Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which server control panel would you choose if not concerned about budget?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which server control panel would you choose if not concerned about budget?

NebesNebes Member

Which server control panel would you choose if not concerned about budget to manage several WordPress sites with video streaming, just performance and usability, for non Unix pro?

Comments

• Plesk

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

cPanel if budget is not an issue

• NebesNebes Member
    edited March 2023

Oops, my mistake - I am choosing between runcloud, plesk, cloudron and so on )) I need to manage own server, better by mouse not cmd, tired of third party administration services, expensive and not always online.

Is it real not to pay to admins and do mostly by own?

Even ChatGPT sometimes knows more than my support.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

One more vote for Plesk. It's not even on expensive side.

Thanked by 2greentea Ympker
  • Gridpane since you said not concerned about budget.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • NebesNebes Member

@hiphiphip0 said:
    Gridpane since you said not concerned about budget.

I need own server, it is adult, also their less than 25 sites core package is "free" - sounds strange, panel plan for up to 50 sites 100 per month - I can't understand pricing policy... 🙈

Thanked by 1greentea
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Plesk is quite nice, has a bunch of useful extensions.

Thanked by 2WebProject Ympker
  • plesk

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Plesk

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:
    Plesk is quite nice, has a bunch of useful extensions.

Too bad pricing will probably be doubled in the future.

• @Nebes said:
    Which server control panel would you choose if not concerned about budget to manage several WordPress sites with video streaming, just performance and usability, for non Unix pro?

Honestly, I'd choose NO control panel for this. Hosting several WordPress sites as you are planning to do is straightforward, requires nothing complicated -- https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/ -- and it's fairly easy to maintain, unless you're doing something more complicated.

There are many guides for setting up a basic LAMP/LEMP system for WordPress and you don't really need all the extra stuff from a control panel if that's all you are doing.

If you need more features beyond that or you feel nervous or unsure about learning it, then okay, it might be worth the trouble and expense for a control panel, and I personally like Plesk a little more.

But why not just learn the basics yourself, you might enjoy it, and you'll be in full control of your VPS/server...

I suggest you try it out yourself -- rent a separate VPS and just learn how to set up a working system... work through each step carefully so you understand it from securing your VPS to installing LAMP/LEMP, to setting up WP, and configuring other services you need like backup, etc... all those things are doable for anyone, and once you go through the learning curve, you'll find your server will perform quite well, you'll know much better what's going on, you'll save money, and if you want to, you can actually spend more money on better VPSes instead of control panel software and admins. You might surprise yourself.

Or, just get Plesk and forget everything I said. B) YMMV and good luck!

Thanked by 2MannDude greentea
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Webuzo looks good!

Lots of providers offer free DA.

• @JamesF said:
    Webuzo looks good!

Lots of providers offer free DA.

I tried Webuzo and it looks solid, it was lacking an installer for PHP Modules like what Plesk and cPanel have with PECL and EA4 .. but it's good enough for what it does.

Thanked by 1JamesF
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

@Nebes said:

WordOps + modify nginx config for streaming.
    WordOps setup https://upcloud.com/resources/tutorials/multiple-wordpress-sites-wordops
    Take a look at this nginx config https://gist.github.com/CSRaghunandan/ce2394cd5a9c8a412f8ff5ee1478560a

This will give you results better than almost every other solution with minimum effort and zero cost.

I'm admin of 4 high traffic video streaming sites, if you would need expert help then we can cooperate, but I won't tick your "cheap" requirement. If you need cheap then just configure it like I mentioned above - its enough until you are big and need to scale.

Thanked by 1Nebes
  • @AXYZE WordOps is a good recommendation and free but op mentioned he wants less command line.

RunCloud should be good for you @Nebes and if you want, you can adjust nginx config per site from the panel itself.

Thanked by 1Nebes
  • emghemgh Member

cPanel for shared hosting

GridPane or RunCloud for VPS hosting

Thanked by 1Nebes
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

@Kassem said:
    @AXYZE WordOps is a good recommendation and free but op mentioned he wants less command line.

And thats exactly why I recommend WordOps - single command and done, no tinkiering.

You want to have GUI/web tools? Same thing - single command and done.
    https://docs.wordops.net/commands/stack/
    Dashboard, phpMyAdmin, Netdata, Filemanager etc.
    :)

I've never saw someone complaining about WordOps ease of use and I've showed it to people that didnt even know how to connect to SSH. You just type 3 words in SSH and you get what you need, no worries about PHP version/MySQL setup/installing Wordpress.

You need SSH to install RunCloud/whatever, so why not just type 3 commands after installing and have your WP setup correctly, instead of having seperate service with seperate billing and seperate account? ;)

OP is probably scared about installing MySQL, creating DB users, setting up permissions, deleting wp install etc. like you would do in past. WordOps is a great solution unless he just hates to write couple words like "wo stack install --dashboard" in SSH :)

Thanked by 1Nebes
  • GhtGht Member

Another vote for Plesk :)

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@AXYZE said: I've never saw someone complaining about WordOps ease of use

At work our production server broke with time, it had nothing but WO.

The sites were working but it got painfully slow and the console got filled with errors after each wo-related command was entered.

You absolutely should be knowledgeable and willing to spend time doing SYS-admin if you're going for an full-out CLI solution.

That said, even GridPane has damanged a server for me.

I don't think RunCloud ever has though (but I've been using it less, I probably could break that too).

Point is, managed web hosting is where it's all if you don't want to be the admin.

Paid, web-based solutions are probably with time less prone to disaster.

CLI-tools developed in one's spare time probably is the most experimental way of hosting that you could choose out of the above listed.

• i will have one made to my liking.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

Talking about CLI, Webinoly has been good to me.

Very good for spinning up a very basic server with their "-clean" variable command and getting MariaDB, phpmyamdin, PHP, Nginx etc up and running as fast as possible.

• Playing with cloudpanel.io for several months, pretty simple and do the job, beginner friendly.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • wagumaxidawagumaxida Member
    edited March 2023

aapanel

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@emgh said:

@AXYZE said: I've never saw someone complaining about WordOps ease of use

At work our production server broke with time, it had nothing but WO.

The sites were working but it got painfully slow and the console got filled with errors after each wo-related command was entered.

Do you have any logs or do you remember what these problems said? It would be very interesting to debug it :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • TrKTrK Member

Plesk or maybe enhance.

• alt_alt_ Member

cPanel

• suutsuut Member

CyberPanel and aaPanel with LiteSpeed for WordPress.

• Plesk thanks

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 2023

It's somewhat interesting that among all those posts on the tech forum no one said:

server control panel (ie. webmin) != webhosting control panel (ie. Virtualmin, Plesk, cPanel...)