Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I access my VPS via VNC (SolusVM)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I access my VPS via VNC (SolusVM)?

So I configured my VPS to use key based authentication, and then the other day I reinstalled Windows and forgot to copy my key first lol

Disabled password auth so my only option is going in through SolusVM, but VNC only gives a password. What's the username supposed to be?

Thanks

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

It's whatever user you created or were installed with. I think all SolusVM OS are usually root.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • on Console:

user: root
    password: your root password

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @MikeA said:
    It's whatever user you created or were installed with. I think all SolusVM OS are usually root.

Now I think about it, is VNC just a way to give access in case I close off outside connections with a firewall or something?

So it would be my normal log in, in which case I'm f'd because I disabled password auth?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@hostnoob said:

@MikeA said:

Now I think about it, is VNC just a way to give access in case I close off outside connections with a firewall or something?

So it would be my normal log in, in which case I'm f'd because I disabled password auth?

no, your ssh settings won't matter when connecting directly to the server like you would sitting in front of it on your PC.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@hostnoob said:

@MikeA said:

Sounds like that might be the case

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @MikeA said:

@hostnoob said:

@MikeA said:

no, your ssh settings won't matter when connecting directly to the server like you would sitting in front of it on your PC.

Ah, true.

For some reason I still couldn't get it to work.

However I was able to use the "rescue mode" and get access that way

Thanks for the help anyway everyone