Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to load a kernel in OVH rescue mode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to load a kernel in OVH rescue mode

I have a ubuntu 22.04 in OVH

kernel panic not syncing fatal exception unable to mount rootfs.

I was able to do login into rescue mode and see the files. How can I recover the OS through rescue mode.

pleasehelp

Comments

• Take a backup of the files and reinstall the server, it doesn't make sense to try to fix it.

• @OVH_APAC Ticket #7625227

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Jovanfever said:
    @OVH_APAC Ticket #7625227

I don’t think the issue above is covered by their support as the issue is with software and service is unmanaged.

• adnsadns Member

Try to run a KVM and mount your disk(s) to it. You can see the entire boot process. It possible too that load an own OS with KVM with your own requirements.

• This actually happened on one of my Hetzner dedis about a week ago while trying to upgrade to a new version. I think it broke mid-upgrade while I was sleeping. Tried a handful of things in rescue mode and a KVM session but after a bit I just ended up packaging up my important files, pulling them down and reinstalled a fresh updated OS.

• Your best bet would be to load through qemu an OS with an S/FTP server and get the files off, then reinstall and get the files back.

• I'd just mount and chroot into the installation then rebuild the initramfs and grub config.

• Thanks everyone :)