Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wordpress or html ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wordpress or html ?

markzmarkz Member

hello, i've a project create a million pages for one url. give me advice which one more effective, wordpress or html. "effective" is intended for speed site.
Thk you

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@markz said:
    hello, i've a project create a million pages for one url. give me advice which one more effective, wordpress or html. "effective" is intended for speed site.
    Thk you

obviously, HTML.

Thanked by 4markz Kebab vero yanling
  • markzmarkz Member

@FatGrizzly said:

obviously, HTML.

thanks for advice

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Grav, try it.

Thanked by 2markz WebProject
  • html

Thanked by 1markz
  • markzmarkz Member

@Arkas said:
    Grav, try it.

Thank you. I will study

• markzmarkz Member

@hyperblast said:
    html

thank you, for advice

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@markz said: hello, i've a project create a million pages for one url

More quality content coming to the Internet...

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Arkas said:
    Grav, try it.

Thought to recommended Grav too

Thanked by 1markz
  • edited March 2023

Generate in WP locally, export to HTML, host on Cloudflare pages.

Free. Fast.

Thanked by 1markz
  • loayloay Member

@markz said: create a million pages

Don't spam and use Blades

• markzmarkz Member
    edited March 2023

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Generate in WP locally, export to HTML, host on Cloudflare pages.

Free. Fast.

thanks. interesting. but hosting ready

@WebProject said:

@Arkas said:
    Grav, try it.

Thought to recommended Grav too

thnk thank you, I will keep

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited March 2023

HTML without question. Look into HUGO - https://gohugo.io/ -- HUGO is fast.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jlet88 said: HTML without question. Look into HUGO - https://gohugo.io/ -- HUGO is fast.

That is an excellent and probably vital recommendation if OP is really talking about 1,000,000 pages. Nothing is probably going to generate it as fast as Hugo.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited March 2023

@raindog308 said:

@jlet88 said: HTML without question. Look into HUGO - https://gohugo.io/ -- HUGO is fast.

That is an excellent and probably vital recommendation if OP is really talking about 1,000,000 pages. Nothing is probably going to generate it as fast as Hugo.

Yep. If truly 1,000,000 pages, then that pretty much means Hugo is one of the top, if not THE top logical, sane option. And the only static site generator that I'd trust for that scale of project.

I did a huge test of static site generators last year with a sample set of more than 250,000 pages (don't ask what the content was!), and Hugo was the only system that could handle it with any kind of sanity. I've since become a big Hugo fan. It is worth the learning curve, and I would be very confident that it could handle 1,000,000 pages.

Thanked by 2raindog308 markz
  • If you want to have fast gotomarket with less budget, probably nothing can beat Wordpress. If you have lot of content and pages, static sites can be a headache as the build time will be a pain. Another thing is user management and editing, if you want to manage this better to go with a backend CMS where you can easily edit content and manage users.

Thanked by 1markz