Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM LA Down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM LA Down?

2»

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited December 2013

Customers tend to think it's okay to jump the queue and demand answers and resolutions via IRC. They expect immediate responses and higher priority over others for their $5/yearly limited support service. And ironically it's the limited support ($5.00/$7.50 yearly customers) that are the most impatient.

That's not always the case, but mostly.

Thanked by 2Jeffrey isalem
  • @Ishaq said:
    Customers tend to think it's okay to jump the queue and demand answers and resolutions via IRC.

Maybe they do. You think that justifies you telling them brazenly to f*uck off?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @alexvolk said:

You got the e-mail yet? ;)

• @joelgm - No it doesn't. It was the first time I've ever swore at a customer and it will certainly be the last. I've apologized to netomx. It was unacceptable and unprofessional.

• @joelgm said:
    justifies you telling them brazenly to f*uck off?

Are you accusing me? Nice!

How about you read the post again? also I know how argumentative you are so I will not be posting on this thread again.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited December 2013

@Ishaq said:
    Are you accusing me?

I was talking about BlueVM.

• @BlueVM Have you ever been employed by a retail management company? I'm guessing you haven't, as retail employees learn how to take shit from customers and be nice back.

• @Jeffrey - I made a mistake, it won't happen again.

• @wych said:

Just one hour ago, Total downtime this month close to 6 days!

Hello, 

Unfortunately as many of you are aware we had a hardware failure on S1-NY. If you're receiving this message it means that you had a VPS on S1-NY and that we were unable to salvage the data on your VPS. We've replaced the failed drives and have setup Feathur so that you can login and rebuild your VPS. If you would like we are offering one month of free service for the issue and while it won't replace any data you may have lost we hope that it will give you adequate time to rebuild and setup your services again. 

It's rare that a server failure like this happens and we understand that no one likes to loose data. We did our very best to attempt to recover the data, but in the end there was nothing we could salvage. This is why we encourage and implore our users to maintain their own backups, just in case an event like this happens. 

Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or wish to request the credit for your service please feel free to open a ticket with us at: https://bluevm.com 

Best Regards,
    BlueVM Support
    https://bluevm.com

@Ishaq said:
    Customers tend to think it's okay to jump the queue and demand answers and resolutions via IRC. They expect immediate responses and higher priority over others for their $5/yearly limited support service. And ironically it's the limited support ($5.00/$7.50 yearly customers) that are the most impatient.

And this is the person to whom it took 1 day to verify PayPal transaction and mark invoice as Paid! Fix your PayPal IPN! Amazing!

Impatient because it's only BlueVM issues and not customers:

Downtime -> Inform about this customers ? Huh! it's normal for what they're paying.

Disk failure and data loss -> Three days of downtime and only limited support on the LET.

The main problem is that @BlueVM became too BIG and can't handle all of this issues. (maybe not hiring more support staff and etc. MONEY, MONEY for the OWNER!)

When you're a small company everything was fixed very fast and now saying bad things to the customer!

• @Ishaq said:

Your 128MB plans (found: https://bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=49) make reference to a limited support clause, and a section 11 of your ToS which I cannot find.

Visiting your ToS page (found: https://bluevm.com/tos.php?section=11#) reveals that there are only 10 sections. Is your limited support clause at least outlined anywhere?

If you're going to provide different treatment to a specific group of customers, wouldn't it make sense to inform them of the support policies they may or may not receive?

• @alexh said:
    If you're going to provide different treatment to a specific group of customers, wouldn't it make sense to inform them of the support policies they may or may not receive?

I think its common sense that what kind of support you can expect depends on the amount of money you pay
    check the burstnet posts lol.

• @Mark_R said:
    I think its common sense that what kind of support you can expect depends on the amount of money you pay check the burstnet posts lol.

I'm well aware of this, but you missed the point.

The term "limited support" is actually pretty general. Where does the limitation come in? Is it limited by amount of inquiries? Type of inquiry? Is response time going to be longer? I don't know, because no details are given.

Many hosts here are targeting low-budget clientèle, and are able to provide quality support and service for similar pricing as BlueVM. It's not fair to basically imply that you won't receive an acceptable level of support unless you pay more.

• @alexh said:
    The term "limited support" is actually pretty general. Where does the limitation come in? Is it limited by amount of inquiries? Type of inquiry? Is response time going to be longer? I don't know, because no details are given.

overall support.

• If I look to the whole conversation the "customer" didn't performed well too.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Mark_R said:
    overall support.

Overall support is limited? That doesn't make sense. It's not fair to expect a customer to extrapolate an intricate definition from a simple term.

• @alexh said:
    Overall support is limited? That doesn't make sense. It's not fair to expect a customer to extrapolate an intricate definition from a simple term.

If you dont get the common sense thing i posted before then just say so.

• @Mark_R said:
    If you dont get the common sense thing i posted before then just say so.

Now you are being rude and condescending.

The issue here is not with quality of support versus cost, it is referencing an important piece of information that affects your service greatly but doesn't actually exist.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited December 2013

@alexh said:
    Now you are being rude and condescending.

my apologies if i made you upset somehow,
    that wasn't my intention.

• Lower paid clients have a lower priority than higher paid clients. This is not only for the hosting industry, but for other companies/networks too. This mostly goes toward pre-paid cell phone clients and non-contract cell phone clients when it comes to cell phone networks.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

What really gets me is that I have experienced these data losses from a lot of other leb providers so I have to wonder what comfort does raid really provide. Is it that some of these leb providers really dont know how to fix their server issues properly or perhaps in a timely fashion??? Sorry, not trying to derail but it really confuses me... im glad I didnt have anything important on my @bluevm vps and sorry for those that did in this circumstance.

• @risharde said:
    What really gets me is that I have experienced these data losses from a lot of other leb providers so I have to wonder what comfort does raid really provide. Is it that some of these leb providers really dont know how to fix their server issues properly or perhaps in a timely fashion??? Sorry, not trying to derail but it really confuses me... im glad I didnt have anything important on my bluevm vps and sorry for those that did in this circumstance.

RAID does not protect from a data loss. RAID can offer redundancy; however at best this will reduce the chance/time to data loss. RAID does not substitute for backups. At the prices many providers charge in the LEB market it is unreasonable to expect providers to take backups.

At least BlueVM do state clearly that backups are the clients responsibility:

Backups and Storage

>

1. BluevM Communications LLC is not responsible for maintaining or creating backups of >client data in any form. You, the customer, understand that you alone are responsible >for creating, maintaining and restoring your own backups of your data.

>

1. You, the customer, agree that BlueVM Communications LLC is not responsible in any >capacity, shape, method or form for ensuring your data is backed up or stored correctly. >While BlueVM Communications LLC will strive to maintain your data in its correct form >you agree that you can not and will not hold BlueVM Communications LLC responsible >for any data loss, corruption or loss of backups and understand that storage on our >services is provided without a warranty of any kind.
    Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n