Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for LA VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for LA VPS

jamzjamz Member
edited March 2023 in Requests

Hi all,

I am looking for a somewhat large VPS, preferably in Los Angeles or West Coast as a far second choice. Here are the specs I am aiming for:

• 12-16GB RAM
  • 4+ CPU
  • 150-200GB NVME
  • 1Gbps
  • 4TB BW
  • $30/mo

So far I have been eyeing Hetzner Cloud, which offers 8 CPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB disk, and 10Gbps at ~$27-$28/mo. As enticing as that is, it's located a little further than I would like, so wanted to see if any providers have something similar in LA.

Comments

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

@jamz said:
    Hi all,

I am looking for a somewhat large VPS, preferably in Los Angeles or West Coast as a far second choice. Here are the specs I am aiming for:

• 12-16GB RAM
    • 4+ CPU
    • 150-200GB NVME
    • 1Gbps
    • 4TB BW
    • $30/mo

So far I have been eyeing Hetzner Cloud, which offers 8 CPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB disk, and 10Gbps at ~$27-$28/mo. As enticing as that is, it's located a little further than I would like, so wanted to see if any providers have something similar in LA.

We dont have LA currently but if your willing we can offer it in Texas & Kansas

16GB RAM
    6 vCore CPU
    150 GB SSD
    5TB@1Gb/sec
    30$/m

Let me know if your interested i will share the Link or email me at [email protected]

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll do something custom for you in Los Angeles CA.

~ SMARTHOST

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

We have the following offer available in Los Angeles

200 GB SSD
    6 vCore
    4TB BW @1Gbps
    28$/mo

Please let me know if you want it.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We can do this in LA, it is hands down the best network you will find in the location.

Our NVMe 16GB plan with 150GB disk will be $25/mo - https://hosthatch.com/ssd-vps with 40gig networking.

• jamzjamz Member

@hosthatch said:
    We can do this in LA, it is hands down the best network you will find in the location.

Our NVMe 16GB plan with 150GB disk will be $25/mo - https://hosthatch.com/ssd-vps with 40gig networking.

Hi, your website says the 16GB only has 75GB disk and is only $15/mo. Do I have the right page?

@jamz said:

@hosthatch said:

Hi, your website says the 16GB only has 75GB disk and is only $15/mo. Do I have the right page?

Yes - additional disk is $1.5 per 10 GB. We can do $25/mo with 150GB disk.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited March 2023

I've got an instance over at AlphaVPS that's been top notch for me in performance and uptime. I can't speak on the EPYC instances but my Ryzen instance has been great for the past two years.

These two servers seem to be in your ballpark.

AMD EPYC™ 4 vCPU (3.0Ghz+)
    24GB DDR4 ECC
    135GB NVMe
    6TB on 1GBit/s
    €23.99/month ($25.82 USD)

32GB DDR4 ECC
    180GB NVMe
    8TB on 1GBit/s
    €31.99/month ($34.43 USD)

https://alphavps.com/high-performance-vps.html

I've had Crunchbits for a whole two days so I can't give you a complete and thorough review but so far, so good. They have an option that falls in your range.. They're in Idaho but the peering has been fantastic for me (as good as any West Coast DC, LA/SF in particular)

16GB DDR4
    4 3.0GHz+ Cores
    200GB NVMe
    40TB
    1 IPv4 | /64

https://crunchbits.com/high-frequency-vps.php

I had to contact support right off the bat to get my hard drive added on. Put in my ticket on Friday @ 15:38 had it resolved 15:57.
    Put in a ticket looking for a custom server on Saturday @ 16:03 and had a response to that at 16:19 - got forwarded onto sales department and had a response to that Sunday Morning at 09:45.

So as far as communication is and support is concerned so far, I'm plenty satisfied.

I've got a storage box with them so I can't comment on what you're looking for specifically, but overall so far, I'm happy. I transferred just about 2TB and it saturated the other end's connection (BuyVM slab in Vegas) and didn't skip a beat.

The control panel is next level awesome. Love the UI and UX.

Anyways, hope that might give you a little direction on where to head!

• jamzjamz Member

@Don_Keedic said:
    I've got an instance over at AlphaVPS that's been top notch for me in performance and uptime. I can't speak on the EPYC instances but my Ryzen instance has been great for the past two years.

