Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any offshore (from US) domain registrar with ok with legal adult content?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any offshore (from US) domain registrar with ok with legal adult content?

momomomomomo Member

would like to find domain registrars of foreign countries which are ok with legal adult content?
Sounds a bit stupid to share personal information with other foreign countries away from the US, but somehow a bit safer as long as remove copyrighted content and follow the US rules
What do you think? (not trying to break the laws, but also would like some privacy)

Comments

• sandozsandoz Veteran

Since you will respect all copyrights, dmca. Any location should be good.

But I should avoid US, since is DMCA was made by US and some providers really really follow sctrictly (not all) DMCA abuses and others. Even if you respect.

I recommend you use Netherlands or other Exotic location. Netherlands should be fine for you (this is for server)

For domains most of domains will work right even in US, unless I they strictly respect the law and have zero tolerance. Which usually is not the case.

Gandi.net and Nicenic are great for that.
    If you don't want to provide info in your domain then you should go with Incognet.io (@MannDude)

Other option is Njal.la (still a good option if you don't do shit), never had issues with them (I saw bad reviews but they are good if you don't do illegal things of their TOS etc), no info required.

Other option are gandi.net, EasyDNS.

Now for the hosting I should recommend you use any EU location that allow that content. (most countries)

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @sandoz said:
    For domains most of domains will work right even in US, unless I they strictly respect the law and have zero tolerance. Which usually is not the case.

You just lost me there, can you please explain a bit ?
    beside the confusion, so go with Gandi.net and Nicenic if ok sharing ID with foreign countries ?
    then go with Incognet.io or Njal.la if choose not to share the ID?
    Netherlands for adult content is always being mentioned, will really consider it. Thank you again.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited March 2023

@momomo said:

@sandoz said:

You just lost me there, can you please explain a bit ?
    beside the confusion, so go with Gandi.net and Nicenic if ok sharing ID with foreign countries ?
    then go with Incognet.io or Njal.la if choose not to share the ID?
    Netherlands for adult content is always being mentioned, will really consider it. Thank you again.

You asked for domains that have privacy. What you mean by that? You didn't specified.

You don't want to give your information? Then go with anonymous domains like Njal.la, Incognet.io, and others...

Gandi.net doesn't ask for ID (unless your order is marked as Fraud or anything like that). Unless they changed that recently...

Njal.la and Incognet doesn't ask for your ID. As I know.

EdIT: check this https://offshore.cat (see domains)

Now I think it is clear.

Thanked by 1momomo