Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small review on "ht-hosting" and how do they apply taxes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small review on "ht-hosting" and how do they apply taxes

Long story short. I usually do not post anything bad and do not say bad words about providers, but this case is special. Would say it's a "scam divorce".

I do have a VAT ID, so in general, it allows me to revert taxes, so it should be 0%.

I've created a ticket with some questions and asked to add my VAT ID, so it could be reverted, it was done by support but in the end, I can see, the same price, but just the field with VAT has gotten removed.

Here are the proofs: https://imgur.com/a/3MWp09R

Of course, I've contacted support regarding this, on which I've received the most dump reply that I had over the past 10 years (2 times the same text, but in different languages). I do not understand German and do not have any clue about "Germans" law, but that's not really about that, right? We're in the EU zone, so we should follow the global "rules" :)

Here is the support answer: https://imgur.com/a/jLL2ZoQ

Thanked by 1kasodk

Comments

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited March 2023

If you have an EU VAT number they should just remove the 19% VAT. (Reverse charge on EU VAT)
    Charging 19% extra instead of VAT is fraud.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

On the other hand I live in Denmark and still charged me the 19% German VAT. Which I of course don't complain about but find weird since it's normally 25% otherwise.

Also, I ordered a Ryzen system which turned out to be a old EPYC one. I figured through a YABS but find it unsettling that this could happen and someone who doesn't benchmark their servers could be paying for something they don't get. I did get transferred to the correct one.

• @kasodk said:
    If you have an EU VAT number they should just remove the 19% VAT. (Reverse charge on EU VAT)
    Charging 19% extra instead of VAT is fraud.

Yeah, this is what about I was speaking. Instead they just hided "VAT" and still i need to pay it as price is exactly the same :)

• TanXSTanXS Member
    edited March 2023

@labze said: Also, I ordered a Ryzen system which turned out to be a old EPYC one. I figured through a YABS but find it unsettling that this could happen and someone who doesn't benchmark their servers could be paying for something they don't get. I did get transferred to the correct one.

You can check CPU model also by checking /proc/cpuinfo

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited March 2023

@labze said:
    On the other hand I live in Denmark and still charged me the 19% German VAT. Which I of course don't complain about but find weird since it's normally 25% otherwise.

If they sell for less than €10000/yearly to consumers in other EU countries they can charge the local VAT rate (19%) and pay VAT to Germany. Otherwise, they have to collect and pay VAT (25% in Denmark) to each EU country.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @kasodk said: Charging 19% extra instead of VAT is fraud.

lol have you ever been in an airport duty free shop