Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good data center in New York City?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good data center in New York City?

HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Hi,

Looking to get a few cabinets in New York City area. Any reasonable power price DC do you know in this area?
Typically seems to be $300 plus per kVA in this area. So something cheaper.

Thanks

Comments

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
  • ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@Hannan said:
    Hi,

Looking to get a few cabinets in New York City area. Any reasonable power price DC do you know in this area?

Thanks

What price are you aiming for? Are you willing to be in NJ or right outside of NYC?

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

@Ernie said:

@Hannan said:
    Hi,

Thanks

What price are you aiming for? Are you willing to be in NJ or right outside of NYC?

Some of our customers wants New York City as they are forex traders but I'm okay with the offers for the outside of the city.

Thanks

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@Hannan said:
    Hi,

Thanks

We are going to be the same price you are listing here. If you end up being able to pay this price let me know and I am happy to assist. Cheap can often cost you more down the road. Good luck with your search.

• @Hannan said: Some of our customers wants New York City as they are forex traders but I'm okay with the offers for the outside of the city.

When I was trading forex in the past I have servers with both Dedipath & Hivelocity. They both have execellet uptime & support.Latency to my broker was 1 ms. I have the same algo on both servers but Dedipath servers were 0.5 milliseconds faster in terms of latency compared to Hivelocity. That is 0.0005 seconds faster and makes no difference for most traders.
    The difference is a few hundres dollars more profitable on some months for me. I have since moved on to trade crypto with exchanges Kraken/Gate.io and their servers is all over the map.
    So when forex traders say they want servers in NYC, they actually mean needing servers close to brokers server, which are mostly are located in Equinix NY4 (secaucus) in NJ.
    I have recommended Dedipath/Hivelocity to my friends. Both highly recommended.

Thanked by 1Hannan