Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpeedyPage - AMD Ryzen 7950X & DDR5 VPS in Ashburn, VA! Gen4 NVMe and Daily Offsite Backups included - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpeedyPage - AMD Ryzen 7950X & DDR5 VPS in Ashburn, VA! Gen4 NVMe and Daily Offsite Backups included

2»

Comments

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@febryanvaldo said:

@speedypage said: We're now back in stock! We sold out very fast but have added more capacity now to support quite a lot of orders.

Add to SG ;)

We're hoping to add stock in Singapore within the next 2-4 weeks. Our upstream is going into a new data hall and it is being completed as we speak. Tokyo will have more capacity within the next 24 hours.

• @speedypage said: We're hoping to add stock in Singapore within the next 2-4 weeks. Our upstream is going into a new data hall and it is being completed as we speak. Tokyo will have more capacity within the next 24 hours.

Aye...

• Or the ability to add block storage?

We can do this on a case by case basis, just reach out.

Storage flexibiliy is a deal maker / breaker for a bunch of use cases.
    So it's good to know you can offer extra disk or maybe block storage. But for those of us that are not clients yet, it'd be nice if you could specify - for example - how much 50GB of extra disk space would cost... or what kind of block storage is available / pricing details.

edited April 2023

@claudio said:

Or the ability to add block storage?

We can do this on a case by case basis, just reach out.

Storage flexibiliy is a deal maker / breaker for a bunch of use cases.
    So it's good to know you can offer extra disk or maybe block storage. But for those of us that are not clients yet, it'd be nice if you could specify - for example - how much 50GB of extra disk space would cost... or what kind of block storage is available / pricing details.

We don't really offer it as a list feature, this is why the pricing is not public. We offer it on a case by case basis, depending on resource availability and dependent on region. Outside of this, we typically require a full package upgrade to upgrade disk space.

If we can offer it, as a guideline, we roughly charge $5-8 per 250GB of NVMe block storage.

Thanked by 1claudio
  • O0oooO0ooo Member

Will there be any promotions for Easter? B)

• nfnnfn Veteran

@speedypage you should update your staus page with relevant information about downtime

Yesterday there was a reboot in uk100 without notice and there isn't any update at https://status.speedypage.com/

You advertise on you page 99.9% but we can se that uk100 is 99.651% as today.

There's some work to be done here.

edited April 2023

@nfn said:
    @speedypage you should update your staus page with relevant information about downtime

Yesterday there was a reboot in uk100 without notice and there isn't any update at https://status.speedypage.com/

You advertise on you page 99.9% but we can se that uk100 is 99.651% as today.

There's some work to be done here.

I am unsure if you might have mistakenly not noticed, but the downtime yesterday was recorded on the UK-100 server. (Unless I have misunderstood) See below:

We of course do strive for perfection and the large majority of our nodes are online with 100% uptime. UK-100 had crashed and upon investigation, would not boot without manual intervention from the DC. This was done within 5 minutes and booted back up. We're still trying to resolve the root cause of this issue and I apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanked by 2nfn treesmokah
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@speedypage I saw that, but was referring to some written information about the issue, if that's what this section is about:

• out of stock

• @speedypage said:

@nick_ said:
    Nice offer. What is the CPU usage policy?

We operate a policy where you can more or less use your whole allocation at all times, providing it does not cause issues for other customers. We've never in our history had to suspend or warn a user for using too much CPU, so you can expect to be able to use your full allocation.

@SmDom said:
    Will there be a limited flash purchase?

This is very good pricing for a 7950X, and does include a 10% off our list pricing. I'd be surprised if you can find many companies offering it this competitive :D

@sayyiku said:
    oh Will this 7950x be one in Singapore?

Maybe. We're going to be testing out the new AMD Ryzen 7900 as well, which offers near the same single core as a 7950X but slower multi. The benefit is the power draw is much lower and we'll probably be able to offer it at our standard pricing, over the 7950X pricing which has 3x the TDP of a 7900.

I find the 7900X a lot more powerful than the 7900. Hopefully the 7900X will be available in SG.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

@viendong99 said: I find the 7900X a lot more powerful than the 7900. Hopefully the 7900X will be available in SG.

Actually it's not, it's the same 12c/24t. The 7900 has way lower TDP, it could lower the monthly running cost.

That's the plan! @febryanvaldo

The 7900X is very comparative to the 7900, barely any difference at all for a whopping power drop. We'll be able to offer this at the same pricing as our 5950X range as a result, rather than having to increase the cost like we had to for the 7950X.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • @febryanvaldo said:

@viendong99 said: I find the 7900X a lot more powerful than the 7900. Hopefully the 7900X will be available in SG.

Actually it's not, it's the same 12c/24t. The 7900 has way lower TDP, it could lower the monthly running cost.

Clockspeed 7900 is 3.4G, and 7900X is 4.5G. I use single threaded software so I like high clockspeed.

