Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Racknerd not update customers when doing maintenance?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Racknerd not update customers when doing maintenance?

stonedstoned Member
edited March 2023 in Providers

Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later

I received no emails or notifications. I woke up to use something on my cluster and one of the Racknerd Nodes was down. No ETA or information in my mailbox. The node in question is located in Dallas, TX

Is this is standard procedure for some low end providers? In contract, HostHatch sends emails letting us know when to expect downtime due to maintenance.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Maybe an unexpected downtime/maintenance

• @Calin said:
    Maybe an unexpected downtime/maintenance

I hadn't considered that. Thank you.

Thanked by 2Calin greentea
  • ralfralf Member
    edited March 2023

https://status.racknerd.com/

OUTAGE - DAL109KVM

We are aware that DAL109KVM is currently experiencing connectivity issues. We are currently looking into this node further and will provide additional updates on this matter once we have more information.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @stoned said:

Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later

I received no emails or notifications. I woke up to use something on my cluster and one of the Racknerd Nodes was down. No ETA or information in my mailbox. The node in question is located in Dallas, TX

Is this is standard procedure for some low end providers? In contract, HostHatch sends emails letting us know when to expect downtime due to maintenance.

That's a generic message from solus/whmcs. It's not the end of the world. Try again later. Patience is a virtue even the extremist far right can comfortably signal.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@dahartigan said: Patience is a virtue even the extremist far right can comfortably signal.

Far-left would burn a city in the meantime.
    See George Floyd fiasco as an example, they burned everything down before bodycam was even released.

but yeah, its not the time for politics.
    however considering what is going on currently with racknerd and Dustin, politics and especially the knowledge of law will be useful to him ;)

• I was also experiencing the same issue with my Dallas server. But it came back up around 20 mins ago.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi @stoned -- Thank You for being our valued customer, and for continuing to expand your footprint with us :)

To update, we believe in full transparency and staying in constant communication with our customers, and for the past couple years have using our status page (which is also hosted off-site) to communicate any outages, maintenances, even non service-impacting events. Here's the URL: https://status.racknerd.com/

This process has been working well for us for the past couple years, and we've found that it provides a quick and easy way to stay in streamlined communication with customers in the event of either scheduled maintenances (which are emailed as well), or unexpected maintenances.

As far as unexpected outages are concerned, these are proactively monitored utilizing various tools such as external monitoring services like Hetrix and also internal tools such as Grafana. Our support team and systems administrators are available 24x7, and as soon as we receive an alert that a physical node may be unavailable, because of the fact we are truly available 24x7, a sysadmin will be on it right away (within minutes). Therefore, you can expect that within minutes of an outage, the status page will be manually updated by a support tech, while a sysadmin investigates the outage in parallel. This ensures there is no delay in resolving the actual issue at hand, while still allowing us to communicate with our customers and let them know we're aware. Most of our outages (if they are service impacting) last under 10 minutes. As far as Dallas is concerned the only outage we had this weekend was a single physical host node, DAL109KVM as others pointed out above - which I assume you are on (and this was resolved since). If you still have any outstanding issues or if you have any questions and wish to chat, feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

• RackNerd is amazing support under 10 minutes respond <3

• @Ganonk said:
    RackNerd is amazing support under 10 minutes respond <3

I normally try not to open support tickets unless I absolutely have to. Thanks everyone.

• @ralf said:
    https://status.racknerd.com/

OUTAGE - DAL109KVM

We are aware that DAL109KVM is currently experiencing connectivity issues. We are currently looking into this node further and will provide additional updates on this matter once we have more information.

I think they've been doing the best Network Status updates out of any provider I use. Virmach second.

It's just not done properly even in places that have a Network Status page.