Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this host's word reliable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this host's word reliable?

DMCA IGNORE DEDICATED SERVER HOSTING
Full Protection from Illegitimate Usage of DMCA Claims
Copyright Claims Should Pass Quite a Lot of Requirements
Hard to Legally Shut Down Due to Offshore Jurisdiction
High-Performance Servers & Custom Configuration Available
1 Gbps Port Easy to Speed Up to 10 Gbps
Unmetered Bandwidth & Fair Pricing for Unlimited

SHIELDED OFFSHORE LOCATIONS
VSYS offers a great choice of two established and secure offshore locations: Kyiv (UA) & Amsterdam (NL). Due to different local regulations, both locations stand out with their relatively lax content policies. Alike, these are pretty mint for hosting movie sites & streaming, adult, gambling & everything that doesn't engage in illegal activities like spam, phishing, etc. VSYS - reliable offshore web hosting since 2009, cherishing its precious customers, their needs, preferences, and anonymity.

from vsys host

(There is no intention of any public censure.
I really don't know Can I believe this.
I'm a beginner.)

Comments

• uni14uni14 Member
    edited March 2023

And a member helped me and said this, is this right??

Search for DMCA ignored hosts, they will ignore requests for copyright infringements. Unless the police from their own country, have a warrent. But im 100% sure that will never happen in your case.
    a few DMCA ignored hosts off the top of my head are:

BuyVM
    Alexhost
    i think Advin servers too but check first.

==================================
    I won't ask the same question again. sorry and thankyou

• emghemgh Member

@uni14 said: Full Protection from Illegitimate Usage of DMCA Claims

Most serious hosts offer that.

• If this is for your game server. Yes, it'll be fine

• Before Christmas I was considering an Ukrainian host, of those that sponsor aid for war victims, that was before the bastards started heavily bombing all energy infrastructure country wide, so I ditched the idea.

Had to regret it later. Little did I know that my data would be safer with any of them, than staying with NexusBytes.

• @foxtare said:
    Before Christmas I was considering an Ukrainian host, of those that sponsor aid for war victims, that was before the bastards started heavily bombing all energy infrastructure country wide, so I ditched the idea.

Had to regret it later. Little did I know that my data would be safer with any of them, than staying with NexusBytes.

I had a dedi with VSYS, not a single downtime even in heated war scenarios.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@treesmokah said:

@foxtare said:
    Before Christmas I was considering an Ukrainian host, of those that sponsor aid for war victims, that was before the bastards started heavily bombing all energy infrastructure country wide, so I ditched the idea.

I recently referred to my @UrDN VPS as a "Waffle House during a hurricane" VPS because it was just always available despite being in Kyiv. ( For the waffle house reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index )

EDIT: This is for @foxtare who mentioned a concern about the general reliability of Ukrainian hosts.

• @MannDude said:

@treesmokah said:

@foxtare said:

I recently referred to my @UrDN VPS as a "Waffle House during a hurricane" VPS because it was just always available despite being in Kyiv. ( For the waffle house reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index )

EDIT: This is for @foxtare who mentioned a concern about the general reliability of Ukrainian hosts.

Did you just leak ur new location?
    I can see urdn as an upstream in your network now :)

• @treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

I always though that despite the dreadful images and recorded footage we all have seen, it could be a rare event (pure likeness to happen) to have a private company data center destroyed in Kyiv, one of the most protected areas in the country, or the most.

However the reliability of the machines trying to give a stable service to thousands of customers with an electricity grid out of order... and running everything on diesel generators... it's a different matter. That's when I changed my mind.

• @MannDude can you please yabs the urdn vps?

@hyperblast said:
    @MannDude can you please yabs the urdn vps?

Sure thing.

