Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Shared Hosting of Cloud Instance - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Shared Hosting of Cloud Instance

2»

Comments

• quantum_quantum_ Member
    edited April 2023

ipage.com . I hadn't used shared hosting for years and it was intended as a temporary solution, when ProtonMail's email Bridge was not ready for prime-time.

Really a shame about Bridge but I don't trust it anymore. I absolutely need reliable email for business and I wasn't receiving emails with Bridge. Lost alot of money trusting it.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member

Did you check Infomaniak's OpenStack cloud?

https://www.infomaniak.com/en/hosting/public-cloud

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited April 2023

Do you really need OpenStack? Will you be creating and destroying instances via API?

https://www.ramnode.com offers OpenStack, they have a location in EU (NL) and they keep their ranges fairly clean for sending email.

Edit: Just read further in the thread… if you can’t pass BuyVM’s fraud checks, you won’t pass RamNode’s checks either. So this is impossible too.

• try zoho

edited April 2023

jiggawattzI don't know that I need OpenStack. I just need one persistent instance. I'm looking now into whether I can bend ProtonVPN to my will and forward email ports to me from a remote location. Then I can run my own server locally, and no additional cost.

A world of hurt for Fortinet and Zoho after users fail to install patches

@emgh said:

@quantum_ said:
    Ok I see. But something is bad wrong with their system. No idea how many times they've charged me, and I can not make the system work.

How about you check instead of posting here?

How about I check? That's an idea.

Good old Francisco, who has been in this thread, has now charged me $85 yesterday, and another $85 today! Who knows, maybe another $85 tomorrow... I guess in revenge for me posting my experience with his service. And zero emails to me about it.

Reverse those charges Francisco or I'll do chargebacks. Don't do this kind of thing. :( You know how this looks, don't you?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@quantum_ said: Reverse those charges Francisco or I'll do chargebacks. Don't do this kind of thing. You know how this looks, don't you?

?

Sounds like pre-auths?

But, go ahead, do a chargeback, and you'll end up on every fraud list we follow.

Francisco

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

@quantum_ said: Reverse those charges Francisco or I'll do chargebacks. Don't do this kind of thing. You know how this looks, don't you?

?

Sounds like pre-auths?

But, go ahead, do a chargeback, and you'll end up on every fraud list we follow.

Francisco

♫ Sometimes I'm thinking that I love you, but I know it's only lust ♫

edited April 2023

@Francisco said:

?

Sounds like pre-auths?

Francisco

Fair enough. Since that's what you want.

(PS - {sigh} Francisco, you know or should know that to report this as 'fraud' is a direct violation of the F.C.R.A. for which I would hold you legally responsible. Not to mention, your behavior here makes you look really bad. It's a question of trust)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@quantum_ said: 'fraud' is a direct violation of the F.C.R.A.

Said nothing about classifying it as fraud. It just so happens both of those services allow us to report abusive users, or users that file chargebacks.

Many hosts would love a heads up on a user that threatens, in public no less, to file chargebacks over pre-auth charges on a credit card.

Really, we've been at this for > 12 years. We aren't some skiddy host that's going to go broke if we don't get that $84 from you. The fact you've had a hell of a time just finding stock available shows that we offer a solid product that speaks for itself.

You're welcome to send over a ticket and I can see if I can help. You're welcome to file a chargeback, and we'll make it very well known that it happened.

You're the one that started with the threats, not me.

Francisco

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@quantum_ said: Reverse those charges Francisco or I'll do chargebacks. Don't do this kind of thing. :( You know how this looks, don't you?

Here's an idea: why not get over yourself and instead just try to interact normally with a provider?

If an inadvertent mistake has been made by a provider, open a ticket, describing the issue and asking them politely to look into the matter