Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud Deleted my account and didn't give me a refund
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud Deleted my account and didn't give me a refund

I swear that I first tried to use the ovh service for the first time. A few days ago, I registered my account for the first time and paid for an order with a credit card. The service did not start. I received a 48 hour review notice. After 48 hours, I found that my account could not be logged in. Who knows what I should do? As a last resort, I re registered my account with Ovh and issued a consultation work order, but they didn't seem to care and didn't respond

Comments

• titaniumboytitaniumboy Member
    edited April 2023

I heard similar things about them. Their support is quite slow. However, this is weekend so they might not be responding. Try waiting for a more 48 hour.
    or maybe @OVH_APAC can help?

Also, this thread shouldn't be in Outages section.

• @titaniumboy said:
    I heard similar things about them. Their support is quite slow. However, this is weekend so they might not be responding. Try waiting for a more 48 hour.
    or maybe @OVH_APAC can help?

Also, this thread shouldn't be in Outages section.

Actually, many days have passed

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@newlan said: Actually, many days have passed

You need to be patient

It's very unlikely that OVH will keep your money if they didn't give you a service

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@newlan said:
    I swear that I first tried to use the ovh service for the first time. A few days ago, I registered my account for the first time and paid for an order with a credit card. The service did not start. I received a 48 hour review notice. After 48 hours, I found that my account could not be logged in. Who knows what I should do? As a last resort, I re registered my account with Ovh and issued a consultation work order, but they didn't seem to care and didn't respond

OVH usually doesn't bill you in advance if I recall correctly, instead they do an authorization. If your order doesn't get approved, the authorization drops after a week or so.

• have to> @Advin said:

@newlan said:

OVH usually doesn't bill you in advance if I recall correctly, instead they do an authorization. If your order doesn't get approved, the authorization drops after a week or so.

I registered and paid the order on the official website of Ovh. About a week ago, so far, I have tried many ways to communicate with them, but there has been no response. My payment has not been canceled, so I am posting here.

@newlan said:

have to> @Advin said:

@newlan said:

I registered and paid the order on the official website of Ovh. About a week ago, so far, I have tried many ways to communicate with them, but there has been no response. My payment has not been canceled, so I am posting here.

Again, you need to be patient

Thanked by 1newlan
  • VoidVoid Member

Wait six to nine weeks

Thanked by 1kasodk
  • @jmaxwell said:
    Wait six to nine weeks

My company is in China, and if I dare to respond to my customers for more than three days (including weekends), I am already dead.

Anyway, thank you and @angstrom for your reminder

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

@newlan said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Wait six to nine weeks

My company is in China, and if I dare to respond to my customers for more than three days (including weekends), I am already dead.

Anyway, thank you and @angstrom for your reminder

OVH doesn't usually have the quickest support (depending on the issue) unless you pay for a higher support priority or you are a big client of there's.

@newlan said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Wait six to nine weeks

I understand

OVH is highly automated, and it's always a bit frustrating if one needs to depend on ticket support

But it's highly unlikely that they will keep your money if they didn't give you a service

The practical problem is that it may take some days before you see a refund on your side, which is why patience is needed

• What payment method do you use? Try to ask is the payment completed?

• @newlan said:

Proceeds to show a screenshot with only visible date being 3/31 aka Friday, today is 4/02 aka Sunday.

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • @JabJab said:

@newlan said:

Proceeds to show a screenshot with only visible date being 3/31 aka Friday, today is 4/02 aka Sunday.

This is the order placement time. The registration time should have been earlier. The registration email has been cleared, but I haven't actually calculated the time carefully. It feels like about a week, which is a long time for me

• @robohost said:
    What payment method do you use? Try to ask is the payment completed?

Credit card payment. Currently, my credit card customer service has confirmed that it has not been canceled

• newlannewlan Member
    edited April 2023

Maybe I should keep waiting for six to nine weeks

• try to call them instead.

• @jason5545 said:
    try to call them instead.

I feel that I have been discriminated against by the state to some extent, and I don't want to continue this terrible experience. I will return to zero the credibility of OVH in my heart.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited April 2023

@newlan said:

@JabJab said:

@newlan said:

This is the order placement time. The registration time should have been earlier. The registration email has been cleared, but I haven't actually calculated the time carefully. It feels like about a week, which is a long time for me

Oh boy, it has been only 2 weekdays since your purchase. OVH offers MUCH cheaper plans compared with AWS and Azure, and that's why you typically have to wait for a week or two for that price. Always remenber that you get what you pay for.

