Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any old account on vultr passed the free tier?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any old account on vultr passed the free tier?

I heared that lots of new accounts passed the free tier, but old accounts failed.
I hold an old account over 5 years, and spend over $20/m, the application still in process from March 8th.

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited March 2023

My account is old with no active services for years. It didn't seem to be qualified either.

• jwg29859jwg29859 Member
    edited March 2023

Makes a lot of sense if only brand-new accounts are qualified. A smart way to attract new customers.

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

My account was ~8 years old or so. Got approved for the free tier within 1 day.

Thanked by 1adly
  • 2015 account. It took them about 3 days to approve my application. I think it's been over a year since I ran any services via Vultr. Never spent >$5/m with them.

• sh97sh97 Member

2018 account, had some 2$ credit and an expired CC in there, got approved in a couple of days.

• meatonmeaton Member
    edited March 2023

Applied for the free tier program and was approved within 24 hours. I opened my Vultr account in 2016 so I wouldn't say they are only approving new accounts.