Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN in 2023- Wireguard & 100k Downloads in Playstore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN in 2023- Wireguard & 100k Downloads in Playstore

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited March 2023 in General

Just a quick update on FastestVPN:
They have added Wireguard a couple of weeks ago and also seem to have gotten a bit more popular. Android Playstore Downloads show as 100.000+ now, which of course is not a lot compared to the 1 Million Downloads Keepsolid has, or Millions of Downloads that NordVPN etc get, but it's definitely a huge step away from the 10.000ish downloads they were sitting at for a long time. In comparison, Ivacy has some 500.000 Downloads, same like TorGuard, Hidemyname VPN and Mullvad (which I expected to have more given its popularity, but probably many Mullvad customers prefer manual setup over provider app).

While Downloads on one platform (Google Playstore), certainly are not the only thing that counts when measuring a providers popularity it still is a noticeable increase that can be made out and I am very happy about the Wireguard addition (as I am sure many would agree).

FastestVPN has really developed to become decent alternative VPN and/or a budget VPN solution, especially if your goal is just switching IPs for cheaper online shopping (GOG, Flix Turkey etc), circumventing geo restrictions, watch some streaming services (Flix worked last time I tested) or just have an extra security layer while on public (/airport) wifi. They also have a couple of locations with Double-Hop feature, which some people may also come to appreciate.

The speeds I get on my 250/40 DSL line usually range from 50-130 Mbit/s (Download) and 20-30 Mbit/s (Upload) depending on time, server and location. These speeds are more than enough for the above mentioned use cases imho.

Here's a recent Speedtest I did from Germany using the Spain location + Wireguard on mobile phone (wifi, 5ghz; 101 Mbit/s Download, 28 Mbit/s Upload): https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/9154175120

Fwiw, FastestVPN seems to have realised their growth, too. The lifetime plan on their website has increased from 20$ to 40$ last time I checked (still cheaper at Stacksocial, though). Since 40$ also gets me Ivacy Lifetime, I would probably still choose Ivacy over FastestVPN as the better, more mature overall VPN, but everyone who is looking for a budget solution, or already has gotten FastestVPN can rejoice as it seems to be gradually improving.

Tl;dr: FastestVPN appears to be gradually improving. Added Wireguard, 100k downloads in Playstore.

Thanked by 1Mumbly

Comments

• @Ympker said: Fwiw, FastestVPN seems to have realised their growth, too. The lifetime plan on their website has increased from 20$ to 40$ last time I checked (still cheaper at Stacksocial, though).

This plan with increased price show now: 10 Multi-login

Previously it was:

Lifetime special deal
    Plan Includes:
    2TB Cloud Storage
    Unblock Netflix
    Password Manager
    Ublock Disney+
    15 Multi-login
    Unblock BBC iPlayer
    P2P Optimized Servers
    Unblock HotStar
    No Logs
    Unblock Amazon P.Videos

I purchased old 15 Multi-login Lifetime special plan (with bfcm20 code -10% off = $18), but when I check my idle account now I see two 10 multi login subscriptions:

Lifetime Special Deal
    0000-00-00
    Active 10

Lifetime Special Deal
    0000-00-00
    Active 10

Can you check what your account show in case you have this old "Lifetime special deal" (from their webpage not stacksocial)? :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2023

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: Fwiw, FastestVPN seems to have realised their growth, too. The lifetime plan on their website has increased from 20$ to 40$ last time I checked (still cheaper at Stacksocial, though).

This plan with increased price show now: 10 Multi-login

Previously it was:

Lifetime special deal
    Plan Includes:
    2TB Cloud Storage
    Unblock Netflix
    Password Manager
    Ublock Disney+
    15 Multi-login
    Unblock BBC iPlayer
    P2P Optimized Servers
    Unblock HotStar
    No Logs
    Unblock Amazon P.Videos

I purchased old 15 Multi-login Lifetime special plan (with bfcm20 code -10% off = $18), but when I check my idle account now I see two 10 multi login subscriptions:

Lifetime Special Deal
    0000-00-00
    Active 10

Lifetime Special Deal
    0000-00-00
    Active 10

Can you check what your account show in case you have this old "Lifetime special deal" (from their webpage not stacksocial)? :)

Hmm, seems like they changed that then. Maybe open a ticket about it :)

I'm sorry, I bought from Stacksocial, so I don't have the official website's plan.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 2023

@Ympker said: Maybe open a ticket about it

Ticket? It seems to me like they simply replaced 15-multi login subscription with two standard 10-multi login subscriptions, so everthing's fine or even better (not that I really need it).

• @Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: Maybe open a ticket about it

Ticket? It seems to me like they simply replaced 15-multi login subscription with two standard 10-multi login subscriptions, so everthing's fine or even better (not that I really need it).

Ah, I thought it was reduced from 15 to 10 without seeing the two subscription part. In that case, enjoy :D I probably would only need 5 devices max anyway. Since they count only concurrently connected devices probably even less. Keepsolid is a bit of a hassle since they count devices no matter if connected at same time or not and I usually have to remove and add devices on a regular basis.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

That changed the streaming servers so now instead of residential IPs they’re from psychz and no longer unblock Hulu

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2023

@bruh21 said:
    That changed the streaming servers so now instead of residential IPs they’re from psychz and no longer unblock Hulu

Ah, that sucks. Don't have Hulu, so can't test. Crunchyroll still unblocks with US/UK locations easily.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@bruh21 said:

Ah, that sucks. Don't have Hulu, so can't test. Crunchyroll still unblocks with US/UK locations easily.

It at least still unlocks Netflix

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @bruh21 said:

@Ympker said:

@bruh21 said:

It at least still unlocks Netflix

I would assume their focus with unblocking would be on Netflix and Disney as the bigger players, but of course one would hope that their other streaming servers would also work. Maybe open a ticket about the issue.