Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hetzner IP setup price raise and goes down again.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner IP setup price raise and goes down again.

MixWPMixWP Member

I was using Hetzner for a few years already. Last year, they increased the IP setup price from € 0 to € 19/IP. I was kind of shocked cause of the price raise. But I still have to use it anyways since I'm moving to 10Gbps uplink and support saids that my old IPs could not move to the 10 Gbps uplink, so I brought 6 of them and paid 114 euros for the new IP setup. And this year, when I plan get another server with additional IP, I've found the price dropped to 4.9/IP setup. What a huge difference. This really makes me disappointed like being scammed. Although I know there's nothing I can do now. But it's still feels sad when I think of this.

Last year price list:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210728202837/https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing/

Current price list:
https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/ipv4-pricing/

Thanked by 1jlet88

Comments

• @MixWP said:
    What a huge difference. This really makes me disappointed like being scammed. Although I know there's nothing I can do now. But it's still feels sad when I think of this.

Good to know about the price reduction!

But why feel sad? Would you feel better if the prices remained high?

It's just market economics at work. Prices go up, sometimes they go down. Dozens of factors, including the classical variables of supply and demand. At least Hetzner had the integrity to lower the prices now, for whatever reasons, but that's a good thing. Maybe you could ask them and they might give you an answer. But at least they lowered prices, which is especially good these days with inflationary pressure all around us.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

• MixWPMixWP Member

@jlet88 said:

@MixWP said:
    What a huge difference. This really makes me disappointed like being scammed. Although I know there's nothing I can do now. But it's still feels sad when I think of this.

Good to know about the price reduction!

But why feel sad? Would you feel better if the prices remained high?

It's just market economics at work. Prices go up, sometimes they go down. Dozens of factors, including the classical variables of supply and demand. At least Hetzner had the integrity to lower the prices now, for whatever reasons, but that's a good thing. Maybe you could ask them and they might give you an answer. But at least they lowered prices, which is especially good these days with inflationary pressure all around us.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

I know it's good that they goes back down again. Just kind of feeling being scammed. Answers isn't really that important. As I'll have to use it anyways even they keep that high price. I'm only here to say out my feelings.....