Thanked by 1uncooked92
  • @viendong99 said: Clockspeed 7900 is 3.4G, and 7900X is 4.5G. I use single threaded software so I like high clockspeed.

I see. But this is shared VPS, not dedicated one, and more over, the Turbo Speed is almost identical. Are you blast the VPS 100% for 24 hours, i don't think so.

• @febryanvaldo said:

As to Geekbench 5 Single Core Score, will the cpu processing speed of 2000 points be twice as fast as that of 1000 points? Thanks!

• Waiting for Singapore stocks to be back

edited May 2023

We will soon be converting our entire Ashburn location to make use of 7950X, from 5950X. More detail to follow but we're hoping to do this over the next 1-2 months.

Singapore Ryzen 7000 series will also be making an appearance within the next month or so. It will be based on the Ryzen 7900.

Also, we launched Sydney. Very small presence there at the moment as we're just testing the waters.

Thanked by 3nick_ amaalex greentea
  • @speedypage said:
    We will soon be converting our entire Ashburn location to make use of 7950X, from 5950X. More detail to follow but we're hoping to do this over the next 1-2 months.

Singapore Ryzen 7000 series will also be making an appearance within the next month or so. It will be based on the Ryzen 7900.

Also, we launched Sydney. Very small presence there at the moment as we're just testing the waters.

Do existing customers have a promo code for Sydney?

• mhmd94mhmd94 Member

do you provide trials for a couple of hours if I contact you through support ?

• tsofttsoft Member

Overall, works great.

Could you check ticket 466735

Bit of a necro but the offer is still valid, and now all Ashburn services include 10G networking :)

Thanked by 2claudio greentea
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2023

@tsoft said:
    Overall, works great.

still works amazing, migrated many servers here from linode.
    if possible, keep the code for longer.

Thanked by 2speedypage claudio
  • I only got 300ms+ in the SGP ip. Test from India. Vultr/Linode sgp servers are something like 90-100ms from India.

• I have come to your live chat and I got no reply..so I will just comment here.
    Its about your Wordpress hosting.
    1. Does the Bunny Optimizer and Bunny CDN totally free? Or just the integration and I still need to pay Bunny fees to my bunny account?.
    2. How much percent is the share cpu usage in this plan? Does the RAM being dedicated?
    3. What If I wanted to upgrade your share host vertically? The largest plan you offer was 4gb. I know the VPS may be the anser but I love free Litespeed+Bunny in your share plan.
    4. Do you have any plan for India DC.

• @Fabian47 said:
    I have come to your live chat and I got no reply..so I will just comment here.
    1. Does the Bunny Optimizer and Bunny CDN totally free? Or just the integration and I still need to pay Bunny fees to my bunny account?.

Free for websites hosted on SpeedyPages.

1. How much percent is the share cpu usage in this plan? Does the RAM being dedicated?

There fair use policy is:
    Unlimited & unmetered claims have software and hardware limitations, and are subject to a discretionary fair use policy by our team. Our cloud hosting plans are intended only to be used for content relevant to a hosted website, any form of backup storage, file locker services, personal media (e.g. photos, movies, music or any other form of media) is not permitted. If you are using more of any resource than is considered realistic or reasonable for the relevant platform then you will be notified via ticket to reduce your usage. If any user' usage of a resource imposes a risk to the integrity of the platform, they may have their service(s) suspended to prevent any disruptions.

On our VPS platform, CPU, network and disk I/O are shared among other users on the same node. If your VPS is persistently using these resource(s) for a prolonged period of time and/or disrupting the experience of other users sharing the same node, we will notify you to reduce your usage via ticket. Severe cases may result in your VPS being rebooted, shutdown and/or suspended. Failure to acknowledge an abuse ticket will result in a suspension of your VPS. After bandwidth limits have been fully used, we will rate limit your network speed to 10 Mbit.

1. What If I wanted to upgrade your share host vertically? The largest plan you offer was 4gb. I know the VPS may be the anser but I love free Litespeed+Bunny in your share plan.

You might want to confirm, but I'm fairly certain I've seen them customize plans in the past for additional fees.

Thanked by 2speedypage Fabian47

@Fabian47 said:
    I have come to your live chat and I got no reply..so I will just comment here.
    2. How much percent is the share cpu usage in this plan? Does the RAM being dedicated?
    3. What If I wanted to upgrade your share host vertically? The largest plan you offer was 4gb. I know the VPS may be the anser but I love free Litespeed+Bunny in your share plan.
    4. Do you have any plan for India DC.

1. It is free for all sites hosted on SpeedyPage web hosting.

2. You can max your RAM usage 24/7 on all products. CPU is technically fair use in terms of if you start locking the CPU 100% 24/7, we may ask you why but we are yet since our inception to enforce this on anyone.

3. We do offer custom plans, just reach out to our support.

4. Soon :tm:

Thanked by 2greentea Fabian47
  • xmmxmm Member

Are Singapore and Japan also using ryzen 7950?