@newlan said:

@jason5545 said:

I feel that I have been discriminated against by the state to some extent, and I don't want to continue this terrible experience. I will return to zero the credibility of OVH in my heart.

Discrimination is a serious charge requiring quite some solid proof, which I don't see here. I'm not sure, but you might prefer the word ARROGANT.

• @noisycode said:

@newlan said:

@JabJab said:

@newlan said:

Oh boy, it has been only 2 weekdays since your purchase. OVH offers MUCH cheaper plans compared with AWS and Azure, and you typically have to wait for a week or two for that price. Always remenber that you get what you pay for.

If I could own the service of Ovh, it wouldn't matter how long I wait. As things stand now, they have deleted my account without any explanation.

I have never had a similar experience on AWS. If broadband is not excessive, Amazon Lightsell is stable and relatively inexpensive

• @noisycode said:

@newlan said:

@JabJab said:

@newlan said:

Oh boy, it has been only 2 weekdays since your purchase. OVH offers MUCH cheaper plans compared with AWS and Azure, and that's why you typically have to wait for a week or two for that price. Always remenber that you get what you pay for.

@newlan said:

@jason5545 said:

Discrimination is a serious charge requiring quite some solid proof, which I don't see here. I'm not sure, but you might prefer the word ARROGANT.

The basis for discrimination stems from the rumor that OVH deleted Chinese accounts until my account was deleted!

My personal and corporate profile is not unpleasant when using netcup services. Perhaps arrogance is more suitable for ovh.

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited April 2023

Call the pol hee-heeice.

• @newlan said:

@noisycode said:

@newlan said:

@JabJab said:

@newlan said:

@newlan said:

@jason5545 said:

The basis for discrimination stems from the rumor that OVH deleted Chinese accounts until my account was deleted!

My personal and corporate profile is not unpleasant when using netcup services. Perhaps arrogance is more suitable for ovh.

I am from the APAC region as well and you know damn well the reputation of each APAC country. Plenty of companies would outright refuse service the second they know. And, collectively, all citizens are responsible.

Also, not only OVH is in the EU, they are French. So you have to expect them to do things the French way. Good luck trying to get any answer on weekends. The government tried to lower the speed limit and they burned all speed cameras in the country in one evening.

My order actually preceded yours and I am still waiting for the validation team to solve it. So, send an email asking why, what can you do to validate then wait.

• PagePage Member

OVH deleted my account on black friday, about 90 euros, still no refund.(It's almost 120 days)

Thanked by 2maverick JasonM
  • which is why ppl are perferring paypal

• bastabbastab Member, Host Rep

@newlan their support team is really worst. But i suggest you to send a mail again and again.Otherwise you have to say goodbye to your money. :)

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hi @newlan if your order was cancelled, depending on the payment method used, the pre-authorization charge will expire within 9 to 14 days for credit cards and 21 to 29 days for PayPal from the date the order was placed. All orders go through stringent security checks, therefore we strongly encourage providing accurate personal information and/or necessary supporting documents when requested for all orders.

• @Page said: OVH deleted my account on black friday, about 90 euros, still no refund.(It's almost 120 days)

did you not got refund yet? I thought they automated refunds in 30-40 days.

• @newlan said:
    Maybe I should keep waiting for six to nine weeks

My billing issues were solved after 2/3 weeks. So you may be on point ;)

• emghemgh Member

@newlan said: If broadband is not excessive, Amazon Lightsell is stable and relatively inexpensive

"If it was less expensive it would be relatively inexpensive"

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @newlan if your order was cancelled, depending on the payment method used, the pre-authorization charge will expire within 9 to 14 days for credit cards and 21 to 29 days for PayPal from the date the order was placed. All orders go through stringent security checks, therefore we strongly encourage providing accurate personal information and/or necessary supporting documents when requested for all orders.

1. I don't know if my order has been canceled, and my account is directly unable to log in.

2. The information provided when I placed the order is true and valid, and OVH has not informed me of the need for any additional information.

Should I continue to wait now? Waiting to subscribe to my service? Waiting for my order amount to be refunded? Or wait for you to notify me of the reason for deleting my account?

Thank you very much for replying to me, but I still don't know what to do now!