This seems to fit the bill for you spot on:

24GB DDR4 ECC
    135GB NVMe
    6TB on 1GBit/s
    €23.99/month ($25.82 USD)

And here's one for a smidge over your budget that may or may not appeal to you

32GB DDR4 ECC
    180GB NVMe
    8TB on 1GBit/s
    €31.99/month ($34.43 USD)

https://alphavps.com/high-performance-vps.html

Thank you for your suggestion, but their EPYC line seems to be limited to EU while their Ryzen line is bit over budget.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited March 2023

@jamz said:

Thank you for your suggestion, but their EPYC line seems to be limited to EU while their Ryzen line is bit over budget.

Ahhh so sorry, didn't realize that was a EU only deal!

Another provider you might want to take a look at is Crunchbits - I have a stupidly short time with them so far, so take my 2 day review (edited in my above post) with a grain of salt but they have this available

16GB DDR4
    4 3.0GHz+ Cores
    200GB NVMe
    40TB
    1 IPv4 | /64
    $23/mo
    https://crunchbits.com/high-frequency-vps.php

I know you said West Coast..it's close (Idaho)

Server Location: Coeur d Alene, ID, USA
    Test IPv4: 193.149.164.8
    https://lg-cda.crunchbits.com/

Know you were looking for 4+ but given the base price @ $23, they might be able to make that 4+ happen for you on a custom setup.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

Why not HostHatch? Seems like a great fit.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

You could get a dedi from Psychz with the following config
    E3 1230v2
    16GB RAM
    500GB SSD (Sata but full iops are yours)
    100TB @ 1Gbps

For $29/month
    Or $24/month if you go for a 250GB SSD instead

• emghemgh Member

@bruh21 said:
    E3 1230v2
    16GB RAM
    100TB @ 1Gbps

For $29/month

Psychz Networks, yo

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:

@bruh21 said:
    E3 1230v2
    16GB RAM
    100TB @ 1Gbps

For $29/month

Psychz Networks, yo

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jamzjamz Member

@emgh said:
    Why not HostHatch? Seems like a great fit.

HostHatch and Hetzner are at the top of my list right now, but it's a Sunday, so I want to see if any other providers want to throw their bid in the hat come Monday to make the final decision.

• emghemgh Member

@jamz said: HostHatch and Hetzner are at the top of my list right now, but it's a Sunday, so I want to see if any other providers want to throw their bid in the hat come Monday to make the final decision.

From HH terms: "If there is a bandwidth limit, it means that you are not allowed to use more bandwidth than the limit in one month. Your server will be stopped if you reach your bandwidth limit. Additional bandwidth can be added for $4 per Terabyte by contacting our support. Bandwidth limit is reset on the 1st of every month, regardless of your service due date."

Hetzner has no limit and will keep it up and charge you for any overages.

The HH-way of handeling it if you somehow end up getting DDoS attacked, hacked or for any reason end up eating bandwidth seems much more friendly to a hobbyist that would rather have a VPS shut down compared to a huge bill. Simply for that reason, I'd pick HH compared to Hetzner for personal usage.

@emgh said:

@jamz said: HostHatch and Hetzner are at the top of my list right now, but it's a Sunday, so I want to see if any other providers want to throw their bid in the hat come Monday to make the final decision.

From HH terms: "If there is a bandwidth limit, it means that you are not allowed to use more bandwidth than the limit in one month. Your server will be stopped if you reach your bandwidth limit. Additional bandwidth can be added for $4 per Terabyte by contacting our support. Bandwidth limit is reset on the 1st of every month, regardless of your service due date."

The HH-way of handeling it if you somehow end up getting DDoS attacked, hacked or for any reason end up eating bandwidth seems much more friendly to a hobbyist that would rather have a VPS shut down compared to a huge bill. Simply for that reason, I'd pick HH compared to Hetzner for personal usage.

I appreciate the recommendation, but we did change this a while back.

We still do not charge any overage, but instead of shutting down VMs after their bandwidth limit is reached, we limit them to 5 Mbps until the end of the month. Additional bandwidth can be added from the control panel without having to contact us.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@hosthatch said:

@emgh said:

I appreciate the recommendation, but we did change this a while back.

We still do not charge any overage, but instead of shutting down VMs after their bandwidth limit is reached, we limit them to 5 Mbps until the end of the month. Additional bandwidth can be added from the control panel without having to contact us.

Even better.

Throtte > Shutdown > Overages

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Check out AdvinServers @Advin

Los Angeles - KVM Standard VPS - KVM Standard L
    High Frequency (6 vCores)
    64GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    240GB NVMe/SATA SSD
    16TB Bandwidth (1 Gbps)
    Located in Los Angeles, CA
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation