Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this benchmark good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this benchmark good?

I am having a server with
2x Intel Deca-Core E5-2670v2 - 128GB - 480GB SSD

I am not satisfied with the server as it running too slow, It took 90 min to install HestiaCP which normal get install in 3-5 in a low-end-vps. Have been complain to the dedi-provider that something is wrong with my server but they clam every is good.
`

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 1 hours, 18 minutes
Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz
CPU cores : 40 @ 1200.000 MHz
AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM : 125.8 GiB
Swap : 4.0 GiB
Disk : 434.9 GiB
Distro : Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Kernel : 5.15.0-69-generic
VM Type : NONE
Net Online : IPv4

IPv4 Network Information:

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
Read 496.00 KB/s (124) 6.93 MB/s (108)
Write 523.00 KB/s (130) 7.29 MB/s (113)
Total 1.01 MB/s (254) 14.23 MB/s (221)
Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
------ --- ---- ---- ----
Read 31.20 MB/s (60) 37.13 MB/s (36)
Write 33.25 MB/s (64) 40.21 MB/s (39)
Total 64.45 MB/s (124) 77.34 MB/s (75)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
Clouvider London, UK (10G) 870 Mbits/sec 866 Mbits/sec 111 ms
Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy 565 Mbits/sec 105 ms
NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 875 Mbits/sec 736 Mbits/sec 104 ms
Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) busy 610 Mbits/sec 202 ms
Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 914 Mbits/sec 924 Mbits/sec 41.9 ms
Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 938 Mbits/sec 939 Mbits/sec 10.6 ms
Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 920 Mbits/sec 923 Mbits/sec 40.7 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
|
Single Core | 554
Multi Core | 5587
Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/720924
`

Do benchmark looks good for the this type of serve?

Comments

• likely a faulty or dogshit ssd
    other than that, it looks fine

Thanked by 1bikrama
  • @treesmokah said:
    likely a faulty or dogshit ssd
    other than that, it looks fine

They claim that they changed it with brand new Kingston SSD.

• The FIO is very low, especially for SSD, even HDD could be higher than that, and the GB6 Score also very low.

• LeviLevi Member

@bikrama said: Kingston SSD.

Smells like amateur Romania host. Run.

• @LTniger said: Smells like amateur Romania host. Run.

>

Yes, I am going to cancel server with them today and move to a better provider may be AMD Ryzen™ 9 5950X or equal.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

SSD might have all it's pages in use etc, make sure discard is enabled AND do a fstrim -av to discard unused blocks.

I've seen that stuff happen so many times that typically i set aside 1-10% of an SSD in any server just so that it can internally do all that stuff easier and retain it's performance.

Once SSD gets full they are dogshit slow -- easily solved by discarding unused blocks / discarding whole device if you can / secure erase.

Also some SSDs are just garbage. especially old ones

Your metrics are lower than typical 7200rpm HDD, by a big margin.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    SSD might have all it's pages in use etc, make sure discard is enabled AND do a fstrim -av to discard unused blocks.

I've seen that stuff happen so many times that typically i set aside 1-10% of an SSD in any server just so that it can internally do all that stuff easier and retain it's performance.

Once SSD gets full they are dogshit slow -- easily solved by discarding unused blocks / discarding whole device if you can / secure erase.

I backup my data and reinstalled the whole OS again with latest OS Ubuntu 22.04 and did test again and that was the result, And when i complain the provide they said it performing good.
    https://prnt.sc/lyw0UeZ1VGyo

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited March 2023

Terrible read/write speeds. Are you sure it's an SSD?

• You should publish the providers name...

• fazarfazar Member

I backup my data and reinstalled the whole OS again with latest OS Ubuntu 22.04 and did test again and that was the result, And when i complain the provide they said it performing good.

Your network is good. But not with your storage.

• Disk performance is bang on for HDD. Even dramless sata ssd (expected when they quote Kingston brand) should not be that bad

• imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited March 2023

Your SSD performance is too bad. You need to ask them for replacement with nVME drives that will dramatically improve your app performance.

Just share the below performance with your provider that SSD IOPS is too bad compared to SSD IOPS below. It is from the 34Euro server.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 6.34.27 PM

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Run smartctl and tell us what model those drives are

edited March 2023

@bikrama said:

@PulsedMedia said:

reinstall does not wipe the SSD completely, it has to be a DISCARD event of some sort. Writing over old data does not erase old data.

do a blkdiscard which wipes everything, and then issue reinstall if the host has system for remote reboots & reinstalls, otherwise ask help from the host.

Better yet, boot into rescue mode, and you can see swiftly the changes.

@sreekanth850 said:
    You should publish the providers name...

Doesn't matter, every provider has faulty hardware, or issues like this, only question is how often.

Publishing on forums could just be that they sold a lot with used SSDs without blkdiscard in between and default templates do not have discard enabled.

Hardware breaks and/or has issues no matter who owns it, not even Chuck Norris can intimidate the hardware not to break ;)

• @PulsedMedia said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Doesn't matter, every provider has faulty hardware, or issues like this, only question is how often.

Publishing on forums could just be that they sold a lot with used SSDs without blkdiscard in between and default templates do not have discard enabled.

Hardware breaks and/or has issues no matter who owns it, not even Chuck Norris can intimidate the hardware not to break ;)

Agrees but not accepting the issues is why i asked to post.

• bikramabikrama Member
    edited March 2023

@PulsedMedia said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Its true hardware breaks sometimes, But even sending them proof that disk is so slow/broken, they are saying this is expected performance and that is disappointing.

Do the discard / fstrim like i told you instead of arguing against.

If it does not perform any better at that point, open ticket with your provider that you suspect the drive is broken // in a state of poor performance you are unable to fix, are they able to help? Remember to be friendly.

• LeviLevi Member

@bikrama said: they are saying

Who are "they"? Disclose bogus provider and provide redacted ticket chat screenshots where we could see both sides interacting.

Youngsters these days... Blablabla, without substantially backing their claims.

Thanked by 1Patriarch
  • wow... 496.00 KB/s