Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mullvad API - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mullvad API

2»

Comments

• @stefeman said:
    Could be this too:

https://blog.torproject.org/releasing-mullvad-browser/

Suddenly tons of free users.

Mullvad browser does not give you access to their VPN service for free.

• You guys like IVPN or Mullvad better?

• kaitkait Member

@NewbieInTraining said: You guys like IVPN or Mullvad better?

Both good, iVPN more premium but less servers (which is a good thing).

• @kait said: which is a good thing

Not in my opinion.
    I prefer to have a wide selections of servers and different ISP's due to my routing issues. I also tend to use one server country the most - si I would highly appreciate if they had many servers in that country, so from time to time my public IP appears different.

• kaitkait Member

@treesmokah said: Not in my opinion.

I prefer to have a wide selections of servers and different ISP's due to my routing issues. I also tend to use one server country the most - si I would highly appreciate if they had many servers in that country, so from time to time my public IP appears different.

Yes More servers is nice but if you are the only one using a specific server its easier to do correlations and stuff. You need a healthy balance.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

small update, most API functionality(like am.i.mullvad) is back however you are still unable to re-generate keys which pisses me off personally.

their support person stopped communicating(likely a lot of work, but who knows).
    i have used mullvad for many years now, but this truly sucks. i hope they are OK and its not pigs who caused this shitshow.

latest mullvad app updates made keys re-generate after 14 days(not initial 5/7). their latest iOS update removed ability to regenerate keys entirely(they did it with desktop some time ago as well, but you were able to use CLI to re-generate them).
    they appear to steadily remove things i personally care about.

edit;
    the apparent reason for increasing key-rotation interval was stress directed at API servers - which sounds reasonable, however API behaved just fine back when they gave out tens of thousands keys for free to Russians back when war started. so they either had insane influx of new users now(it has nothing to do with the "browser" release) or its an intentional attack.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

@jar said:
    Smells like pigs

You were right, sorta, cause it was 2 days ago lol
    https://mullvad.net/en/blog/2023/4/20/mullvad-vpn-was-subject-to-a-search-warrant-customer-data-not-compromised/

Maybe there is something we don't know, or they seen it coming and shut down their api or some shit.

Thanked by 1jar