Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is a hell of a VPS (YABS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is a hell of a VPS (YABS)

securersecurer Member
edited March 2023 in Reviews

I don't know about you guys but I never seen this kind of VPS performance. YES, this is a VPS not a dedi. Have you seen a VPS with YABS better than this?

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2023-02-27                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun Mar  5 08:31:42 CET 2023

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
Processor  : Common KVM processor
CPU cores  : 12 @ 2095.076 MHz
AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
RAM        : 15.5 GiB
Swap       : 7.9 GiB
Disk       : 142.0 GiB
Distro     : CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
Kernel     : 3.10.0-1160.el7.x86_64
VM Type    : KVM

Basic Network Information:
Protocol   : IPv6
ISP        : Fiber Telecom
ASN        : AS49716 Atriis Technologies Ltd
Host       : Fiber Telecom, LLC
Location   : Vaduz, Vaduz (11)
Country    : Liechtenstein

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 161.89 MB/s  (40.4k) | 1.45 GB/s    (22.8k)
Write      | 162.31 MB/s  (40.5k) | 1.46 GB/s    (22.9k)
Total      | 324.20 MB/s  (81.0k) | 2.92 GB/s    (45.7k)
           |                      |                     
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 3.09 GB/s     (6.0k) | 2.69 GB/s     (2.6k)
Write      | 3.25 GB/s     (6.3k) | 2.87 GB/s     (2.8k)
Total      | 6.34 GB/s    (12.3k) | 5.56 GB/s     (5.4k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 4.78 Gbits/sec  | 9.12 Gbits/sec  | 6.87 ms        
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 4.84 Gbits/sec  | 7.25 Gbits/sec  | 9.28 ms        
NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 4.89 Gbits/sec  | 9.39 Gbits/sec  | 0.212 ms       
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 96.1 ms        
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 2.29 Gbits/sec  | 74.3 ms        
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.20 Gbits/sec  | 1.67 Gbits/sec  | 107 ms         
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 356 Mbits/sec   | 571 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms         

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 4.81 Gbits/sec  | 8.86 Gbits/sec  | 6.76 ms        
ping: ping6.online.net: Name or service not known
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 4.64 Gbits/sec  | 8.22 Gbits/sec  |                
NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 4.84 Gbits/sec  | 9.08 Gbits/sec  | 0.175 ms       
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 1.91 Gbits/sec  | 96.3 ms        
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.37 Gbits/sec  | 2.38 Gbits/sec  | 74.3 ms        
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.37 Gbits/sec  | 1.44 Gbits/sec  | 107 ms         
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.03 Gbits/sec  | 574 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms 

Comments

• Who's the provider?

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

I'm sure there are plenty of more powerful VPS out there. But without knowing the price that is kinda useless.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • still a 2 ghz processor

• dosaidosai Member

Where is the GB score?

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @kkrajk said:
    still a 2 ghz processor

Better than 1 :)

@labze said:
    I'm sure there are plenty of more powerful VPS out there. But without knowing the price that is kinda useless.

the price is a little over LETs

@dosai said:
    Where is the GB score?

Geekbench 6 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

• @securer said: Geekbench 6 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

Too old kernel, most likely.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited March 2023

no gb6 no hellbeast!

• @BingoBongo said:
    Who's the provider?

@securer

Thanked by 2Carlin0 BingoBongo
  • @hyperblast said:

@BingoBongo said:
    Who's the provider?

@securer

Thinking the same :lol:

• I don't know about you guys, but this is an incomplete YABS.

• This is probably some inside joke I don't understand

• @covent said:
    This is probably some inside joke I don't understand

Without saying which provider, i don't know wth the op is trying to convey. Its more like a shit post.

Thanked by 2pedagang bruh21
  • Without yabs result link, i don't trust such yabs

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • loayloay Member

Without the price or full bench any vps from Digitalocean or Hetzner can beat those results.

• The provider is @securer.

Thanked by 1kait
  • meh. I'd say it could be better.

• ralfralf Member

That CPU is only for commoners.

• @securer said:
    I don't know about you guys but I never seen this kind of VPS performance. YES, this is a VPS not a dedi. Have you seen a VPS with YABS better than this?

To be honest: yes. I've seen dozens of them that are better.

First of all: define "better". A YABS consists of a number of tests. Better Disk I/O? What kind of Disk I/O? Better network connectivity? To where? etc etc.

And it's not difficult to get a "better YABS" on a VPS. Install Proxmox on a Epyc million-core dedi, assign a ridiculous number of cores to one VPS and run YABS.

As said by a number of people before: without you telling what commercial party offers these, your post value is zero. At least we know is that is has Novoserv connectivity and it appears to be in their (Oude Meer?) DC. That pretty much limits the number of posibilities, but none of them are in the price range of LET.

Which brings me to the last thing: what is the point you're trying to make? You're on LET. This VPS isn't offered for EUR10/month or something near that. Or is it "my d*ck is bigger as yours" kind of thing you want to prove?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Calypso said:

@securer said:

First of all: define "better". A YABS consists of a number of tests. Better Disk I/O? What kind of Disk I/O? Better network connectivity? To where? etc etc.

And it's not difficult to get a "better YABS" on a VPS. Install Proxmox on a Epyc million-core dedi, assign a ridiculous number of cores to one VPS and run YABS.

As said by a number of people before: without you telling what commercial party offers these, your post value is zero. At least we know is that is has Novoserv connectivity and it appears to be in their (Oude Meer?) DC. That pretty much limits the number of posibilities, but none of them are in the price range of LET.

Which brings me to the last thing: what is the point you're trying to make? You're on LET. This VPS isn't offered for EUR10/month or something near that. Or is it "my d*ck is bigger as yours" kind of thing you want to prove?

just edit the yabs output to your satisfaction, thats how I enjoy my pentinum servers

• @Calypso said:

@securer said:

actually the cheapest one they have is 9 euros/month with as usual discount for a yearly plan.

@Kassem said:
    The provider is @securer.

how I wish. lol

• actually the cheapest one they have is 9 euros/month with as usual discount for a yearly plan.

whois "they"? is that so hard to understand?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Empty apartment.

• @DP said:
    Empty apartment.

hahaha I like this comment.

@hyperblast said:

actually the cheapest one they have is 9 euros/month with as usual discount for a yearly plan.

whois "they"? is that so hard to understand?

i am just testing their vps. it's rdp.so, he just give me a vouch copy to review the vps/rdp.

• Hi, please do you tell name provider of your VPS?
    Thank you

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@lordnascloud said:
    Hi, please do you tell name provider of your VPS?
    Thank you

Bruh

• loayloay Member

@securer said: rdp.so

€29,90 per month

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

Seems like the bare minimum outside of the 10G networking :)

• Am I looking into this wrong or is this just sketch as hell?

Domain registered Dec 2022.

On their webpage they have this as their address:

Fiber Telecom, LLC
    16192 Coastal Hwy
    Lewes, 19958
    Delaware
    United States

Why do so many "businesses" have this address?

https://www.leweschamber.com/organization/harvard-business-services-inc
    https://www.zenotis.com/contact-us/
    https://popey.co/contact/
    https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1654124/000114420416128056/filename4.htm
    https://www.hyphenproducts.com/contact-us

Thanked by 1loay
  • loayloay Member
    edited March 2023

@CyberneticTitan said: Why do so many "businesses" have this address?

Virtual business address:
    delawareinc .com/ourservices/mail-forwarding/

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited March 2023

@CyberneticTitan said: Why do so many "businesses" have this address?

You can start from anywhere and have a virtual office there.