknerd reseller hosting

Anyone using it ?? What's your reviews??

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Moving to General category

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi @kyraweb -- Appreciate your interest in our reseller hosting services :) Our reseller hosting deals are quite unique and attractive, and I'd say we are one of the few here that are still offering cPanel/WHM based resellers at a very aggressive value. A lot have pivoted to alternative control panels since the cPanel licensing price increase, while on the other hand, we've been able to find a perfect balance and continue to offer cPanel based shared and reseller hosting services, to this day!

We find that this allows our resellers to expand their target market as well - the time tested truth is that end-users (especially the non tech savvy folks) are most familiar with cPanel, and it's difficult for them to adapt to change. We believe that enabling our resellers to be successful is one of the reasons why we are a success, which is why we empower them with the best tools possible for them to leverage. I am sure that with time, community members here on LET will contribute their experience with our reseller hosting services, but one person that comes to mind is @JasonM, who has been quite vocal with the community with regards to his experience with our reseller hosting services in the past (and has expanded to multiple locations/resellers with us over the course of a few years).

Most of our resellers find great success in utilizing our services, it's a very low-churn product line of ours because of all the features that we include with it, such as LiteSpeed Web Server, LSCache, 30 day retention backups powered by JetBackup V5 and Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage, etc etc. We also provide a FREE Clientexec license (which is a great WHMCS alternative) that you can use to automate your web hosting business with your RackNerd reseller account.

An exciting project we're working on internally is that we're ramping up our content and taking a new approach to RackNerdTV, coming soon will be a full course on how to start a web hosting business - including how to set up a full blown website and automation with Clientexec + a RackNerd reseller account powered by cPanel/WHM. Stay tuned and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified when this is released: https://youtube.com/RackNerdTV

We hope to work with you soon and look forward to growing together. Thank You again for considering us and for the opportunity.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Using for several months. Good enough. Only strange thing is there client panel login take several minutes to load after submitting each time.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited April 2023

Great so far at their France location - low load avg, cpu a fair bit newer than usual E5v2, responsive support, good mail delivery, more disk space than competitors

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

@darkimmortal said:
    Great so far at their France location - low load avg, cpu a fair bit newer than usual E5v2, responsive support, good mail delivery, more disk space than competitors

Their new server has be faster CPUs. Their older shared servers never used E5s, they used E3s.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@bdspice said:
    Using for several months. Good enough. Only strange thing is there client panel login take several minutes to load after submitting each time.

Hi @bdspice -- happy to hear that things have overall been smooth sailing! With regards to the login taking several minutes, we haven't heard any other clients report that type of issue, so it's quite unique - the login process should be seamless and quick. Alternatively, if your website is not behind Cloduflare, you can always just put /cpanel or /whm at the end of your website URL in order to access cPanel/WHM directly. Or by serverhostname:2083 (for cPanel) and serverhostname:2087 (for WHM). That will take you directly to the cPanel/WHM login interface directly and from there you can log in with your appropriate username and password.

If you have any specific issue, or if you can't load your website at all despite the server being up, you may want to check our firewall IP unblocker tool (or contact our support team) to see if your IP has been blocked by the Firewall for any reason. https://blog.racknerd.com/introducing-new-firewall-unblocker-feature-for-shared-reseller-hosting-clients/

• emghemgh Member

@dustinc said: the time tested truth is that end-users (especially the non tech savvy folks) are most familiar with cPanel, and it's difficult for them to adapt to change

or it's just that DA is about 25 % as good

honestly you're right too, but the alternatives just isn't remotely as good

Thanked by 1dustinc

@darkimmortal said:

Hi @darkimmortal -- Thank You for your business and for sharing your experience with the community :)

Glad to hear our reseller hosting services have been working well for you, and it's also reaffirming to hear that you've had a fantastic experience with our support team. On the topic of customer support, we've been making great strides in growing our support & operations teams recently, not only with growing our team, but also refining our internal processes and procedures, alongside with better internal documentation. We recently started collecting data for a NPS survey (Net Promoter Score) and we're so far achieving an excellent score, which we are extremely proud of our team for. We'll continue putting in the hard work every day for our customers, and you can always count on us being here to help (with an average ticket response time of just 10 minutes) should you ever need any assistance.

Thank You for your business and we look forward to working together for many more years to come.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
    edited April 2023

@bruh21 said:

@darkimmortal said:

Their new server has be faster CPUs. Their older shared servers never used E5s, they used E3s.

