Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

inquiry for the solid providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

inquiry for the solid providers

I have searched the "offer" tag in this site, there are really dozens of providers who seem to run products with good reputation. May I ask your suggest for finding a solid provider? I need a AMD core, 1GB ram, and 50GB ssd or nvme disk. KVM architecture, and 1 IPv4 in the US. $20/y budget. I have several VPS in providers here, they had outages every month. I don't like to see this. So I want to find a more robust one. Thanks.

Comments

• Check this out: https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/
    I think they have good uptimes.

1 vCPU Core
    30 GB Pure SSD Storage
    1.5 GB RAM
    3000 GB Monthly Transfer
    1Gbps Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel
    Available in: LAX, SJC, DFW, ORD, BUF, EWR, ATL
    ONLY $16.88/YEAR!

Though the storage is 20GB short from your demand..

Thanked by 2highwinds dustinc
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@highwinds said:
    I have searched the "offer" tag in this site, there are really dozens of providers who seem to run products with good reputation. May I ask your suggest for finding a solid provider? I need a AMD core, 1GB ram, and 50GB ssd or nvme disk. KVM architecture, and 1 IPv4 in the US. $20/y budget. I have several VPS in providers here, they had outages every month. I don't like to see this. So I want to find a more robust one. Thanks.

The truth is you'll probably have to pay more, especially for more robust uptimes/redundancy.

Your budget barely covers what most providers charge for an additional IPv4 these days (if even). To deliver all that you're asking for at $1.6/mo is cutting it pretty razor thin, unless the underlying infrastructure/support is as equally "razor thin". The alternative is just accepting that it might be quite oversold (so you can't 50-100% the CPU core) and hoping the provider does a good job managing and maintaining/balancing load.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Buy two cheap plans from here and and deploy failover.

Thanked by 3dusst speedypage AXYZE
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@highwinds said: I need a AMD core, 1GB ram, and 50GB ssd or nvme disk. KVM architecture, and 1 IPv4 in the US. $20/y budget.

You need to raise your budget

• like > @crunchbits said:

@highwinds said:

The truth is you'll probably have to pay more, especially for more robust uptimes/redundancy.

Your budget barely covers what most providers charge for an additional IPv4 these days (if even). To deliver all that you're asking for at $1.6/mo is cutting it pretty razor thin, unless the underlying infrastructure/support is as equally "razor thin". The alternative is just accepting that it might be quite oversold (so you can't 50-100% the CPU core) and hoping the provider does a good job managing and maintaining/balancing load.

what do you think is the absolute lower limit of $ for the above searched for?

• @angstrom said: You need to raise your budget

I was thinking all budgets less than $30/y are OK to me

@highwinds said:

@angstrom said: You need to raise your budget

I was thinking all budgets less than $30/y are OK to me

That's more realistic

What's tricky is the combination AMD + 50GB ssd

• @angstrom said: What's tricky is the combination AMD + 50GB ssd

i run a postgresql database on it.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@hyperblast said:
    like > @crunchbits said:

@highwinds said:

what do you think is the absolute lower limit of $ for the above searched for?

That's really tough. The cheapest we have (had) would meet/exceed all the criteria OP is asking for but it's on Xeon not AMD. Paid monthly it's $3/mo and yearly ~$2.85/mo. At one point we had a sale on them and I think it was down to $2.25/mo. I don't think you're going to get much below that range anymore, and if OP wants 100% SLA or something along those lines you just simply won't touch it at this price range.

@highwinds said:

@angstrom said: What's tricky is the combination AMD + 50GB ssd

RackNerd's promotions are very competitive. In your place, if it were urgent and the budget were tight, I'd probably go with the following BF promotion from RackNerd:

2.5GB KVM VPS
    2 vCPU Cores
    60 GB PURE SSD RAID-10 Storage
    2.5 GB RAM
    7000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    Available in Multiple Locations
    JUST $28.55/YEAR - WOW!!

