Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for user/s to share expenses for Dropbox Business Advanced subscription.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for user/s to share expenses for Dropbox Business Advanced subscription.

SpecsblueSpecsblue Member
edited March 2023 in Requests

Before commenting or DMing me, I’d appreciate if you took a minute and familiarized yourself with the details and specifics of their Advanced Business plan. You can find all the plans, including the Advanced, listed here.

Ideally what we'd like is someone responsible, who's after a long-term association/partnership, interested in the unlimited expanding storage capacity offered by the plan, rather than the social and sharing features that Dropbox has integrated.

Encrypting the entirety of your data will be a requirement, not only for the longetivty of the subscription... but just as important, for your privacy as well. Don't worry, it couldn't be easier or less of a hassle to do these days. If you need help in getting that started, we will make sure that you get off on the right foot. The last thing we'd want is for someone to back out after not understanding how to utilize their account to the fullest. Including helping you get a basic understanding of automation and data hoarding. If you are an advanced user, we look forward to seeing what tips we can pick up too!

The monthly price of the plan will be split evenly between all users, with no margins or upcharges.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Specsblue said: I have heard from my own users that they are already storing over 500TB+ and Dropbox can handle that without a problem.

>

Until dropbox does and audit and tells everyone to take a hike.

If Amazon & Azure can't/won't do it, why do you think dropbox will...?

Francisco

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @Francisco said:

@Specsblue said: I have heard from my own users that they are already storing over 500TB+ and Dropbox can handle that without a problem.

>

Until dropbox does and audit and tells everyone to take a hike.

If Amazon & Azure can't/won't do it, why do you think dropbox will...?

Francisco

Because I know that it works from multiple sources. Please, let's not discuss the product.
    People who are interested in unlimited storage can message me or write here. Otherwise, we get a thread with too many questions and answers.

Many people use Google Drive unlimited in the last few years, but that time is over. Dropbox can solve our problems now.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What you may not be familiar with is that you actually get 3TB of storage and, when you use that, you need to contact support and request more. They’re never going to fully lift the limits, because of capacity planning.

• @jar said: They’re never going to fully lift the limits, because of capacity planning.

True, but I've asked for a 200TB increment and they did it no questions asked.

This obviously doesn't mean that it wont change in the future

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jahrinc said:

@jar said: They’re never going to fully lift the limits, because of capacity planning.

True, but I've asked for a 200TB increment and they did it no questions asked.

This obviously doesn't mean that it wont change in the future

exactly like that. they are friendly to increase limits.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

The Business Advanced plan is only $24/mo, right? https://www.dropbox.com/business

Why do you need user(s) to help cover such a low cost?

• @MannDude said:
    The Business Advanced plan is only $24/mo, right? https://www.dropbox.com/business

Why do you need user(s) to help cover such a low cost?

You should check Dropbox first before posting.
    The requirement is a minimum of 3 Users. 24USD per user.

• tjntjn Member

$72 for 200TB?
    That's still insanely cheap

• Their business agreement says right off that "Customer will not: (a) sell, resell, or lease the Services" and the plans aren't for personal use.

• SpecsblueSpecsblue Member
    edited March 2023

@tjn said:
    $72 for 200TB?
    That's still insanely cheap

Even more, I know people they store more than 500TB. And yes, it is instantly cheap. >

@resocket said:

Their business agreement says right off that "Customer will not: (a) sell, resell, or lease the Services" and the plans aren't for personal use.

Thank you, your post was very helpful. This plan is for teams, and if we build up together, we are a team.