Hi @bruh21 -- that is correct, our shared/reseller platform has always been based on higher frequency platforms for our shared & reseller hosting nodes and this includes E3 series as well as E-2xxx series processors. This is done to leverage the high clockspeeds and single threaded performance this type of Xeon series have to offer, in addition, you will probably notice the reseller hosting providers that use other CPU's such as Dual E5's pack thousands of accounts per physical server. We take a different approach to shared/reseller hosting, and put significantly less accounts per physical server, to provide better segregation, more diversity, and faster load times.

In addition, we optimize our servers with LiteSpeed Web Server w/ LSCache to greatly improve load times, in addition to leveraging CloudLinux for maximum performance. We have quite a bit of physical servers available, and for those looking to order multiple accounts, we can certainly accommodate putting each account on a different physical server for additional redundancy and server diversity.

@emgh said:

@dustinc said: the time tested truth is that end-users (especially the non tech savvy folks) are most familiar with cPanel, and it's difficult for them to adapt to change

or it's just that DA is about 25 % as good

honestly you're right too, but the alternatives just isn't remotely as good

Hi @emgh -- I have faith that DirectAdmin will improve over time, no doubt it is already good enough for those who are cost-conscious and want something that works for the purpose of website control panel management. I did notice they have been making refinements/improvements as well, so can't fault them there.

The reality is, cPanel for sure is king in terms of awareness, and recognition. Many end-users building/hosting websites have used cPanel at some point or another and have familiarity with it. DirectAdmin will have a learning curve to it for many, and while it may make sense to all of us here in terms of functionality, that may not be the case for a lot of those end-users (i.e. customers of customers). End-users are familiar and comfortable with what they've worked with for many years, and while we may not all agree with their pricing structure changes throughout the past few years, the reality is, cPanel still remains king and the largest control panel market player. This is not to say that we won't offer or consider alternatives down the road (if there is demand and if the market is pivoting that way), but at this point in time and for the foreseeable future, we anticipate cPanel continuing to remain the preferred control panel for most end users, and ultimately we want to enable our resellers to be successful in capturing more market share. On the topic of interest/market demand, to be fully transparent, we have observed extremely low interest in pre-sales inquiries where people even request DirectAdmin resellers. A lot turn to us because of the fact we are leveraging cPanel/WHM, alongside with providing an overall excellent value with tons of features. We truly believe this is a win-win situation for everyone (allows our resellers to grow, and as such allow us to grow and scale this product line quickly) :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@dustinc I like competition but the design is awful, the annoying AJAX loading is too, the UX is not good either, finding stuff is a mess and takes a lot of time.

With DirectAdmin you have to hover, search etc etc - with cPanel you just click.

Even after using it (or trying to) for awhile these are my thoughts.

I’m not doubting it’s better compared to what it was, but they don’t have cPanel resources and I, at least, find that obvious looking at the final software.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • RFordRFord Member

I have the 100Gb reseller package in LA. Previously I had the 20Gb offer. In all I've had reseller with RackNerd for 18 months and with no complaints. I've had VPSes for a number of years but still like reseller for a couple of things.

Wordpress, password protected areas and stats are easier on reseller (in my non-expert experience anyway!) and the email for my domains goes through the RackNerd reseller service. I haven't had any issues with email I've sent not getting through. Previously I used the MXRoute service via NexusBytes. But I prefer the RackNerd cPanel experience when checking email on my mobile phone.

One thing I would change is the pop up chat widget that appears even when you're in the RackNerd client area. I hate those damn things :D

But I wouldn't hesitate to sign up. The offers are amazing value for money.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@emgh said:
    @dustinc I like competition but the design is awful, the annoying AJAX loading is too, the UX is not good either, finding stuff is a mess and takes a lot of time.

With DirectAdmin you have to hover, search etc etc - with cPanel you just click.

Even after using it (or trying to) for awhile these are my thoughts.

I’m not doubting it’s better compared to what it was, but they don’t have cPanel resources and I, at least, find that obvious looking at the final software.

@emgh -- Can't say you're alone there (based on other conversations we've had with other customers who moved over to us from DA-based providers), but as you said, it is definitely better than what it used to be, and it is an ongoing effort on their side to improve, so I am proud of them for that. Like you said, more competition in the control panel space is always a good thing and ultimately benefits the end user, so I'm eager to see what additional developments or features they (and others) may have in store for the future :)

Thanked by 1emgh

@RFord said:
    I have the 100Gb reseller package in LA. Previously I had the 20Gb offer. In all I've had reseller with RackNerd for 18 months and with no complaints. I've had VPSes for a number of years but still like reseller for a couple of things.

