Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR Relay/Bridge - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TOR Relay/Bridge

2»

Comments

• @MannDude said:
    LOL at that Tweet @treesmokah

Don't get me wrong, Tor has a lot of vile and horrible shit on it. So does the clearnet internet. Still a useful tool. Just find it funny that Tor decided to touch base and comment on that.

Yes.
    In my opinion such network should be politically neutral.
    But frankly, it isn't.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

Don't get me wrong, Tor has a lot of vile and horrible shit on it. So does the clearnet internet. Still a useful tool. Just find it funny that Tor decided to touch base and comment on that.

Yes.
    But frankly, it isn't.

But the product works.. and, I always use end to end encryption, so who cares?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@treesmokah said: In my opinion such network should be politically neutral.

And it is, nobody can know you are a trumpistani in there because of encryption and hidden IP.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

Yes.
    But frankly, it isn't.

But the product works.. and, I always use end to end encryption, so who cares?

You don't know if it works.
    Most of the funds come from American Govt agencies.

All crackdowns of Tor services do not disclose attack vectors.
    Intelligence agencies de-anonymizing Tor traffic is common knowledge, Tor DDoS was used for pushing insane traffic through HS Guards(which are largely owned by feds) to de-anon services.

Tor is not enough to keep anyone anon.

Thanked by 2kait chihcherng
  • Please don't takeover my topic with discussions if TOR is good or bad.
    I just wanted to know which LET providers allow a Relay/Bridge or even Exit Node in order to update the good/bad ISP list

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Is Tor2Web still a thing?
    Google used to index a ton of sketchy stuff off those sites since they all ran adsense

• @johnnyquestion said:
    Is Tor2Web still a thing?
    Google used to index a ton of sketchy stuff off those sites since they all ran adsense

There are multiple other sites for this, most of them are MITM and will hijack ur shit. Many of them are fed run as well to caught ppl visiting "naughty" sites.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@SirNeo said:
    Please don't takeover my topic with discussions if TOR is good or bad.
    I just wanted to know which LET providers allow a Relay/Bridge or even Exit Node in order to update the good/bad ISP list

• I'd add https://urdn.com.ua to the list. Great folks in Ukraine and a solid service. EDIT: They're already on your list, I didn't see them at first glance.
    • I'd update our AS info to show AS210630. The previous AS was NexusBytes, back when our IP space was announced on their network before we announced them on our own.
    Thanked by 1SirNeo
  • @MannDude said:

The "vile and horrible shit" on Tor is much more prevalent than on the regular internet. The regular internet is useful. Tor, not so.

• kaitkait Member

@chihcherng said: The "vile and horrible shit" on Tor is much more prevalent than on the regular internet. The regular internet is useful. Tor, not so.

Any data to back that up? Last time I checked I can get all the horrific imagery and videos about all sort of degenerate vile shit just on discord/twitter and other websites. The regular Internet is being destroyed, and Tor is glowing. i2p and loki are here to stay (for now)

• @chihcherng said:

@MannDude said:

The "vile and horrible shit" on Tor is much more prevalent than on the regular internet. The regular internet is useful. Tor, not so.

You can access the whole Internet with Tor. That's what exit nodes are for.

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

Yes.
    But frankly, it isn't.

It was just virtue signalling nobody really cared or did anything.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2023

From a question about providers allowing Tor, this thread derailed into politics, conspiracies, and content offered through Tor.

Oh well... this is LowEndTalk.

Thanked by 1SirNeo
  • @MannDude i have updated your AS and also added some other providers that were recommended (will add the next on the next update)

I will work now at a bigger update (that will take me at least 2-3 months for documentation) so if are other LET providers friendly with TOR can reply to this thread and until summer will be on the list.