Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great firewall of China - UK Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Great firewall of China - UK Providers

JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

I have had a number of customers in recent weeks reach out to me regarding the great firewall of china that blocks a lot of the UK service provider's IP ranges, they have asked if I can either advise or provide a VPS service that is not blocked. The IP address must be a UK based registered IP too.

Any feedback will be a great help

Comments

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited April 2023

Its related with VPN? If yes, for sure even with Clean IP, it will only lasts for a few days and that clean IP range will be block in no time for sure

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

I believe it may be something like that, they want to rent their own VPS and set up a private VPN rather than using a public one that may attract a lot more attention

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @SWS same problem for my , lot of china customer ask me this things

The issue I sometimes face is, they buy and cannot access the server and before any type of contact they open payment disputes claiming the service is at fault when the server is fine but the issue is around the firewall in China.

I would buy my own ranges but cannot guarantee that would solve it either, so thought I would ask here and see if anyone has a source or idea of a solution

• d2411d2411 Member

Sure. all IP addresses will be blocked when it will be used as a VPN server ip address.
    But whats about IPv6 ? They are a lot of ip addresses, impossible to block all.
    Providers can rotate the vpn server ip address of a vpn server so you can make sure that you will be accessible from china all the time ?
    Does the great firewall supports ipv6 at all ?

• That kind of disputes is disgusting.

• O0oooO0ooo Member

just PMed you.

@O0ooo said:
    just PMed you.

Thanks, I have run some tests using the link you provided me, it seems that a lot of the IPv6 addresses that I have are all good in Singapore and Japan.