Wordpress, password protected areas and stats are easier on reseller (in my non-expert experience anyway!) and the email for my domains goes through the RackNerd reseller service. I haven't had any issues with email I've sent not getting through. Previously I used the MXRoute service via NexusBytes. But I prefer the RackNerd cPanel experience when checking email on my mobile phone.

One thing I would change is the pop up chat widget that appears even when you're in the RackNerd client area. I hate those damn things :D

But I wouldn't hesitate to sign up. The offers are amazing value for money.

Hi @RFord -- wow, time flies! Thank You for being our valued customer for a year and a half, we look forward to many more together 👊

Happy to hear you're taking advantage of the features we have to offer and that you're finding our services to be a good value. If you ever need anything from my side, feel free to reach out directly: [email protected] :)

• @dustinc said:
    Hi @kyraweb -- Appreciate your interest in our reseller hosting services :) Our reseller hosting deals are quite unique and attractive, and I'd say we are one of the few here that are still offering cPanel/WHM based resellers at a very aggressive value. A lot have pivoted to alternative control panels since the cPanel licensing price increase, while on the other hand, we've been able to find a perfect balance and continue to offer cPanel based shared and reseller hosting services, to this day!

We find that this allows our resellers to expand their target market as well - the time tested truth is that end-users (especially the non tech savvy folks) are most familiar with cPanel, and it's difficult for them to adapt to change. We believe that enabling our resellers to be successful is one of the reasons why we are a success, which is why we empower them with the best tools possible for them to leverage. I am sure that with time, community members here on LET will contribute their experience with our reseller hosting services, but one person that comes to mind is @JasonM, who has been quite vocal with the community with regards to his experience with our reseller hosting services in the past (and has expanded to multiple locations/resellers with us over the course of a few years).

Most of our resellers find great success in utilizing our services, it's a very low-churn product line of ours because of all the features that we include with it, such as LiteSpeed Web Server, LSCache, 30 day retention backups powered by JetBackup V5 and Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage, etc etc. We also provide a FREE Clientexec license (which is a great WHMCS alternative) that you can use to automate your web hosting business with your RackNerd reseller account.

An exciting project we're working on internally is that we're ramping up our content and taking a new approach to RackNerdTV, coming soon will be a full course on how to start a web hosting business - including how to set up a full blown website and automation with Clientexec + a RackNerd reseller account powered by cPanel/WHM. Stay tuned and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified when this is released: https://youtube.com/RackNerdTV

We hope to work with you soon and look forward to growing together. Thank You again for considering us and for the opportunity.

Thanks @dustinc , would surely love to give you guys a try. I have few other questions. What would be the best way to get in touch with your team ? Just questions regarding security and migration and domain reseller.

@kyraweb said:

@dustinc said:

Thanks @dustinc , would surely love to give you guys a try. I have few other questions. What would be the best way to get in touch with your team ? Just questions regarding security and migration and domain reseller.

Hi @kyraweb -- the best way to reach our team is via support ticket, however, feel free to send me a DM on here or email me at [email protected], I'll be more than happy to personally help out as well 👊

Thank You!

• @dustinc said:

@bdspice said:
    Using for several months. Good enough. Only strange thing is there client panel login take several minutes to load after submitting each time.

Hi @bdspice -- happy to hear that things have overall been smooth sailing! With regards to the login taking several minutes, we haven't heard any other clients report that type of issue, so it's quite unique - the login process should be seamless and quick. Alternatively, if your website is not behind Cloduflare, you can always just put /cpanel or /whm at the end of your website URL in order to access cPanel/WHM directly. Or by serverhostname:2083 (for cPanel) and serverhostname:2087 (for WHM). That will take you directly to the cPanel/WHM login interface directly and from there you can log in with your appropriate username and password.

If you have any specific issue, or if you can't load your website at all despite the server being up, you may want to check our firewall IP unblocker tool (or contact our support team) to see if your IP has been blocked by the Firewall for any reason. https://blog.racknerd.com/introducing-new-firewall-unblocker-feature-for-shared-reseller-hosting-clients/

I am talking about your client page, this https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/login
    Only taking time to load on this page when user details submitted.

• @dustinc thanks for tagging
    @kyraweb racknerd's reseller hosting is quite premium and generous in terms of web space, bandwidth, cloudlinux limits and more important is disk I/O. I've account for my clients in their LA, USA server and it is rock solid since day one. Its been like 2 years now (this blackfriday) and never had any complaints about nor any technical issues. The LA nodes are hosted with Multacom and have great uptime, and the new nodes are with Velia in Miami, and also in Europe. I'm thinking to expand my reseller hosting by adding Racknerd's EU (france or germany) location as many of my clients want EU location too.

