Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

combathon spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

combathon spam

SirNeoSirNeo Member
edited March 2023 in General

WTF is this? I never orderd anything. How do they have my email address and what is with that order?

Comments

• @SirNeo said:
    WTF is this? I never orderd anything. How do they have my email address and what is with that order?

just ignore it as could be some mistake from their side. but as protection filters goes they are doing well on that department.

• Just ask them @combahton_it ...

• emghemgh Member

@amsaal said: just ignore it as could be some mistake from their side.

Mistakenly gathering his email. I like it.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@SirNeo not a spam, someone might have signed up an account and ordered a service while using your email address. I'd propose to try resetting the password, to see whats going on within the account.

• @combahton_it said: might have signed up an account and ordered a service while using your email address. I'd propose to try resetting the password, to see whats going on within the accoun

A password reset could not be performed with the entered data. Please check your input and try again.

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited March 2023

@SirNeo said:

@combahton_it said: might have signed up an account and ordered a service while using your email address. I'd propose to try resetting the password, to see whats going on within the accoun

A password reset could not be performed with the entered data. Please check your input and try again.

Your email address got fastpiped. :D

• LeviLevi Member

@combahton_it said: someone might have signed up an account and ordered a service while using your email address

Without proper email validation on signup you accept orders. This is outrageous and should be punished with right hand hard slap to the cheeks.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@LTniger said:

@combahton_it said: someone might have signed up an account and ordered a service while using your email address

Without proper email validation on signup you accept orders. This is outrageous and should be punished with right hand hard slap to the cheeks.

To be fair the one time I don’t hold people to double opt in procedures is when they use WHMCS. Just enabling the feature reduces finalization of orders to an unusual degree. Gmail hates the confirmation emails, customers give up before finishing the order. It sucks.