Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


ā€ŗ Is Bunny Stream Pricing expensive?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Is Bunny Stream Pricing expensive?

NebesNebes Member

Bunny charges from 0.005 peg GB, that is 5 bucks per TB - for me, compared for example to Hetzner which is charging from 5 bucks but for 20 TB it looks very expensive or did I miss anything more important? šŸ‘€šŸ™ˆ I don't need encode anything, it is bandwidth hungry free adult content.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

  • AFIK Hetzner has no streaming service nor CDN.

    Thanked by 2Erisa hampered
  • NebesNebes Member

    @404error said:
    AFIK Hetzner has no streaming service nor CDN.

    Was always streaming from own servers šŸ¤·

  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

    @Nebes said:
    Bunny charges from 0.005 peg GB, that is 5 bucks per TB - for me, compared for example to Hetzner which is charging from 5 bucks but for 20 TB it looks very expensive or did I miss anything more important? šŸ‘€šŸ™ˆ I don't need encode anything, it is bandwidth hungry free adult content.

    Where are a majority of your visitors located?

  • NebesNebes Member
    edited March 21

    @1gservers said:

    @Nebes said:
    Bunny charges from 0.005 peg GB, that is 5 bucks per TB - for me, compared for example to Hetzner which is charging from 5 bucks but for 20 TB it looks very expensive or did I miss anything more important? šŸ‘€šŸ™ˆ I don't need encode anything, it is bandwidth hungry free adult content.

    Where are a majority of your visitors located?

    50 Europe 50 USA I don't care about the rest.

  • niknik Member, Host Rep

    Hetzner doesn't allow adult content.

  • NebesNebes Member
    edited March 21

    I do> @nik said:

    Hetzner doesn't allow adult content.

    It is.

  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

    @Nebes said:

    @1gservers said:

    @Nebes said:
    Bunny charges from 0.005 peg GB, that is 5 bucks per TB - for me, compared for example to Hetzner which is charging from 5 bucks but for 20 TB it looks very expensive or did I miss anything more important? šŸ‘€šŸ™ˆ I don't need encode anything, it is bandwidth hungry free adult content.

    Where are a majority of your visitors located?

    50 Europe 50 USA I don't care about the rest.

    How many TB per day do you push?

  • @Nebes said:
    Bunny charges from 0.005 peg GB, that is 5 bucks per TB - for me, compared for example to Hetzner which is charging from 5 bucks but for 20 TB it looks very expensive or did I miss anything more important? šŸ‘€šŸ™ˆ I don't need encode anything, it is bandwidth hungry free adult content.

    How can you compare both when one give you servers and other provides you worldwide pop with video encoding and streaming out of the box. And if you dont need that out of the box solution stick with hetzner.

    Thanked by 1nick_
  • NebesNebes Member

    @1gservers said:

    @Nebes said:

    @1gservers said:

    @Nebes said:
    Bunny charges from 0.005 peg GB, that is 5 bucks per TB - for me, compared for example to Hetzner which is charging from 5 bucks but for 20 TB it looks very expensive or did I miss anything more important? šŸ‘€šŸ™ˆ I don't need encode anything, it is bandwidth hungry free adult content.

    Where are a majority of your visitors located?

    50 Europe 50 USA I don't care about the rest.

    How many TB per day do you push?

    Currently zero )

  • NebesNebes Member

    @sreekanth850 said:
    How can you compare both when one give you servers and other provides you worldwide pop with video encoding and streaming out of the box. And if you dont need that out of the box solution stick with hetzner.

    Most bunny reviewers are saying that they would prefer not to reencode the video, so basically encoding service is not the priority for most. I a,m just trying to compare and understand the pricing.

  • sanvitsanvit Member

    Those two are fundamentally different products. Bunny is a managed CDN, which provides multiple PoPs around the globe that caches the content so it will load faster for the end user. It would cost you more to put servers in each regions, setup geo-dns, etc. However, if Hetzner works for you, go with them. It should be cheaper if you don't need anything else

  • @Nebes said:

    @404error said:
    AFIK Hetzner has no streaming service nor CDN.

    Was always streaming from own servers šŸ¤·

    Well, renting a server and add some video to a web page that people can watch IS NOT the same thing as a steraming service.
    Its liek comparing a bicily to an jet fighter.

    Thanked by 2hampered Plioser
  • @Nebes said:

    @sreekanth850 said:
    I a,m just trying to compare and understand the pricing.

    But you cannot, because you are comparing different things.
    If you don't want reencode, then check Bunny CDN service + storage.

    But then, if your users are happy with your current setup... why change it?