The main part of any hosting is reliability and support. Well, RackNerd's reseller hosting is damn reliable and gives premium performance for quite affordable price. With 99.99% uptime on my node and CPU loads are also within its normal range. That is it's not oversold for sure.

Racknerd also offers jetbackup that are ACTIVELY taken daily backups. I'm pointing this out because, I've hosting account with at least 5 other LET web hosts and two of them just failed (their cPanel / DA failed connection) to take backups for 10-15 days in a row, and the host was not even aware that the function failed. But at Racknerd I login to cPanel almost after every 3-4 days and never saw jetbackup down or broken. So yes, you get daily backups.

Support is 10/10 and is quick. Frankly, speaking I needed support only four times two years. Once I wanted to move from mysql node to mariadb node since my client had mariadb wordpress site need to be transferred to Racknerd. The support guys migrated my account withing half an hour after opening ticket. Other time, i need to fix the PHP issue. The cPanel has a bit confusing PHP, its cPanel's own PHP and cloudlinux PHP, and if a users messes with it, then they've to contact their host to fix it. And I always think cPanel should keep only single php selector function. But Racknerd support technician fixed it for me within 10 minutes. And the last time I had message them was about Softaculous wordpress cookie issue, that was an isolated issue related to my browser cookies. That too was sorted out quickly. And once I had complained about CPU load going beyond threshold. That time Dustin checked it and it was sorted out within a day!

What's important here is Dustin, the owner of Racknerd, is always here to help you. Whether it could be migrations, or upgradation or even some technical issue that you expect a fast action. You can open a ticket at rackenrd and share the ticket id with Dustin via LET message or even email him. He is quick to start working on your issue.

So in short, its tension-free hosting, cheap on pocket, and performance wise quite good.
    You should definitely give them a try. :)

Thanked by 2darkimmortal dustinc

@bdspice said:

@dustinc said:

@bdspice said:

I am talking about your client page, this https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/login
    Only taking time to load on this page when user details submitted.

Hi @bdspice — Oh interesting, so our own site is loading slow for you, or is it when clicking the portal feature that redirects you to access cPanel? Either way, I'm open to helping and as well as doing my best to replicate (and or if you have a screen recording of the issue you can send that directly to me). I do appreciate your reply, as we are eager to enhancing each and every experience. Please be sure to send me an email: [email protected] — I usually reply fast :)

@JasonM said:
    @dustinc thanks for tagging
    @kyraweb racknerd's reseller hosting is quite premium and generous in terms of web space, bandwidth, cloudlinux limits and more important is disk I/O. I've account for my clients in their LA, USA server and it is rock solid since day one. Its been like 2 years now (this blackfriday) and never had any complaints about nor any technical issues. The LA nodes are hosted with Multacom and have great uptime, and the new nodes are with Velia in Miami, and also in Europe. I'm thinking to expand my reseller hosting by adding Racknerd's EU (france or germany) location as many of my clients want EU location too.

The main part of any hosting is reliability and support. Well, RackNerd's reseller hosting is damn reliable and gives premium performance for quite affordable price. With 99.99% uptime on my node and CPU loads are also within its normal range. That is it's not oversold for sure.

Racknerd also offers jetbackup that are ACTIVELY taken daily backups. I'm pointing this out because, I've hosting account with at least 5 other LET web hosts and two of them just failed (their cPanel / DA failed connection) to take backups for 10-15 days in a row, and the host was not even aware that the function failed. But at Racknerd I login to cPanel almost after every 3-4 days and never saw jetbackup down or broken. So yes, you get daily backups.

Support is 10/10 and is quick. Frankly, speaking I needed support only four times two years. Once I wanted to move from mysql node to mariadb node since my client had mariadb wordpress site need to be transferred to Racknerd. The support guys migrated my account withing half an hour after opening ticket. Other time, i need to fix the PHP issue. The cPanel has a bit confusing PHP, its cPanel's own PHP and cloudlinux PHP, and if a users messes with it, then they've to contact their host to fix it. And I always think cPanel should keep only single php selector function. But Racknerd support technician fixed it for me within 10 minutes. And the last time I had message them was about Softaculous wordpress cookie issue, that was an isolated issue related to my browser cookies. That too was sorted out quickly. And once I had complained about CPU load going beyond threshold. That time Dustin checked it and it was sorted out within a day!

What's important here is Dustin, the owner of Racknerd, is always here to help you. Whether it could be migrations, or upgradation or even some technical issue that you expect a fast action. You can open a ticket at rackenrd and share the ticket id with Dustin via LET message or even email him. He is quick to start working on your issue.

