Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel or LAMP for WHMCS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel or LAMP for WHMCS?

What would be best and safe way to host a WHMCS website? Like on cPanel or any other control panel or installing php,apache,mysql manually and hosting whmcs.
What webserver do you recommend Apache or LiteSpeed or Nginx?
Do you recommend CDN like CloudFlare?
Do you recommend hosting it on cloud platforms like AWS, DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode etc.?

Considering speed & performance, security and safety from attacks and hacking attempts.

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I wouldn’t recommend cPanel for anyone these days due to pricing

Personally I run blesta on shared hosting just fine but ymmv

• If you prefer to go the control panel route, go Plesk. It's cheaper than cPanel, simpler, and get the job done just fine for a WHMCS site. It comes w/ Nginx so you'll be set with that. Also I think there's an OLS Plugin for Plesk but don't quote me on that.

CDN like CloudFlare? Sure, go for it. Consider a paid plan to have more security options.

Cloud Platforms? Sure thing. Pick the one you can afford and trust the most for your production stuff.

my 2¢

Best of luck with your venture :-)

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

From a security point of view, use Docker, Read-Only file system without system utilities + firewall + CDN

• edited March 2023

For WHMCS only, a cheap VPS with a free Litespeed license (free up to 2GB RAM) and you will have cheap and fast WHMCS hosting, don't forget the security. Cloudflare works ok with WHMCS.