Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GINERNET] New servers platform in Madrid
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GINERNET] New servers platform in Madrid

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Dear LEB & LET users, I'm pleased to announce the launch of our new infrastructure in Madrid, Interxion, which is possibly the most advanced datacenter in Spain.

We took some months analyzing the options for implementing this new platform, at the end, after almost analyze all suppliers they had presence in this location we opted for the service provided by Comvive, an ISP with over 10 years in the market and that gives us the hardware-level support with "in-situ" repair in case of breakage of any component of the servers and the Internet connectivity where provides us direct connection to Espanix (we have direct peering with Google!!! ).

Already there are several services that we operate in this new location about 1 month ago and we can assure you that we are very pleased with the new platform. We have migrated our internal services, shared hosting service and Managed VPS.

In order to continue to enjoy a excellent service in Madrid, we will limit the use of the service depending on the type of content you are going to host, thus in NOT PERMITTED in Madrid location:

• Game Servers
  • IRC servers
  • Camfrog servers

If you're interested in hosting one of these services, we will install your VPS in our Barcelona platform which will continue to maintain to host any type of content.

The reason for limiting the hosting services in Madrid that are especially likely to receive services DDoS attacks. Thus, dividing the VPS depending on the type of use will achieve greater stability and performance.

SERVICE TYPE MADRID - Interxion BARCELONA - iDataGreen
Webhosting / Email Allowed Allowed
SSH / Proxy / VPN Allowed Allowed
VoIP / TS3 Allowed Allowed
Radio / Video / Streaming Allowed Allowed
Torrent / P2P Allowed Allowed
IRC NOT Allowed Allowed
Camfrog NOT Allowed Allowed
GameServers NOT Allowed Allowed

We hope this new platform will be of your interest. From GINERNET, we highly recommend Madrid location as the ideal for WebHosting, the fact that we have direct peering with Google in Espanix makes less time in the indexing process by the search engine.

Looking Glass GINERNET

GINERNET 25% lifetime discount

Comments

• only 2GB space ? good luck

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@lelewku said:
    only 2GB space ? good luck

0.5 €/GB SSD is not expensive...
    Not cheap? I think also is cheap.

• @jmginer said:
    Not cheap? I think also is cheap.

ah i didnt see that since its in espanol, gracias senor.

• What is "Tramitación @ 4.00%: 0.40EUR" ?

• Its probably credit card fees

Thanked by 1jmginer

@MuZo said:
    What is "Tramitación @ 4.00%: 0.40EUR" ?

Transaction fee.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@MuZo said:
    What is "Tramitación @ 4.00%: 0.40EUR" ?

Tramitación is translated as "handling" from Spanish. So the PayPal fees, I suppose.

Please also note that although not directly associated with Giner, the upstream in Barcelona, Xtudio Networks, is known for DDoSing in response to criticism and just a few days ago they attacked my infrastructure at Prometeus for criticizing them on my personal account in a social network.

There is audio proof (in Spanish) of one of the founders recognizing that not him, but some of the current owners did DDoS me in retaliation. He later threatened me for publishing the audio proof.

EDIT: just to be clear, the offers at Comvive are pretty awesome being in Spain and they are at a place which is as good as you can get in this country.

• the "Torrent Allowed" make me shock. I was looking for that, however some of the specification doesnt meet. First BW, 2nd Too high spec for the min BW i need and also the third one was the price for the min BW i need. I would love like if i can have a custom one. Thank you

@iSky said:
    the "Torrent Allowed" make me shock. I was looking for that, however some of the specification doesnt meet. First BW, 2nd Too high spec for the min BW i need and also the third one was the price for the min BW i need. I would love like if i can have a custom one. Thank you

Sorry, we can't provide a better BW offer: 1TB = 10 €/month

• @jmginer It would be good if you can make an English translation of your website.

@Andy said:
    jmginer It would be good if you can make an English translation of your website.

Yes, pending task...

• I would stay away from this company. Their service is terrible and the VPS feels extremely oversold. I've had a ticket open for over a month now with no response.

edited December 2013

grillmaster said: and the VPS feels extremely oversold.

Fake afirmation. Any of our nodes is under 50% of CPU usage.
    Ticket number?

• divad2835divad2835 Member
    edited December 2013

Well its quite sad that companies like this one try to represent Spanish business. I got one of their VPS when they offered it 4 months ago here in LEB, and it was just burnt money. VPS was down 24/7, they blamed people DDosing them and my VPS was freaking slow.

I'm sorry Giner, but you have a long road to travel, your business is not even close to the word "business". Its just a project trying to become something, but you havent reached it yet.

Maybe I'll try again any of your servers, good luck.

@divad2835 said:
    Well its quite sad that companies like this one try to represent Spanish business. I got one of their VPS when they offered it 4 months ago here in LEB, and it was just burnt money. VPS was down 24/7, they blamed people DDosing them and my VPS was freaking slow.

I'm sorry Giner, but you have a long road to travel, your business is not even close to the word "business". Its just a project trying to become something, but you havent reached it yet.

Maybe I'll try again any of your servers, good luck.

Feel free to let me to know your incident ticket number and I will provide you 1 month for no-cost.