Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHOIS Privacy when registrar's DNS and Nameserver is changed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHOIS Privacy when registrar's DNS and Nameserver is changed?

adwsislifeadwsislife Member
edited March 2023 in General

Hello Everyone
After reading this thread, I am very much interested to get a domain for personal usage (connect/access my vps via A record)

I am interested in buying it from namecheap as it gives free whois privacy.
(many of my friends use namecheap as their place to go for domains)

But once I get it, I am planning change it to cloudflare DNS ( I mean.... change nameservers to cloudflare nameservers and manage dns record in cloudflare) to attach my workers and tunnels as well.

Will whois privacy work even after its DNS management is moved to some other platform?

Hope I was able to explain my query properly :)

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Yes - it has nothing to do with the nameservers.

The privacy is applied by the registrar.

Thanked by 1adwsislife
  • @DP said:

Thanks for info. Appreciate it :)
    So.... if I move domain to some other registrar, then only it might get affected?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@adwsislife said:

@DP said:

So.... if I move domain to some other registrar, then only it might get affected?

Yes, in cases where where the next/winning registrar does not provide whois privacy.

Thanked by 1adwsislife
  • @DP said:

@adwsislife said:

@DP said:

Yes, in cases where where the next/winning registrar does not provide whois privacy.

Thx for clarification.
    Time to dump free domains (As freenom is facing issues) and get a paid one :smiley:

• @adwsislife said:

@DP said:

@adwsislife said:

@DP said:

Thx for clarification.
    Time to dump free domains (As freenom is facing issues) and get a paid one :smiley:

It's always good to go with paid instead of free no matter your paid provider provider whois privacy or not.

And make sure to have your current free domain for some more time and use proper reduction to your new domain

Thanked by 1adwsislife