See https://www.racknerd.com/BlackFriday/

It's not AMD, but you get 2 vCores

Thanked by 2highwinds dustinc
  • I will give a try on this provider.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

Yo

Just to give some insight from what’s possible from a providers point of view

To get 1 year ROI on hardware here’s a price/specs example for a dedicated server

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    128 GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB or more NVME Storage

150 USD/month first year then 100 USD/month

Additional IPv4 block is added at 0.4 USD per IP. (12 USD for a /27 or whatever)

Say a provider buy this and can fit 150 1 GB VPS in it. Their cost would be around:

VPS hardware: 12.5/yr
    IPv4: 4.8/yr

In total 17.3 USD per year is their cost. After year 1 it would be 13.1 USD per year.

Tbh it’s doable. Especially if I would offer Ryzen KVM. My costs would be much much less

• @highwinds said:

@angstrom said: What's tricky is the combination AMD + 50GB ssd

why do you need an AMD cpu for running postgres?

@ezeth said:
    Yo

To get 1 year ROI on hardware here’s a price/specs example for a dedicated server

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    128 GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB or more NVME Storage

Additional IPv4 block is added at 0.4 USD per IP. (12 USD for a /27 or whatever)

Say a provider buy this and can fit 150 1 GB VPS in it. Their cost would be around:

In total 17.3 USD per year is their cost. After year 1 it would be 13.1 USD per year.

Tbh it’s doable. Especially if I would offer Ryzen KVM. My costs would be much much less

But the costs for a provider normally go beyond hardware + IP costs. For example, if a provider wants to be responsive to tickets when there's an issue, this will require a support staff, which will be an additional cost

(If I recall well, there were a number of complaints about your responsiveness)

• @angstrom said:

@ezeth said:
    Yo

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    128 GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB or more NVME Storage

But the costs for a provider normally go beyond hardware + IP costs. For example, if a provider wants to be responsive to tickets when there's an issue, this will require a support staff, which will be an additional cost

he has no support. what cost?

Thanked by 3angstrom kasodk bruh21
  • @ezeth said:
    Yo

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    128 GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB or more NVME Storage

OP asked for a solid provider, not a boomer deadpool formula.

Thanked by 2covent crunchbits
  • speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

@angstrom said:

@ezeth said:
    Yo

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    128 GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB or more NVME Storage

This came up as a discussion in the VirtFusion discord, and I can confirm this pricing was not very logical. He was using eBay second hand hardware, including looking at RDIMM's when this requires UDIMM's, which are more expensive.

Sure, $100 a month is possible when you're single homed to Cogent in a datacentre in Houston, Texas. Any provider wanting to employ people, have good support, use good facilities with a good network blend, is charging at least double for the hardware he has mentioned.

Thanked by 3angstrom covent melp57
  • jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

We can help meet your requirements for a higher budget, if you're interested for VM's in Hong Kong or the UK.

• @speedypage said:

@angstrom said:

@ezeth said:
    Yo

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    128 GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB or more NVME Storage

This came up as a discussion in the VirtFusion discord, and I can confirm this pricing was not very logical. He was using eBay second hand hardware, including looking at RDIMM's when this requires UDIMM's, which are more expensive.

Sure, $100 a month is possible when you're single homed to Cogent in a datacentre in Houston, Texas. Any provider wanting to employ people, have good support, use good facilities with a good network blend, is charging at least double for the hardware he has mentioned.

Speedy page, I like your response here, I'm heading to your site to make a purchase in Ashburn.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@highwinds said:

I will give a try on this provider.

Thanks for working with RackNerd 👊 I'm confident you're going to enjoy the level of service we provide.

If you ever need anything, we'll be here to help.

• LeviLevi Member

Solid providers are not low end. Salaries need to be high in order to care about customer.

The list is very short:

• rackspace
    • liquidweb
    • bluehost (yes!)
    • carbon60

These are monsters. But you will definitely get some personal asmr attention. And no shity whmcs...