  • @Nebes said:

    @sreekanth850 said:
    How can you compare both when one give you servers and other provides you worldwide pop with video encoding and streaming out of the box. And if you dont need that out of the box solution stick with hetzner.

    Most bunny reviewers are saying that they would prefer not to reencode the video, so basically encoding service is not the priority for most. I a,m just trying to compare and understand the pricing.

    This is a very generic statement. And i think you are assuming a lot. Any company will develop features what the users demands. Even i had submitted feature request for websockets and they told its is not a highly requested feature. That means they definitely have a tracking mechanism of collecting user feedback.

  • NebesNebes Member
    edited March 21

    Thanks for replies, it looks like i don't understand the difference between streaming and putting the video online šŸ¤¦

  • NebesNebes Member

    @404error said:

    But then, if your users are happy with your current setup... why change it?

    Simply because i am doing a new project from scratch based on my previous experience, unfortunately pretty old, so that is why i asked šŸ¤·

  • umzakumzak Member
    edited March 21

    edit:sorry, misunderstood

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator
    edited March 21

    We actually just did a video at LowEndBoxTV about Bunny Stream.

    Might be of some use to anyone looking to learn the basics of Bunny Stream.

    Not trying to derail your thread, @Nebes :)

    Thanked by 1Nebes
  • LisoLiso Member

    @jbiloh said:
    We actually just did a video at LowEndBoxTV about Bunny Stream.

    Might be of some use to anyone looking to learn the basics of Bunny Stream.

    Not trying to derail your thread, @Nebes :)

    Is that @AXYZE ? Wow keep up the good work :smiley:

    Thanked by 1raindog308
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @Liso said:

    @jbiloh said:
    We actually just did a video at LowEndBoxTV about Bunny Stream.

    Might be of some use to anyone looking to learn the basics of Bunny Stream.

    Not trying to derail your thread, @Nebes :)

    Is that @AXYZE ? Wow keep up the good work :smiley:

    Yup, that is community member @AXYZE

    He does great work.

  • @Nebes said:

    @404error said:

    But then, if your users are happy with your current setup... why change it?

    Simply because i am doing a new project from scratch based on my previous experience, unfortunately pretty old, so that is why i asked šŸ¤·

    Qute honestly, I think you should keep it simple.
    The projects gets traction?

    • go for the CDN

    • not enought? add the storage.

    _still not enought, go for the streaming.

    Load balancing probably needs to be looked at regardless. But that's out of my depth... :(

  • Is GCore truly PAYG from $0, I'm in the progress of migrating videos and the upload functions in a web app from CloudFlare Stream to Bunny Stream as I like the user experience, but maybe I should have looked at GCore as well...?

  • 404error404error Member
    edited March 22

    @hampered said:

    Is GCore truly PAYG from $0, I'm in the progress of migrating videos and the upload functions in a web app from CloudFlare Stream to Bunny Stream as I like the user experience, but maybe I should have looked at GCore as well...?

    GCORE used to have a free tier.
    But that was a cuple of so years ago.. I tried it then but at the time I had issue just browsing their website, the connection would reset.
    Sometyhing about IPv6 or whatnot. I don't really remember but it sounded like it was my ISPs fault. Regardless, I decided it was best not to use them. out of concernt that other would have the same issue as me.

  • alt_alt_ Member

    I used to use Cloudflare for handling massy stream content, but they seems have more strict TOS and content detecting. Besides, I got Stackpath from Sonicfast.io with almost unlimited traffic. However, Iā€™m not sure if it is the case for now.

  • GCORE used to have a free tier.
    But that was a cuple of so years ago.. I tried it then but at the time I had issue just browsing their website, the connection would reset.

    Thanks, I signed up to Gcore this morning and the first thing I noticed was their dashboard was really slow loading between pages. I played their test video and it played for a few seconds then buffered. I uploaded 2 videos and couldn't tell they were transcoding and then the same buffer loading issue. Deleted my account and
    I just finished migrating the front end over to Bunny Stream. So far performance has been perfect, plus the API was quite a bit simpler than Cloudflare stream.

  • @hampered said:

    GCORE used to have a free tier.
    But that was a cuple of so years ago.. I tried it then but at the time I had issue just browsing their website, the connection would reset.

    Thanks, I signed up to Gcore this morning and the first thing I noticed was their dashboard was really slow loading between pages. I played their test video and it played for a few seconds then buffered. I uploaded 2 videos and couldn't tell they were transcoding and then the same buffer loading issue. Deleted my account and
    I just finished migrating the front end over to Bunny Stream. So far performance has been perfect, plus the API was quite a bit simpler than Cloudflare stream.

    Yes biggest plus with bunny is their easy to use API and you can set libraries and each library has its own customization and set traffic usage.

Sign In or Register to comment.