I'm not sure why Yabs only shows the IPv4 or IPv6 ISP and not both (if different). I think it defaults to IPv6 because we're announcing some IPv6 under our ASN from this box, but it's all URDN.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat 27 May 2023 09:23:10 PM EDT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 44 days, 22 hours, 51 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 3 @ 2693.248 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 980.0 MiB
    Disk       : 77.2 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-21-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    Host       : IncogNET LLC
    Location   : Kyiv, Kyiv City (30)
    Country    : Ukraine

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 142.30 MB/s  (35.5k) | 596.25 MB/s   (9.3k)
    Write      | 142.67 MB/s  (35.6k) | 599.38 MB/s   (9.3k)
    Total      | 284.97 MB/s  (71.2k) | 1.19 GB/s    (18.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 812.27 MB/s   (1.5k) | 836.59 MB/s    (816)
    Write      | 855.43 MB/s   (1.6k) | 892.30 MB/s    (871)
    Total      | 1.66 GB/s     (3.2k) | 1.72 GB/s     (1.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 378 Mbits/sec   | 534 Mbits/sec   | 36.5 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 918 Mbits/sec   | 909 Mbits/sec   | 42.3 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 919 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 38.5 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 872 Mbits/sec   | 512 Mbits/sec   | 109 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 739 Mbits/sec   | 16.2 Mbits/sec  | 103 ms         
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 816 Mbits/sec   | 275 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 782 Mbits/sec   | 319 Mbits/sec   | 169 ms         

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 898 Mbits/sec   | 538 Mbits/sec   | 37.7 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 897 Mbits/sec   | 832 Mbits/sec   | 39.8 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 906 Mbits/sec   | 899 Mbits/sec   | 38.4 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 861 Mbits/sec   | 513 Mbits/sec   | 108 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 843 Mbits/sec   | 19.2 Mbits/sec  | 103 ms         
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 790 Mbits/sec   | 364 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 760 Mbits/sec   | 216 Mbits/sec   | 169 ms         

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 481                           
    Multi Core      | 1279                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1401821

YABS completed in 19 min 26 sec

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @MannDude said:

@treesmokah said:

@foxtare said:

waffle house what now

• emgemg Veteran

@Otus9051 said:

waffle house what now

Waffle House does not exist where you live, at least not the US chain of restaurants that is familiar to many of us. You do not know what you are missing.

Some people like them and others do not. I happen to be one of those who enjoys them. I look forward to a chance to eat at Waffle House while I am on road trips. I prefer to ride a motorcycle to business meetings rather than fly. The Waffle House chain does not extend all the way to the West Coast of the US. The closest Waffle House to us is just west of Phoenix, Arizona. Maybe that is why I look forward to them. I discovered them when I started to travel the country by motorcycle.

(Of course, we have some great fast food restaurant chains here on the West Coast that are not available further east. Examples include In-n-Out and Del Taco. I am not sure whether you can classify Waffle House as "fast food" or not. It lives on the dividing line.)

• @emg said:

@Otus9051 said:

waffle house what now

Waffle House does not exist where you live, at least not the US chain of restaurants that is familiar to many of us. You do not know what you are missing.

Some people like them and others do not. I happen to be one of those who enjoys them. I look forward to a chance to eat at Waffle House while I am on road trips. I prefer to ride a motorcycle to business meetings rather than fly. The Waffle House chain does not extend all the way to the West Coast of the US. The closest Waffle House to us is just west of Phoenix, Arizona. Maybe that is why I look forward to them. I discovered them when I started to travel the country by motorcycle.

(Of course, we have some great fast food restaurant chains here on the West Coast that are not available further east. Examples include In-n-Out and Del Taco. I am not sure whether you can classify Waffle House as "fast food" or not. It lives on the dividing line.)

i do know what waffle house is
    im just saying its not a fast food chain its more of a self governing town at this point

• emgemg Veteran

@Otus9051 said:

i do know what waffle house is
    im just saying its not a fast food chain its more of a self governing town at this point

I do not understand "self governing town" in this context.

Waffle House is a chain of small 24-hour restaurants that are spread across most of the southern and eastern part of the US. They are famous for being open when conditions are bad, even after natural disasters. They serve typical "diner" food, including breakfast all day and all night. The buildings themselves are small but distinctively shaped. They have highly visible black-on-yellow "square letters" in their signs that can be seen from far away by travelers.

https://www.wafflehouse.com

Disclaimer: I like to stop at a Waffle House once in a while when traveling, but I do not seek them out and would not detour to eat at one. If I see one and the time is right, then I might stop there or I might choose something better. :-)

edited May 2023

woosh

The Waffle House comment was given context in my original post.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index

What I meant was: Kyiv is a war zone. My VPS is online. It's like a Waffle House that remains open during a hurricane or other severe weather, when other establishments have closed.

T'was a joke and a testament to the stability of their service.

• nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

Key work here is "Illegitimate". I mean, we ignore illegitimate claims as well....