Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS with small SSD for OS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS with small SSD for OS

Hello,

I know there are lots of amazing Storage VPS providers. With pretty decent prices but most seems to be using RAID10/5/6 with SATA drives.

Any Storage VPS provider that also gives you SSD for OS ??
Looking for at least 2TB storage and probably 50GB SSD (i.e. 2 drives)
The reason for this is going to test/use proxmox backup server and it would make sense to have it running on SSD.

Looking for mainly in Netherlander (As that's where my servers are) but could consider nearby locations as well.
And yes, ability to upgrade when needed.

Thanks

Thanked by 1SiliCloud

Comments

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2023

Servarica has one. but in Canada. Chameleon or Salamander

Thanked by 2Umair servarica_hani
  • UmairUmair Member

@jason5545 said:
    Servarica has one. but in Canada.

I did use their speed test a while backup. The speed for me was way too slow.

• LetBox -> VPS - KVM - Linux - NVME SSD - Block Storage
    Excellent uptime ☑
    $ 17 monthly

Thanked by 1Umair
  • UmairUmair Member

@edrebe said:
    LetBox -> VPS - KVM - Linux - NVME SSD - Block Storage
    Excellent uptime ☑
    $ 17 monthly

>

Thanks. I saw that offer in an other thread. I am not sure what they refer to as Block Storage. If it's something like S3 compatible storage, that probably wont work for me.

But since there is not much info, I will probably go ask them.

Seeing not many replies here, I think there is not much demand for such VPS.
    Although I think it be a hit with most users.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Umair said:

@edrebe said:
    LetBox -> VPS - KVM - Linux - NVME SSD - Block Storage
    Excellent uptime ☑
    $ 17 monthly

>

Thanks. I saw that offer in an other thread. I am not sure what they refer to as Block Storage. If it's something like S3 compatible storage, that probably wont work for me.

But since there is not much info, I will probably go ask them.

Seeing not many replies here, I think there is not much demand for such VPS.
    Although I think it be a hit with most users.

I am not familiar with LetBox, however in general:

• block storage appears as a block device inside your vps, just like if you attach a HDD/SSD to your server.
    • S3 compatible is usually referred as object storage and is a different thing
    Thanked by 2skorous DanSummer
  • foitinfoitin Member
    edited April 2023

@crunchbits have similar plans but SSD space is not as large as 50GB SSD for few Terabyte's of HDD plans, and they got no location nearby NL.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Umair said:

Storage VPS = slow in general. If not now, in a month.

• ehabehab Member

@HostSlick had those Killer Deal's

i don't know if he still has those.

if you are interested then pm.

btw, my plan with above spec and is 4GB Ram.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Block Storage VPS
    NVME SSD O/S disk and SAS RAID6 storage space:
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=135

Thanked by 1Umair

• Working with Letbox since 2019

Other options in Germany: in 2019 I worked with a Fastpipe VPS
    Cloud HE + Block Storage

Thanked by 1Umair
  • @ehab said:
    @HostSlick had those Killer Deal's

i don't know if he still has those.

if you are interested then pm.

btw, my plan with above spec and is 4GB Ram.

https://hostslick.com/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

@Umair said:
    Hello,

I know there are lots of amazing Storage VPS providers. With pretty decent prices but most seems to be using RAID10/5/6 with SATA drives.

The reason for this is going to test/use proxmox backup server and it would make sense to have it running on SSD.

Looking for mainly in Netherlander (As that's where my servers are) but could consider nearby locations as well.

Thanks

We might have what you need.

Small NVME for OS, and large aditional storage

Mid-Range NVME VPS

4 Core Xeon CPU V4
    4 GB DDDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVME Storage

• optional HDD Storage Add-on
      1 Free Backup
      1 Free Snapshot
      1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
      10 Gbps VPS Up-link
      Unmetered Internet Traffic

16 USD / MO

Additional Storage from 500 GB to 6TB, from 4 USD/MO

https://www.host-c.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

Screenshot-2023-04-03-165713

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@host_c said:

@Umair said:
    Hello,

Thanks

We might have what you need.

Small NVME for OS, and large aditional storage

Mid-Range NVME VPS

4 Core Xeon CPU V4
    4 GB DDDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVME Storage

• optional HDD Storage Add-on
      1 Free Backup
      1 Free Snapshot
      1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
      10 Gbps VPS Up-link
      Unmetered Internet Traffic

16 USD / MO

Additional Storage from 500 GB to 6TB, from 4 USD/MO

https://www.host-c.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

Screenshot-2023-04-03-165713

I am not really going to buy, but make sure you copy the link properly. That is just the whmcs configure page, it will look more like this: https://xxxx.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=xxxx in most cases

• chipchip Member

@Umair said:

@jason5545 said:

I was hoping it was just me that had this but I guess not... I found the vps got slower as time went on. Their is never any steal but if you try and access the disks the processor usage goes from 0.4 to 22 and it takes ages and ages to get the file/info from the disks. So my assumption was the disks where capped/oversold

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@bruh21 said: I am not really going to buy, but make sure you copy the link properly. That is just the whmcs configure page, it will look more like this: https://xxxx.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=xxxx in most cases

https://www.host-c.com/index.php?rp=/store/hosting-vps/mid-range-nvme-vps

• @chip said:

@Umair said:

@jason5545 said:

I was hoping it was just me that had this but I guess not... I found the vps got slower as time went on. Their is never any steal but if you try and access the disks the processor usage goes from 0.4 to 22 and it takes ages and ages to get the file/info from the disks. So my assumption was the disks where capped/oversold

My Servarica Polar Bear seems to have gone very slow over the months.

Even logging using SSH can take 20 seconds for the screen to display after entering a login and password. None of my other VPS have such a slow SSH.

• SiliCloudSiliCloud Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Hi,

I think our affordable HA storage VM is suitable for you.

Storage SP offers @ Los Angeles:

2 vCPU Intel 8251C 3.8Ghz 8GiB DDR4 
    40GiB vSSD + 2000G HDD_WHS
    Global Out-Traffic 5000G@1Gbps throttled@3Mbps
    3 Mo 56.64 USD (Recurring)

Place Order

500G / 1000G /5000G Plan is also available.

Sincerely,
    SICloud,

• @tedtomato said:

@chip said:

@Umair said:

@jason5545 said:

Even logging using SSH can take 20 seconds for the screen to display after entering a login and password. None of my other VPS have such a slow SSH.

Yeah I've noticed this, my vps is dog slow, it's still okay for accessing files over http but that's about it

• tedtomatotedtomato Member
    edited April 2023

@bgerard said:

@tedtomato said:

@chip said:

@Umair said:

@jason5545 said:

Yeah I've noticed this, my vps is dog slow, it's still okay for accessing files over http but that's about it

I have managed to get a storage VPS from Interserver (in New Jersey), and NextCloud performance is much better now. I think their storage has less contention.

Copying 500GB of data locally (from one local folder to another local folder) on Polar Bear took a long time (maybe a day).

Copying 500GB of data locally on Interserver took 2 hours.

• @tedtomato said:

@chip said:

@Umair said:

@jason5545 said:

Contact their support?