Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheappest Object storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheappest Object storage

I browse 10-20 object storage but end of the day it's cost me more money. For example I choosed highly advartise object storage service here! (Not taking name) They wont charge for BW in the biggning but when billed you they charge some $xxx amount. Why said I over used - I don't have problem to pay for BW but not paying if you hide something..

So I'm looking for really cheap Object storage... af anyone can suggest me :smile:

Thanks

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• IBM offers 25GB per month for free.
    https://free-for.dev/#/?id=major-cloud-providers

• LisoLiso Member

What location ?

• HostWildHostWild Member, Host Rep

Hello! @webontop :)

Exactly how much storage space you need?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

Scaleway, 75GB storage free + 75GB egress free
    For TBs cheapest one will be Hetzner Cloud with MinIO + Hetzner Storage Box or iCloud E2.

Thanked by 2raindog308 hocht
  • @Liso said:
    What location ?

Any

• loayloay Member

@AXYZE said: Hetzner Storage Box

It seems like I am the only one who gets long downtime with Hetzner Storage Box almost every month.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • Based on a number of cost-optimized projects, I've looked at the vast majority of S3 storage on the market, and ultimately you'll find that you can't get anything for less than $5/TB. But with Minio self-hosted, you can get some crazy prices, such as a combined cost of around $2/TB.

But the price to pay is complex maintenance costs, and a level of redundancy that is not as good as commercial offerings. By the way it's usually impossible to have many regions, you only have one or several local single point clusters.

But if you're after something crazy with high capacity, I'd say go for it.

This is extraordinarily cost effective when you have more than 100T of data.

• AFAIK iDrive e2 is the cheapest option for $4/TB with no ingress/egress fees.

• Storj.io $4/TB/mth

Thanked by 2greentea lll
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

More info needed.

Amazon can be less than $1 per TB if I remember correctly with their Deep Glacier class.

That’s what I use.

Obviously expensive if you need to download it regularely.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

@anbelevebel said:
    AFAIK iDrive e2 is the cheapest option for $4/TB with no ingress/egress fees.

On e2 egress is paid after you break bandwidth/storage ratio by more than 3 (if you storage 1TB then you get 3TB free egress). Its generous limit, but its not "no fees".

Thanked by 1ericls
  • @AXYZE said:

@anbelevebel said:
    AFAIK iDrive e2 is the cheapest option for $4/TB with no ingress/egress fees.

On e2 egress is paid after you break bandwidth/storage ratio by more than 3 (if you storage 1TB then you get 3TB free egress). Its generous limit, but its not "no fees".

That’s really bad. I didn’t know that.

• @Dazzle said:
    Storj.io $4/TB/mth

150 GB free also.

Thanked by 2DentFuse greentea
  • iDrive e2. Super cheap and fast.

• loayloay Member
    edited March 2023

@webontop said: I choosed highly advartise object storage service here!

__

@vitobotta said: iDrive e2. Super cheap and fast.

I think he meant idrive e2.

• alt_alt_ Member

Wasabi S3 / Backblaze B2 / Serverius Object Storage.

• @loay said:

@AXYZE said: Hetzner Storage Box

It seems like I am the only one who gets long downtime with Hetzner Storage Box almost every month.

I used them for 2 months long ago.. What I think is they run the service from VPS or something where the CPU load is limited. So when you get streaming or over populated it's starts gets down autometically. So I left them...

Thanked by 1loay
  • @danblaze said:
    Based on a number of cost-optimized projects, I've looked at the vast majority of S3 storage on the market, and ultimately you'll find that you can't get anything for less than $5/TB. But with Minio self-hosted, you can get some crazy prices, such as a combined cost of around $2/TB.

But the price to pay is complex maintenance costs, and a level of redundancy that is not as good as commercial offerings. By the way it's usually impossible to have many regions, you only have one or several local single point clusters.

But if you're after something crazy with high capacity, I'd say go for it.

This is extraordinarily cost effective when you have more than 100T of data.

too much complex even run it also the hugh latency in Asian region.

• @TimRoo said:

@Dazzle said:
    Storj.io $4/TB/mth

150 GB free also.

128MB files upload limits :(

• @alt_ said:

I used Wasabi but I do't like it because they don't have rsync and charging on deleted files.

Backblaze B2 - I wants to try them.

Serverius Object Storage - Anyone have any idea abou their service? Because I found very bad reviews on Internet.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited March 2023

@webontop said:

@alt_ said:

I used Wasabi but I do't like it because they don't have rsync and charging on deleted files.

Backblaze B2 - I wants to try them.

Serverius Object Storage - Anyone have any idea abou their service? Because I found very bad reviews on Internet.

Glade if you find which one suit you best. Also take look at Bunny Storage and Cloudflare R2 if you have huge egress traffic. Never mind about Serverius, I am using their free 50G bucket, and works good for me.

• tjntjn Member

@webontop said:

Object storage isn't rsync compatible anyway.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited March 2023

BTW, OVH Cloud has recently launched their public cloud S3 object storage and you can use the code "FREETRIAL" to obtain a credit of $270 for free.

• @alt_ said:
    BTW, OVH Cloud has recently launched their public cloud S3 object storage and you can use the code "FREETRIAL" to obtain a credit of $270 for free.

Valid for 30 days :(

• I found something sia object storage - kind of good.. anybody else wants to checkit out?

• @Dazzle said: Storj.io $4/TB/mth

Storj is the cheapest, and most "redundant" option from my searches.

• alt_alt_ Member

@webontop said:

@alt_ said:

Valid for 30 days :(

Oh, didn't notice that, mb.

• TrKTrK Member

if s3 can work try idrive e2.

• @webontop said:

@TimRoo said:

@Dazzle said:
    Storj.io $4/TB/mth

150 GB free also.

128MB files upload limits :(

Sorry didn't realize that. Ick.

• ardaarda Member

I'm hosting my mastodon assets with idrive e2 + cloudflare cdn. Quite happy so far!