So in short, its tension-free hosting, cheap on pocket, and performance wise quite good.
    You should definitely give them a try. :)

Hi @JasonM — Thank You for such a detailed review about our services :) Happy to hear that you’ve found our LVE resource allocations to be generous and useful for your needs.

I also greatly appreciate you recognizing and acknowledging our customer support, this is definitely encouraging to hear, because our support department is something we have always put great emphasis on from day one. I personally am very involved as well in our operations, and work closely with the team in the background to ensure we continue to deliver the excellent service that our customers have come to know and expect from us. A recent/larger internal project of ours has been hiring on more people to support our growth, we’ve scaled our support team significantly this year, and besides that, we’re also further refining our internal processes and procedures as we continue to scale. You can count on us being here to help, whenever you may need it.

Overall, I’m really glad to see you’ve been happy with the performance and reliability that we have to provide, so thank you again for sharing this feedback 👊

If you ever need anything down the road, feel free to reach out at any time.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • suutsuut Member

I have used Racknerd hosting. They use cPanel. The price is relatively cheap.
    Racknerd's service is very good, and the hosting is also very stable. If there is any problem, they always reply very quickly and solve it.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@suut said:
    I have used Racknerd hosting. They use cPanel. The price is relatively cheap.
    Racknerd's service is very good, and the hosting is also very stable. If there is any problem, they always reply very quickly and solve it.

Hi @suut -- Thank You for being our valued customer over the years, we sincerely appreciate your business :)

Happy to hear that you've found our services to be stable and reliable, appreciate you sharing your experience. If you ever need anything, just let us know.

• It had slow and MySQL problems when I got it, but now it is all set.
    Downtime every few days, but no longer than 10 minutes, the latest 30 days uptime is 99.98%.
    Hope I can enable the "Terminal" feature on all accounts.

@hiphiphip0 said:
    It had slow and MySQL problems when I got it, but now it is all set.
    Downtime every few days, but no longer than 10 minutes, the latest 30 days uptime is 99.98%.
    Hope I can enable the "Terminal" feature on all accounts.

Hi @hiphiphip0 -- Glad to hear we were able to work through the initial hiccups and happy to hear all is well, if you're still having any outstanding issues (or if you ever just wish to chat), feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I'll be happy to take a look at things.

P.S. We can definitely enable jailed shell access for cPanel accounts on our shared/reseller hosting platform (including for your sub-accounts if you are a reseller) upon request on a case by case basis. There is no charge for this, just open a ticket to request it.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • im using for 2 years in Los Angeles, Always receive great support and great uptime
    server are running well with just 1 hour downtime for 1 year, if you need it for reach good customer, their reseller are recomended choice. but the disvantages of their reseller are you didnt have choice to upgrade your users account ram,cpu and io. Maybe next time they will make it

Thanked by 1dustinc

@hezekiahshare said:
    im using for 2 years in Los Angeles, Always receive great support and great uptime
    server are running well with just 1 hour downtime for 1 year, if you need it for reach good customer, their reseller are recomended choice. but the disvantages of their reseller are you didnt have choice to upgrade your users account ram,cpu and io. Maybe next time they will make it

Hi @hezekiahshare -- Thank You so much for sharing your experience, and for being our valued customer over the course of a couple years. We greatly appreciate your business. We look forward to many more years of working together 👊

On the subject of LVE resource allotments, we believe that the CloudLinux LVE resource allocations we provide are quite generous (compared to a majority of providers in the shared hosting space), and generally speaking, if you find your website consuming more resources than this on a consistent basis, it may be time to consider isolating/migrating that website off to a VPS or dedicated server environment (as it would have been heading towards the direction of outgrowing a shared environment).

Also, as a tip - if you have multiple websites, you could order a reseller account and isolate each website (as an example) to its own cPanel account, that way each website can leverage the separate LVE allocation limits, since the LVE allotments are on a per-cPanel account basis. For example, if you have a reseller account that allows the creation of 20 sub-accounts, each of those 20 sub-accounts that you create would have their own LVE allotments as described below:

CloudLinux LVE Settings (per cPanel account):

CPU - 100%
    I/O Limit - 80 MB/s
    IOPS Limit - 15,000
    Physical Memory Limit - 1GB
    EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit - 200
    NPROC Limit - 220
    INODE Limit - No limit

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited April 2023

Using them from quite sometime now, more than couple of years. It has been pretty stable at multiple locations for me and features are not limited as well.