Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Webmail client with "Unified Inbox" feature
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Webmail client with "Unified Inbox" feature

nameinnamein Member

Honestly after going through /r/selfhosted/ I wasn't expecting much now, but I still wanted to take the chances.

Because of my work environment, I can't configure any email client software on my work device, so I'm looking for a self-hosted webmail client with "unified inbox" functionality that can help me manage email from multiple mailboxes in a unified interface.

The only one I know of so far that does this is Afterlogic Webmail Pro, but they have an upgrade subscription and no discounts for renewal upgrades. (As an aside, they can purchase a second year upgrade for 75% of the purchase price of a new license, but the full price returns from year three onwards, which makes me think that purchasing a new license every two years seems like the most affordable option for year-round use, but it makes the whole licensing mechanism a bit subtle and absurd)

Snappy supports importing multiple email addresses within a single client, but can only switch between different mailboxes individually, there is no unified inbox feature and it won't support that.

Cypht seems to be another option that supports federated inboxes, but it's a bit complicated to deploy, and since there hasn't been a new stable release in two years (but commits have been active on GitHub), it's not a preference either.

So I'd like to know if there are any other Webmail clients that make it easy to manage multiple mailboxes, especially products that support something like a "unified inbox" without having to switch to a different mailbox interface. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Check front app.

Thanked by 1namein
  • What seems to be the problem with cypht? I don't see any issues not doing a standard release. Their docs suggest that you download from master. And then composer install the libraries. Install docs looks pretty much straight forward to me. In fact I was looking for something like. I saw this earlier but then forgot about this. Looks like I am going to set up this today.

Thanked by 1namein
  • Installed it. I can add many of the providers! Design wise not so fancy but I think I will be able to develop themes for it. I needed to replace thunderbird for long time with something like this. Thanks to you :D

Thanked by 3ariq01 namein user123
  • Cypht is good.

Thanked by 1namein
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

An alternate choice could be a RDP machine and install whatever client you want on it.

Thanked by 1namein
  • @Boogeyman said: What seems to be the problem with cypht? I don't see any issues not doing a standard release. Their docs suggest that you download from master.

I'm not very used to the way it preconfigures, generates, copies or softlinks website files. Because this doesn't seem to handle compatibility issues with the server panel I'm using. Of course, part of the reason is that I am used to the "fool mode" of uploading a compressed package and then running it. :p